Expanding the MLS

will221996

hello, i want to expand the mls in fm. Instead of only Atlanta and Minnesota joining the league in 2017 i am adding teams from hawaii, miami , la and new york cosmos. i know @Uncle Sam made a mls databse with 24 teams last year but i am running into problems. Teams have been added for next year to the mls, i have made the league have 26 teams and given each conference 26 teams. What am i missing?

8 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

so i removed New York Casmos and put in my home town however it put me in the west instead of east would that make any effect or no?

You have to place Saint-Louis or Minnesota in the East. If you does not know how to make it, I shall make it for you (give me the information) ;)

I just want Hamilton in the east and then I can edit the rest of the stuff in the pre game editor.. I even tried to create my Hamilton team and swap them with St. Louis like u said and i tstill puts my club in the West. The reason why i wanted to replace New York Cosmos is because there is already 2 other New York Teams..

3 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I just want Hamilton in the east and then I can edit the rest of the stuff in the pre game editor.. I even tried to create my Hamilton team and swap them with St. Louis like u said and i tstill puts my club in the West. The reason why i wanted to replace New York Cosmos is because there is already 2 other New York Teams..

Hamilton Canada ?

33 minutes ago, niceman14 said:

Here is your file ! Academy is also created ! But, you have to do some stuff (name,stadium, coulors,...) ;) 

For the Amway, I can creat it, but it will be for the next week ;)

HAMILTON MLS_94C75A7A-3D98-49E9-BA33-98E2A807F0F4.fmf

Thats fine i can do all of the naming stuff.. Sure if you want to do that up to u my main focus is to improve Canada and make it one of the top countries for developing players through my academy and such... Thanks again

Just a minor question.. for my academy i have it set as a Feeder Team for our club and i have first option to buy check off and such but when i go to sing a player from my academy i get a message of Hamilton SC can only sign domestic youth players once drafted. So i have to wait for my youth squad team to be drafted in MLS before i can sign them?

On 22/05/2017 at 18:34, niceman14 said:

I've made an MLS with 32 clubs... Are you interested  ? 

Great effort niceman14, this took me days to learn how to get that far with 28 teams.

However....when I tested yours, it has the same issues I had with mine.

* A few of the new clubs will only have a roster of 10 players for the season because of the AI. You could attempt to allow these clubs an expansion draft in the 2017 season but that is full of bugs when the expansion draft comes in. And then they will be given allocation funds, but that's full of bugs too, so it keep doubling and doubling every time you check!

* For some reason Youth Academies are not recognised as part of the MLS rules for your new clubs neither. You cannot sign a youth player... they will simply enter the draft and join other teams so makes it very difficult to manage an expanded club from the start. (I did try to play mine by leaving the in game editor on and doing the transfers manually... but it would not recognise they were 'homegrown' and they are hit by the salary cap)

* There's also no way to allow allocation funds given to any newly created team. (Nice touch on Cincinnati who i found incredibly hard to put into the Eastern conference without swapping them and Sacramento in the pre game editor) but all new sides have $0 money available from the league.

So it does work, just not 100% perfect. 

Now for a rant about FM17....I'm hoping that someone might read it and make the changes in the game for the better! 

I've given up trying to play the MLS on FM17. I wanted to keep those unique rules like drafts, salary caps, designated players etc but there's no way to manipulate the data base and add expanded teams without any issues like above. 

Even playing FM17 without any editor, the AI by FM17 is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, it's simply the WORST LEAGUE in the game for realism. Look what Atlanta have done in real life....this just cannot happen on FM17 with the AI! 

Every team in the MLS gets worse in FM17 over the next few seasons, and of course the league gets worse as a result....when in reality the league is getting stronger.

The wages are not a reflection of what happens in real life. Take a look at Joao Pedro's wages in real life vs the game. Or Guzan at Atlanta. FM17 even made a mistake by placing Josef Martinez at the wrong Atlanta!!....instead of playing in the MLS, he's in the Argentine 3rd league?!?! No excuses SI games. This is mind blowingly poor.

They've even left the expansion draft on for the new clubs in the update, despite the fact they already transferred the players from the real life expansion draft....so Atlanta & Minnesota have two expansion drafts? Come on....this is basic.

Its a shame because in my opinion, having played Football Manager from the very start in 1994....the MLS is one of the best leagues in the world for competition...but the programmers cannot be bothered to with some basics. It's a real shame for anyone in North America who buys the game. 

I'd be tempted to take off the official logo when you load the game up...you've done a poor job SI games! 

• 2 weeks later...

so i got my Canadian team in MLS with the side bar academy and such but i had to replace one of the new expansion teams. My question is when it comes to putting in the logo do i use the ID # from the home tab or the squad page

Archived