Base database or 17.3?

Which database do you play?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which database do you play?

• Base FM17
    • Both

Curious about which database (Summer/Winter) people play with on their games?

I generally tend to play on the latest update because it's more 'correct' and players have had stats/positions updated. However I'm not sure if the updated transfers are a good thing or not, as it's weird seeing some players who have just changed club twice without playing a game (if they moved Summer and Winter) and a lot more loans seem to be locked down in 17.3 which may or may not make it harder for lower teams.

At the moment I'm seesawing a bit between a more accurate player database and a better 'start of season' feel. Interested to hear what others do and why.

That's fair. I'm leaning more towards the latest database because at least the players are updated. I know it's simulating from the start of the season and that they could turn out a similar way if they enjoy the same first half to the campaign but it just feels more accurate. Like more data has helped narrow them down further. If it was only the transfers that changed I'd probably be more inclined to go from the start of the season.

It'd probably be less of an issue if I could turn off first transfer window on Touch rather than condensing 3 into 1.

I tend to stay on the default data base. I just can't start a first season (July) save with players already in the team that actually won't join untill 6-7 months later. And since you get the same "fixes" to bugs, the UI, the m.e. etc whether you choose the new data base or not, it's a pretty simple choice for me. If I want to use the new data base, I'll also start the save in February, to make it as true to real life as possible. In that case, I will just holiday unemployed untill the start of the next season.

There's no right or wrong here, to each their own.

Archived