Uefa Youth League

Hi,

I tried the search function but couldn't find an answer to my query, if this has already been answered then please direct me to the thread.  

My youth team have finished top of the uefa youth league group stage however they do not appear in the knockout stages.  Please could someone explain the rules behind this in layman's terms.

Thanks.

have the draws been made? go into the competition and see when they are scheduled for. the competition finishes late (around same time as europa and cl) so it will probably just be that

hope thats all it is, and not a bug

6 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Hi,

The draw appears to have been made however my club doesn't appear in the fixtures for the first knockout stage.  I wasn't sure if there was a rule that influences this.

all i can suggest is loading your save as a bug issue then. no reason i can think of that you would be removed for any other reason. sorry

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Hi,

I tried the search function but couldn't find an answer to my query, if this has already been answered then please direct me to the thread.  

My youth team have finished top of the uefa youth league group stage however they do not appear in the knockout stages.  Please could someone explain the rules behind this in layman's terms.

Thanks.

Presume you are talking about the U19 Champion's Cup as its called in the default game.

Looking at my save it seems to be working correctly in which case:

A) Are you using a default or created database?

If you are using a created database it could be as a result of editing and you should contact the database creator to see if others have reported the same issue.  If not then pics of the results/league table would help, its possibly a bug but you would expect others to have reported it by now.

I'm sure it's just my misunderstanding of the rules as opposed to a bug.  Attached are the screenshots, my team is Liverpool and it states 'Q' as they finished top of the group however they don't appear in the knockout stage.

5925d6f63aef6_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewRules.thumb.png.007f3a104dd7104a8d7d505041b27a92.png5925d73c9c710_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.6b3b56981c8264ca4a4df2b91edd390e.png

5925d71c92b6b_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewStages.thumb.png.cd6935c702144562cd30c320f90fb43d.png

2 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I'm sure it's just my misunderstanding of the rules as opposed to a bug.  Attached are the screenshots, my team is Liverpool and it states 'Q' as they finished top of the group however they don't appear in the knockout stage.

5925d6f63aef6_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewRules.thumb.png.007f3a104dd7104a8d7d505041b27a92.png5925d73c9c710_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.6b3b56981c8264ca4a4df2b91edd390e.png

5925d71c92b6b_UEFAYouthLeague_OverviewStages.thumb.png.cd6935c702144562cd30c320f90fb43d.png

The First Knockout Round has teams who finished 2nd in their group, and the teams who won the Third Round of the other route. The eight winners will go on to face the 8 group winners in the Second Knockout Round.

2 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

The First Knockout Round has teams who finished 2nd in their group, and the teams who won the Third Round of the other route. The eight winners will go on to face the 8 group winners in the Second Knockout Round.

that wouldnt make sense. he has 8 groups, so 16 teams. you can see 16 teams in the second round

2 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

that wouldnt make sense. he has 8 groups, so 16 teams. you can see 16 teams in the second round

The group stage is played between sides in the Champions League Group Stage. Meanwhile, the winners of the youth league from the top 32 UEFA coefficient nations play in two knockout rounds (if the winners of a youth league are already in the group stage, they're replaced by the winners from the next best-ranked nation). The eight sides who finished second in the groups then play the eight remaining youth champions, and are then joined in the next round by the eight group winners.

It wouldn't be UEFA if it wasn't ten times more complicated than it needed to be.

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

The group stage is played between sides in the Champions League Group Stage. Meanwhile, the winners of the youth league from the top 32 UEFA coefficient nations play in two knockout rounds (if the winners of a youth league are already in the group stage, they're replaced by the winners from the next best-ranked nation). The eight sides who finished second in the groups then play the eight remaining youth champions, and are then joined in the next round by the eight group winners.

It wouldn't be UEFA if it wasn't ten times more complicated than it needed to be.

i was just looking at his screen shots, couldnt figure out where top teams had gone and where the other 8 had come from. what a stupid way to do it

Archived