There's Norway I'd Go Oslo As That

Keano16

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0db19f7efe5c66839616575c4c0d9ee8.png

We got lucky here in the cup I feel.  We were heavy favourites, and rightly so, so I rotated everyone with a league game coming soon and they failed to impress. Ull/Kisa had the majority of the highlights but we seized on two chances just around the hour mark. Our two wide men doing the damage. The ref then gave, what was described as controversial, penalty. Nonetheless we got the win and that's what matters I guess.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Take the W and move on, be thankful the ref put on an otherwise good show.

He should be thankful that he didn't get a visit from a metal chair...

10 minutes ago, coconut79 said:

Aah, nice, I'm managing in the lowest league in Norway, and some of the B sides of the teams in your league are kicking my ass. 

Anyway, Norway is immense fun, I'll be following.

I'm not personally liable for any psychological damage caused as a result of a hammering by the hands (or feet I suppose) of my second team. *Looks at lawyer who nods*

Cheers man! It's something different for me with a different approach needed. I'm certainly enjoying it. Thanks for following. 

10 hours ago, Keano16 said:

He should be thankful that he didn't get a visit from a metal chair...

Shakira still has Nightmares... Goddamnit Hakan.

e62e8395c8082678e8456bd038e38918.png

A big victory, away to a side that was predicted to finish 3rd. We got off to a terrible start, conceding a soft goal after 7 minutes but we then fought back, creating some great chances that we didn't take. After halftime though, the lads rallied and two quick fire goals between 50 and 60 minutes gave us the lead. Youngster Aanesland capped off the win with his third goal of the season.

April Roundup

398bb2ad64f0206900f93786fede486c.png

Just the one loss which is very pleasing. Although, if you look at the table below you'll see that none of the teams we've played are in the top 6. Next month will give us a better indicator of where we are I believe.

73d0065b9848ff56698797858aa0b5c4.png

2nd is great and I want to stay in the top five come the end of the season. Rosenborg are typically the leaders.

e65dce6ded2810f6891809790f71473d.png

May brings a rematch with Odds in the cup. (What were the odds of that? eh?:brock: No? Ok, I'll show myself out....)

A mix of games from top half and bottom half teams. Aiming for maximum points from Viking, Valerenga (Rivals) and Mjondalen. Seeing as two of the other three are home games we really should be winning those too.

4 hours ago, wynter said:

Couldn't see it, so apologies if I'm blind but what tactic/tactics are you running for the season? 

Better get those eyes checked out man because it was clearly posted before....:D I haven't gotten round to it yet but I shall at some point today. 

33 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Keaaaanooo! This is starting out great, man. 

Benjoeeeeeee! I hope it ends just as well.

Here we go @wynter!

7445f9715a0bfc69ca055ec951328722.png

The last game I switched the striker to a DLF (a) from a TM (a) as I didn't want us to look for him the whole time with long balls. I added the PI Dribble Less so he has the same instructions as a TM (a), along with Moves into Channels as a default for the DLF. The only other thing different is in the screenshot I swapped the positions of the CM (a) and the RPM, in all our games so far they have been the other way around. As I read that the CM (a) and the IF (a) could be running into the same spaces. The CM (a) being on the side with the W (a) will hopefully give him more space. Finally, I added the PI Stay Wider to both fullbacks so that we always have an option out wide.

If anyone has anymore questions just ask. :)

On a side note: Does anyone know how to fix the boxes in the pitch view? Calling all you skin savvy people out there!

7db68a4f0df7e7c06e42bc0665c0ea8d.png

Solid win, with particularly nice build up play for the first goal. Orlov with a brace that brings his tally to 4 in 5 games. Interestingly my centre back Naess is one of my best free kick takers. It was him who assisted our second goal. We move into top spot with the win. The Stuttgart manager has been at the last few games, looking at Sayouba. I don't think we'll be keeping him when the European windows open as his morale is stuck at Very Poor. When we win it only ever goes to Poor. Sunderland are also interested.

7870f2cc62a72193ccc54566d1b4f941.png

I rotated a few guys as I want to focus on the league in the first season. We were bombarded in the first 20 minutes, with the goal itself hitting off our keeper on the way in.  The second could have been dealt with too, Meling being in between the scorer and the ball but somehow the Odds man put it in. Bencsik grabbed a goal with our only shot, Meling finding him at the back post with a cross. Orlov had a great chance when he ran through on goal in the final minute, but he slowed down and allowed himself to be tackled. (I notice that not many goals are scored in FM16 by players running through the middle with the ball. Or am I seeing things?)

Back to league play.

13 minutes ago, wynter said:

It seems the Odds weren't in your favour :( 

Neither with that tackling tbh. 

Sadly not. 

Never looked at the tackling! I think he may be good as the CM (a) actually with that finishing. 

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Definitely a more attacking mid, CM(a) would be lovely.

He's very good already, I missed him so he's not in the squad but he definitely will be next season.

What I feel I need is a better back up left back and more depth in midfield. I wonder will the youth intake give us any gems. Speaking of youth intakes, does anyone know the date for the Norwegian one?

Priority number two is a tactic for away days against better or similar teams. Time to get thinking.

17 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Sadly not. 

Never looked at the tackling! I think he may be good as the CM (a) actually with that finishing. 

Hahaha, definitely an attacker

I was thinking "He's very optimistic about raising that tackling!" :lol:

43 minutes ago, wynter said:

Hahaha, definitely an attacker

I was thinking "He's very optimistic about raising that tackling!" :lol:

Always be unrealistically positive my friend. (Even when you're 10-0 down.)

2c51a690efe25e7f6932d2e7a66b175f.png

Not what I wanted, especially with 4th placed Tromso IL up next. We didn't kill the game off when we had the chances and were poor in the second half. Meling crossed to the back stick for Asante to put us one up before halftime. Brown equalized from, surprise surprise, another cross. 

82dde731dd6ea76b2a619e006e2d9b55.png

A good, solid win to bounce back. We conceded off a corner and I dreaded that it was going to be more of the same but then Njie dribbled in from the left and stuck the ball in the bottom corner. That started the three goals in ten minutes to seal it for us. Asante tucked away a spilled ball after a defensive mistake and then Skjonsberg tapped in his centre half partner's set piece. The same man was unfortunately the culprit at the other end, deflecting a wayward shot past Sayouba.

fdc8504aa4cdd58ecd39d1dc5fc75ed7.png

Orlov scored his fifth goal after Asante flicked the ball on from a free kick. The winger then won and converted a penalty to extend our advantage. We left Midtgarden all alone for an easy tap in but the result never really looked in doubt.

1256473d6c3c7d68c4ca8978b3fa4f1c.png

With thirty seconds left to play, substitute Omoijuanfo netted a priceless winner. We dominated the whole game but couldn't score until the final minute. 

d690b0bf0abe9cb84dbfb15893127594.gif

That sends us 3 points clear!

cf22db5dd3efd0e4e9a095cf53c7a5a2.png

'The eager boardmen were quick to tie me down, eh? Most prized possession they said, psychos....

But I guess they pay the wages'

32eeb5838a52c3428d5eee7110b243a7.png

No better way to celebrate the new contract you say, 10-0 I'd have preferred but anyway....Orlov with his sixth of the season. Njie had a goal harshly ruled out for offside but thankfully it wasn't needed. Aalesund never really threatened as they fall further down the table after a promising start. Rosenborg drew their game later on so our lead is extended to five points.

May Recap

0ca9ef217083b05939cf3c83399d6d06.png

Just the two hiccups, one in the cup which may be a blessing in disguise for our small squad, particularly in midfield. A draw followed but then four straight wins took us to the top of the league. The late winner against Sarpsborg was a highlight.

882dfaf8118c304e2966953d554489a3.png

Things are going well, with the second most goals scored behind only Rosenborg and tied with Odds for the least goals conceded. The most important stat however is the column on the fair right and that's where we have a good advantage, five points head of second and seven in front of third.

94b66999bf1b290b81cb9f64b29a4609.png

Only the one game next month but it's a massive one. Win and we go 8 clear, lose and we hand a confidence boost to the Norwegian giants. Whatever the score, it promises to be a cracking game.

11 minutes ago, ChallengeMeFM said:

Looking like a solid season - must be nice leaving Rosenborg with it all to do ;)  Been keeping tabs and will continue to do so!

Cheers mate. Hope you continue to enjoy seeing Rosenborg sitting pretty in second!

10 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Starting to tack control. Tidy.

Aye, I'll "tack" the control on the tactics board. :lol: Cheers man!

fa130209e18a105cbadf678c3dff90ee.png:mad: I've just been FM'd. They didn't get a look in during the first half, we were all over them. They then score three from their five shots on target, a through ball that I never ever see finished by players on this game, another straight after and then a free kick to win it, again I have never seen a free kick scored at all. In short I'm absolutely fuming. We went with a counter system that bossed them and we still end up losing. Sayoumba was at fault for every goal. *Breathe*

It's June 9th and the European windows have now opened. The vultures have already begun circling. A bid already for Kassi from Montpellier with 16 clubs interested, one for Naess from Lorient with 24 clubs interested and Swansea and Hoffenheim interested in Meling, Sporting, and Hannover joining Stuttgart for Sayouba. It's not even only the young players, captain and 32 year old Skjonsberg has 13 clubs interested. Luckily there's only 2 and a half months of this to go!.........

9 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Tough defeat there man! :( 

It's been a wonderful season other than that I'd say. 

Very frustrating to say the least but I guess you can't win them all!

It's been great so far, there's a months break til the next game. I'm not sure if my assistant will schedule friendlies? I just hope that my players don't kick up a fuss about wanting to leave. Kassi already has been promised we will win the league but I don't know if I reject this bid will he get mad again. Same thing with Naess.

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

Ahhh, that's brutal, Rosenborg deserved nothing.

But they got everything. :(

I don't know whether to reject all bids for players or not. On one hand we need them, on the other they will probably kick up a fuss and their morale will tank and derail our season. I have no clue how much I can get for them either.

22 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Very frustrating to say the least but I guess you can't win them all!

It's been great so far, there's a months break til the next game. I'm not sure if my assistant will schedule friendlies? I just hope that my players don't kick up a fuss about wanting to leave. Kassi already has been promised we will win the league but I don't know if I reject this bid will he get mad again. Same thing with Naess.

Aye, can't let that blunder get you down man!

If he's set to do so, then he should. But I don't know if he does it when it's not in a major pause, but just a short break. Better make sure and go make your own friendlies perhaps. You can always cancel them, if suddenly your assistant decides to join the booking and you have too many friendlies.

21 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Players won't get mad again as long as they're on a promise.

But if you break those.. Uh boy. 

Image result for dead gif

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Players won't get mad again as long as they're on a promise.

Glad for that. Bids shall be rejected later on!

57 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

But if you break those.. Uh boy. 

I'll Stabaek. #bringingbackthepuns