Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
JSZylox

Work Permit Issues

Hey!

I just started playing again after a break.
Right now im a couple seasons in on this save and i have this kid at the age of 18 from Egypt.

He has: 13 matches and 7 goals for Egypts National Team

12 matches and 1 goal for Egypts U20

67 matches for his former club

Egypt is Ranked 52 in the world, how many more games does he need?

He is so good at his age and I want to utilze him more :p

check in the premiership rules. will tell you there

the matches have to be a percentage over a certain time, not a specific game number

14 minutes ago, JSZylox said:

Hey!

I just started playing again after a break.
Right now im a couple seasons in on this save and i have this kid at the age of 18 from Egypt.

He has: 13 matches and 7 goals for Egypts National Team

12 matches and 1 goal for Egypts U20

67 matches for his former club

Egypt is Ranked 52 in the world, how many more games does he need?

He is so good at his age and I want to utilze him more :p

Because Egypt is outside the top 50, he is ineligible for a work permit. You will need to hope they break into the top 50, at which point he'll need to have played in 75% of their matches in the last 12 months. 

This is part of the reason why signing players without permits is normally a bad idea. If he was being transferred now you could appeal and might get one, but that isn't an option when he's already joined you.

I was actually going to ask this exact question. Looks like my player won't be getting a Work Permit at all. The nation is ranked 101st. So that's not gonna improve massively. Was exited to have a promising youngster from my own nation. Guess I will loan him out again to shop window him and move him on.

7 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I was actually going to ask this exact question. Looks like my player won't be getting a Work Permit at all. The nation is ranked 101st. So that's not gonna improve massively. Was exited to have a promising youngster from my own nation. Guess I will loan him out again to shop window him and move him on.

you do get appeals. if you look in the league regulations it says how many points you get for certain things

you get points for what league they are in, and if they are going to be in the top 25 or 30 percent of earners over last 2 transfer windows. have a look at that?

2 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

you do get appeals. if you look in the league regulations it says how many points you get for certain things

you get points for what league they are in, and if they are going to be in the top 25 or 30 percent of earners over last 2 transfer windows. have a look at that?

Yup, and I have tried appealing. The points system for the appeal listed under league rules lists nothing for nations outside the top 50. when I appeal, it gets rejected outright, saying the player's nation is not in the top 50.

Its not a HUGE problem. The player is a first-day regen with good potential. I signed him for free and loaned him to a club in the Ukrainian top division, where he did okay-ish. He has a mediocre personality but I can't mentor him until he gets a WP, so he might not become a world beater. He was featuring in U20 matches for his nation right away and was playing for the senior national team before Christmas. I think he has featured in every national team match (at least one of the levels) for the entire year. I just got an affiliate agreement with a club in the Dutch Eredivisie so I will loan him there. Even if he does well there, it will take a long time for him to get EU citizenship. I'll just hope his value goes up and I can sell.

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Yup, and I have tried appealing. The points system for the appeal listed under league rules lists nothing for nations outside the top 50. when I appeal, it gets rejected outright, saying the player's nation is not in the top 50.

Its not a HUGE problem. The player is a first-day regen with good potential. I signed him for free and loaned him to a club in the Ukrainian top division, where he did okay-ish. He has a mediocre personality but I can't mentor him until he gets a WP, so he might not become a world beater. He was featuring in U20 matches for his nation right away and was playing for the senior national team before Christmas. I think he has featured in every national team match (at least one of the levels) for the entire year. I just got an affiliate agreement with a club in the Dutch Eredivisie so I will loan him there. Even if he does well there, it will take a long time for him to get EU citizenship. I'll just hope his value goes up and I can sell.

Also remember that even if you were to wait for him to get EU citizenship, there's a good chance Brexit will kick in and make it pointless.

The whole logic of ineligible players needs looking at.

Had a similar situation in which I inherited an ex-Bundesliga Brazilian in my Unterhaching side, freshly promoted from an inactive regional league to the German third tier . According to FM players from outside the EU and selected other countries aren't allowed to play in the German third tier, and thus he can't play any more league games for the remainder of his one year contract, and he's still a very long way from German residency requirements.

He should be coming to me asking to be loan or transfer listed when he can't play football rather than demanding an explanation for why he's been put on the loan list.

Similarly, if less importantly, the fans shouldn't be angry about me terminating the contract of someone who won't be eligible to play any more games for the club (except maybe a couple of cup ties)

(the AI signing 30-year-old ex-Bundesliga imports on 25k a week part time contracts for inactive regional leagues they're a little too good for and may well not be eligible to play in might be a minor issue too)