Grey players when starting

I'm using an edited database and when I start a save in the Swiss 4th tier, most of my players are greys and when I sign those greys, they are not up to the standard of the rest of the team/league. Any ideas? Probably something simple I'm missing. It's FM16 btw

5 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

is that the add players to playable leagues at the start set up? maybe try that?

find the grey players confusing myself

I looked for that but couldn't find it. I'll have another look when I get home for it, but could swear it wasn't there. Could that be because of the edited database?

5 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

i wouldnt of thought so. when you start the game and select what leagues you want, there are boxes underneath for adding real players and disabling attribute masking etc

Yeah, it's usually there. I'll boot it up when I get home from work and see if it's there. If not, it could be a major pain in the backside as the board want to me to challenge for promotion  which will be a challenge with 8 greys (well, greys signed to semi pro contracts) in the first team...

1 minute ago, mark1985 said:

Yeah, it's usually there. I'll boot it up when I get home from work and see if it's there. If not, it could be a major pain in the backside as the board want to me to challenge for promotion  which will be a challenge with 8 greys (well, greys signed to semi pro contracts) in the first team...

yeah, some times its best to start again rather than struggle for hours unnecessarily lol, good luck

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

yeah, some times its best to start again rather than struggle for hours unnecessarily lol, good luck

Thanks! Yeah I started a save in the careers forum, all greys signed to contracts in the Swiss 5th tier. Then after my first season, 75/80% of my players (including most of my youth intake) were all signed up by other teams (mainly in lower divisions). That put me back to square 1 and sucked the enjoyment out of it (as had a few promising players and could build on the last season). Trying again in the league above with a semi pro squad instead of an amateur one but it looks like I may have the same problem...

i have only played one save with amateur contracts, must admit i didnt really enjoy it for similar reasons! im all for a challenge of working my way up, but getting kicked down like you described again without any real control made it feel like a real job rather than fun

4 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Managed to sort this. It was hiding under 'advanced options' and the menu didn't automatically dropped down, so I missed it. D'oh!

you starting again? think it would be a quicker :)

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

you starting again? think it would be a quicker :)

Yeah, I am. I was only a week into the first season anyway, so restarted. Half of them are a bit naff, so should have stuck with the greys

ThreeGreys.jpg

5 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Yeah, I am. I was only a week into the first season anyway, so restarted. Half of them are a bit naff, so should have stuck with the greys

ThreeGreys.jpg

i want my youths to look like that lol

Just now, mark1985 said:

Imagine the stats?

Bending space and time: 17

Probing: 19

Creepiness: 20

bending space and time is already in the game, as vision and flair? think probing would obviously be off the ball

24 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

bending space and time is already in the game, as vision and flair? think probing would obviously be off the ball

How about vaporising? That would be very useful when defending against counter attacks

Archived