[Suggestion] Learn a Language before you go

Wavelberry

So I've been thinking about languages in the game and the courses you can send people on to get up to speed etc and was wondering whether it would be possible/desirable to allow managers to 'complete' a language course.

In my current save I am managing AFC Hornchurch and am in the Conference South. Eventually I am planning to move to Italy for my career. Now in real life if I was a manager who had led a team out of non-league and got a decent enough reputation to apply for some Serie C jobs I'd expect I wouldn't be given the time of day if I didn't know the language and in real life I'd probably spend a couple of years learning the language to a good level to be effective at my job if this was a career move I was planning.

The way I see it working is to apply to do the course (one language at any one time) like you do for the coaching badges. Unlike the coaching badges though it would be simulated as not affecting your training etc (as in real life you'd probably do it in your spare time) and would be slowly incremental. Maybe taking the year and a half + it takes to learn the language when you are in the country. This could then lead you to be looked at more favourably for jobs in foreign lands.

I don't think it should affect you if you have a massive reputation as it doesn't now in real life as you will find big managers getting jobs without the language but lower down the pyramid I think this would be a cool and immersive thing. It could also be sped up in learning time if you're unemployed/in the summer.

What do we think?

To be honest, I don't understand why it's not already an option. Players can attempt to learn a new language when they agree to move somewhere at the end of the season.

I know we can choose to add additional languages at the start of the game, but this way feels like it's a bit more realistic

6 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I know we can choose to add additional languages at the start of the game, but this way feels like it's a bit more realistic

@gunner86 adding the additional languages at the start is great, especially when your playing as yourself like after all 99% of learned either Spanish, French or German at school so there's no problem in adding them then

• 6 months later...

Archived