German B team promotion

Not asking more answering. You google search about getting your German second team promoted to the 3rd division and you never get a conclusion to the thread. Bear in mind I'm playing Fm16 though I'm sure Fm17 is the same.

So basically I had a whole day of two sick kids needing my assistance so playing FM was off the menu. But a mega reloading session was a possibility. I wanted to see if I could get Hertha II promoted to use for my youth players.

I lost count but after over 100 reloads on season changeover day there they were. Shiny and promoted. I was also watching which other teams were promoted along the way.

It's certain promotion is based  purely on reputation from the unplayable league with those higher having the random chance of promotion weighted in their favour. Nothing else you do will assist your B team in their promotion efforts.

Any B team which starts in the 4th tier in the game can be promoted. I saw Nurnberg II and 1860? Munich II promoted despite the main teams being in the 2nd tier. Only once each mind in over 100 attempts. 

Is it worth it? For some reason you can't control training of players in the B team after they get promoted. I got around it by adding a holiday manager to take over the team giving me access.

But then problem two. I was under the impression players in the B team shared not just facilities but the first team coaches too. It says so when they are in the unplayable league that this is the case. But after I created the holiday manager it seems the B team had no coaches which had to be acquired.

Again I get around this by having my players I want playing B games in the third tier in the first team squad and available to play for the second team.

Also Hertha II in their wisdom began building a 10,000 seater stadium upon promotion putting themselves into serious debt with high repayments. To fit in with the 3rd division requirements I'm guessing. 

If you don't mind all of this then worth a try. Someone else will have to tell you what FM17 is like for these small annoyances. 

Tschuss! 

I once got hired by Bayern II in FM17 to play the 3. FuBballliga, and B teams -or at least Bayern II- don't share coaches with the first team. Also B teams finances are the same of the first team, so the one indebted for the stadium there should be Hertha as a whole, the B team is not independent (at least in FM17), and you as its manager are never judged by the board for the club's economical situation. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 14:46, wearesporting said:

So basically I had a whole day of two sick kids needing my assistance so playing FM was off the menu. But a mega reloading session was a possibility. I wanted to see if I could get Hertha II promoted to use for my youth players.

I lost count but after over 100 reloads on season changeover day there they were. Shiny and promoted. I was also watching which other teams were promoted along the way.

I've considered doing this to get Skeid 2 promoted and I'm just curious at what point did you need to reload from?  Just before the new schedule is made up? (I think it often shows some sort of screen with a page of scores and whatnot).

I think that is the day after you get a season report (overachievers, underachievers, best and worst signing of the season etc.) for your nation.

But if your B team was "too low" at the start of the game then it can't be done which is really annoying.

• 2 months later...

I know I'm a bit late but it's the day before the season summary screen. When you see that you've moved onto the next season. Usually get a message 7 days earlier that new fixtures are coming out then. On fm16 at least anyway. So save the day before it happens.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 12:13, wearesporting said:

I know I'm a bit late but it's the day before the season summary screen. When you see that you've moved onto the next season. Usually get a message 7 days earlier that new fixtures are coming out then. On fm16 at least anyway. So save the day before it happens.

Well I'm a bit late in replying to THIS one so it's all good lol.

I'm in a new game, managing Wolfsberg so it's a bit more applicable to me.

I think I know the day you're describing. I'm in midseason right now and will follow up later with a confirmation. But off the cuff I imagine it's when the league table is reset and no longer shows the previous team's results?

As a follow up for reference point, after doing some loading the point where this happens is here:

image.thumb.png.a1394d984171c9c801e8563e69d3fb47.png

I've not yet gotten MY team promoted but I did see Bayern II and Inglostadt II at one point.  Curious how long it'll take. I might tweak my B team's reputation haha

On 4/21/2018 at 03:02, alanschu14 said:

As a follow up for reference point, after doing some loading the point where this happens is here:

image.thumb.png.a1394d984171c9c801e8563e69d3fb47.png

I've not yet gotten MY team promoted but I did see Bayern II and Inglostadt II at one point.  Curious how long it'll take. I might tweak my B team's reputation haha

I never had it work, and had to add the additional league which became available...somehow? Not initially. I think I added a database midsave but I don't know if that's possible. It's a shame tho its clearly a bug. Barca B finished first 5-6 years running and never promoted.

I tweaked my reputation so it was a bit higher than the common ones, and it did eventually happen. I could tell it was the right point because I was getting a slight mix of teams that were coming into 3. Liga.

It took maybe 20 or so tries, and I did notice that there's some wonkiness (and I buggered up making the save to report the bug) with budgets that seems to happen as a result.  My transfer budget shot down to 11M and so did Bayern's (Bayern II was also promoted). Also my "this month" finances were all blanked to $0. I think the game was in some sort of state where it was treating my finances as though I was a new team in the third division. I think my balance was tweaked too as I still had a lot of money but it was definitely less. I wish I had before/after saves now for sure.

It's nothing that can't be fixed with the IGE so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Archived