Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
crestofadave

Increase player value - CL Final

Recommended Posts

Quick question, third season and in the Champions League final with Atletico Madrid. In the summer I'll be selling Yannick Carrasco (he's actually transfer listed by request). He's a great player but I don't play with wingers anymore so he has 11 starts this season, all out of position.

Last summer I turned down a 56 million offer from Man City, and obviously would like to get as close back to that as possible. 

I remember reading years ago that if you have a player in your match squad for a CL Final win then the reputation boost can be a huge help with value. Is this (still) true? Does he have to actually play or is the bench okay? Does it have any effect if I lose?

Its been a successful season with a league title win, Spanish cup final (haven't played yet) and the CL final to come so I am hoping reputations are already growing but Atletico transfer budgets are never really impressive so this Carrasco sale would make up the bulk of what I have to spend in summer.

Any advice (even other than the CL Final question) is grateful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think you will already struggle to get anywhere near that last offer if he is transfer listed. i struggle to get near a players value if im actively trying to sell him

if you are having a good season, then rep will naturally increase, more so for the people playing though. i would suggest starting him in games you know you can afford to let him play out of position as this will keep have a better chance of increasing value than sitting on the bench in a final.

all your players values will increase a bit if you win cl final, due to your club rep going up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

i think you will already struggle to get anywhere near that last offer if he is transfer listed. i struggle to get near a players value if im actively trying to sell him

if you are having a good season, then rep will naturally increase, more so for the people playing though. i would suggest starting him in games you know you can afford to let him play out of position as this will keep have a better chance of increasing value than sitting on the bench in a final.

all your players values will increase a bit if you win cl final, due to your club rep going up

Ya I definitely know I'm not getting up there, but I'm not actively trying to sell. Won't be offering him around. Hoping if club rep and his rep are high and get a few big hitters in there I can still get some decent money (but might be dreaming!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crestofadave said:

Ya I definitely know I'm not getting up there, but I'm not actively trying to sell. Won't be offering him around. Hoping if club rep and his rep are high and get a few big hitters in there I can still get some decent money (but might be dreaming!)

 

If he is already transfer listed by request then you will not get more than his value. You will be lucky to get his value. His value will be lower already because he has requested to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No point value is high but demand is low. For Example, ever since winning CL and EPL, ELneny cost more than 30million pounds, whenin truth his real value is 15-25million at most. My Assman is listing him automatically at 45million, no demand. I put him down to 30million still no demand. Clearly shows BOT are quiet smart in ACTUAL value vs marked up. I think this has been improved in recent FM versions, back then I remmber selling **** players for 2-3x their actual cost due to this loophole. 

To confirm this, Ozil value jumped to almsot 60ish million from 40 million, and I manage to sell him at 110million pounds to Madrid, which shows that its possible to sell a player 2x their CURRENT value as long as there is a demand, keep in mind that ONLY 1 club, Madrid, was ready to pay 100million+ for Ozil. If i had offered at60 milion, i am sure the offer would be more than 1 club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some players who've actually played in the CL final are considered useless and worthless.

Roque Junior won it one season (even being a sort of hero inasmuch as he limped about the pitch with an obviously glaring injury) and found himself loaned out to no-money Leeds the next (where he couldn't get in the team despite Leeds being desperately short of players and in the process of being relegated) before being offloaded on a free transfer.

I think Liverpool actually released Biscan on a freebie shortly after he sat on the bench in Istanbul.

If SI ever had specific rules about CL final squads boosting player value, they shouldn't have done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

If SI ever had specific rules about CL final squads boosting player value, they shouldn't have done...

i think there probably has to be a reputation boost for a player winning a competition. if you try and then decide it by playing time, rating, goals etc it would over complicate things and have people complaining that certain players didnt improve as much as they thought they should. end of the day, being in the final of the biggest domestic game should improve reputation whatever you do, win or lose

10 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

I think Liverpool actually released Biscan on a freebie shortly after he sat on the bench in Istanbul.

 

yes, although he had one good season he had been there for 5 years. sometimes players need to be cut if they arent going to play enough to warrant there wages, doesnt mean he didnt deserve recognition for being there. if you go back and watch the european games to get there, he was amazing with his runs from midfield. if he hadnt of had such a good competition and left the year before i dont think he would of got another contract anywhere else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...