WOF 3421 Knap FM17.3.1

I am going to start a new long term save with this as a base tactic. I play as my boyhood team,Chelsea, and for me it's a must that I have a realistic tactic. This tactic mimic Conte's tactic quite well. I don't find enjoyment and can't immerse myself into a game without realism. 

Thanks for this!

Anders, Sweden

1 minute ago, knap said:

I think it was 3 pts more with Spurs than Goodbye. WOF is probably better for top sides and Goodbye for underdogs.

What's your reasoning between the two team shapes you have chosen? Why flexible? Curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎19‎日 at 18:04, knap said:

I think it was 3 pts more with Spurs than Goodbye. WOF is probably better for top sides and Goodbye for underdogs.

Hi Knap, I am new to FM, may I know what does top sides and underdogs mean?

Top Dogs are the say top 5 sides in league Man City etc

Sub top next 5 or so Lpool etc

Underdogs the rest

Tactic are independently tested  over a minimum of 180 games with teams set up to represent the top middle or bottom of leagues, so adds another layer of information about a tactic.

My results use real teams so have more variables than in a testing league.

• 4 weeks later...

Without sliders there is no knowing  what TIs actually change within the program. The tactics are based on results rather than trying to interpret the vagaries of the tactic system. Also the tactics tend to be built from TIs with added PIs so it is possible that some TIs become superfluous to the tactic. 

8 hours ago, knap said:

No, avoid assistant adviices at all costs.

Try counter and see if that helps.

I tried counter in a lot of away games against big team of my championship but it's definitely doesn't work.

3 hours ago, knap said:

If you want to send me your game I will have a look to see if there is a problem

Sorry i can't send you pics but i can tell you that i dont control games l'île usually ans my players are les effective and lose more balls. And also in defense they are less effective than usually.

( All of that in away games against big teams)

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

whats your ideas behind mentality and team shape ? im focusing more on flexible, as opposed to something like very fluid ?

I use a standard mentality with flexible.

I use a results based system and the tactics also get tested over 180 games. These tests show GOODBYE 3430 (Very Fluid counter) is the best underdog tactic and WOF 3430 (flexible standard) as the best sub top. 

You can use this to create an attacking tactic and a defensive tactic rather than just sticking with a fixed format.

I play with Spurs standard squad, so for me a 3421 makes sense as based on how they play. As 3430 is a slightly better system, Kane can be retrained as an SS.

However, I also like to play Marcus Edwards so I also have a 4231 narrow tactic, a 4231 wide tactic and 451.

I am happy to chop and change, and I do this with Ebbsfleet in LL, to make sure all works at lower levels,

I am therefore very flexible on how tactics go together.

If specifically  looking at a 352 then have a look at RAW SIENNA 352.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2017 at 19:42, knap said:

I don't usually have anyone on posts as they never seam to do anything worthwhile.

I have noticed this, shots going in on the posts with the player standing there rooted to the ground.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived