Dwells on ball?

Hey all,

This PPM is one that has always confused me. Not sure how it works and I'm not sure if it's even useful. I know it can't be taught and is passed on through tutoring etc. However, say for an example that a Player like Hazard, Messi or B.Silva (players of great skill and intelligence ) were to have this PPM would it make them more selfish? would they dribble more? shoot more? or would they simply just hog the ball for no reason not really doing much with it? 

Just by the sound of "Dwells on ball" it seems like it could actually be good for players of high quality. The better the player the more time I want them to have the ball. But does that translate into FM?

• SI Staff

Thanks for reporting on the forums @ramie & @lemeuresnew,

Dwells on Ball is a Player Trait that will impact the players reaction time when making their next decision in the match when on the ball. Obviously that PPM won't always affect the player, though in spaces that are tight or there is a lack of options or movement around the player, they may get caught out more. 

Whereas Stops Play is more that a player will stop and review his options before making the next move for that split second. They are slightly similar, as they both stop play when on the ball, yet one is more composed than the other.

The impact of Player Traits is dependant really on how you utlise the player in the system, as some roles will compliment certain Player Traits.

Cheers,

Nic

Archived