Sports Interactive Community
Callum-atfc

Gibraltar- player values

Sorry if this has already been covered but anyone know why the player values are so low? (My highest valued player is £675) 

Because they're worth pretty much nothing.  Pretty obvious really.  In the early days of the game, the league is low rep (and the players too as a follow on) and the country is a backwater.  The games are also set to one of the lower rungs for game importance I believe.  Why do you think the values should be higher?  Given every team is amateur, player value is pretty much irrelevant anyway given they can leave for free at the drop of a hat.

Values will improve as the leagues do.  By the time I reached the end of a save in Gibraltar, I could sell players for tens of millions, but you're always going to be seen as a less attractive league given you're improving so quickly. 

First, the quality (reputation) and ranking (for UEFA competitions) of your league is going to factor in heavily. Second, well the database in FM gives rough values for a lot of countries to have somewhat realistic player transfer values. It's the reason why certain countries tend to sell their players for a lot of money (Ukraine, Croatia, somewhat Russia or English young players). And that isn't something you can do much about it unless you edit it before starting a save; but then the values would be unrealistic at the beginning of your save.

Much like TV money, if you play for long enough and the other clubs in your league perform well enough to crack the Top 5 of European reputation rankings, your transfer values and TV money will stay pretty low because the database says so. While aiming for realism, this system doesn't account for the possibility of a player to raise significantly the reputation of a country/league/team and can indeed possibly end up providing rather unrealistic player values on the very long term. It's similar to Youth Rating being set in stone.

Edited by BMNJohn

3 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

First, the quality (reputation) and ranking (for UEFA competitions) of your league is going to factor in heavily. Second, well the database in FM gives rough values for a lot of countries to have somewhat realistic player transfer values. It's the reason why certain countries tend to sell their players for a lot of money (Ukraine, Croatia, somewhat Russia or English young players). And that isn't something you can do much about it unless you edit it before starting a save; but then the values would be unrealistic at the beginning of your save.

Much like TV money, if you play for long enough and the other clubs in your league perform well enough to crack the Top 5 of European reputation rankings, your transfer values and TV money will stay pretty low because the database says so. While aiming for realism, this system doesn't account for the possibility of a player to raise significantly the reputation of a country/league/team and can indeed possibly end up providing rather unrealistic player values on the very long term. It's similar to Youth Rating being set in stone.

Not true, especially in Gibraltar's case.  TV money goes mental on a long enough time-scale, although general consensus is that that's a bug.  Prize money also jumps massively.  Player values will also rise pretty much in line with the rep of the leagues.  It will never compete directly with the bigger leagues, however.  If you're ranked one place higher than the English leagues, the database will still see base values higher in England than in Gibraltar, but to see they always stay pretty low is just plain wrong.

TqI5PiX.png

VF6UrGc.png

7WEnx2u.png(Important to note that I could have got far more for Nesic, but after he lost us a Champions League Quarter Final by getting sent off for two consecutive dives, I forced through a transfer the next day)

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Not true, especially in Gibraltar's case.  TV money goes mental on a long enough time-scale, although general consensus is that that's a bug.  Prize money also jumps massively.  Player values will also rise pretty much in line with the rep of the leagues.  It will never compete directly with the bigger leagues, however.  If you're ranked one place higher than the English leagues, the database will still see base values higher in England than in Gibraltar, but to see they always stay pretty low is just plain wrong.

TqI5PiX.png

VF6UrGc.png

7WEnx2u.png(Important to note that I could have got far more for Nesic, but after he lost us a Champions League Quarter Final by getting sent off for two consecutive dives, I forced through a transfer the next day)

Forgot about Gibraltar's TV money being somewhat linked to England's TV values. Although I didn't say it doesn't increase at all. But to be more precise, a simple look inside the Editor under the Transfer Values for each nation will give you an idea of why it doesn't reach the egregious amount of money you can see nowadays in smaller countries (Gilbraltar being an extremely notable exception in terms of TV money). The game just doesn't allow it to happen. It's not really a bug, it's just not very progressive.

Edited by BMNJohn

Yes, transfer values are linked to the editor "transfer values" menu for each leagues Unless you bump that up before you start a new game all the transfer values will be in the range set by the editor no matter how many sucessful your team is.

should be more dynamic in my opinion

On 22/05/2017 at 00:25, forameuss said:

Não é verdade, especialmente no caso de Gibraltar. O dinheiro da TV é mental em uma escala de tempo suficientemente longa, embora o consenso geral seja que isso é um erro. O dinheiro do prêmio também salta massivamente. Os valores dos jogadores também aumentarão em linha com o representante das ligas. Jamais competirá diretamente com as maiores ligas, no entanto. Se você for classificado como um lugar maior do que as ligas inglesas, o banco de dados ainda verá valores de base mais altos na Inglaterra do que em Gibraltar, mas ver que eles sempre ficam muito baixos é simplesmente errado.

TqI5PiX.png

VF6UrGc.png

Wow ... This TV money is without any edition in the SI BD?
I did not know that this money could reach such high values.

Il 22/5/2017 in 09:56 , andu1 ha scritto:

Yes, transfer values are linked to the editor "transfer values" menu for each leagues Unless you bump that up before you start a new game all the transfer values will be in the range set by the editor no matter how many sucessful your team is.

should be more dynamic in my opinion

Aren't those values guidelines for the "average value" that can be somewhat overridden when league and clubs' reputation increase dramatically due to overachieving?

Or at least it used to happen when the db field for a specific CA bracket was empty by default. E.g. if the 150-180 range wasn't set, as it was not applicable, for a small nation, the game would automatically adjust the value according to other factors. While a 120 player will still rarely be worth more than the original value (1-3M I guess?)

Edited by RBKalle