Transforming a club (Realism)

Lloyd1729

I feel football manager has lacked massively is the emphasis of your achievement in transforming a club. For an example if you got Hartlepool to the Premier League within 3-4 seasons on a tight budget I feel the game doesn't empathise how well a job you have done and goes under the radar. They could improve this by press conferences questions, players wanting to play for you due to the excitement of the club progressing. In the life players see projects which managers undertake such as Aitor Karanka at Middlesbrough when he was the manager. Victor Valdes, Negredo were excited by the manager ambition of the club and they wanted to be apart of it. 

SI need to improve the realism of achievement for a club. If Burton got to the premier league and pushed on to Europe the world would go Burton crazy. However the game is almost like meh so what? 

I agree to an extent. Some massive achievements are congratulated with a spreadsheet like text. More needs to happen. Not all the time, just depending on club type, achievement reached etc. But yes, this area needs another look at

Addition: When joining a new club, I am sick and tired of the same message: "A relatively unknown Greek manager" etc etc. This has been the same for over 7-8 years. This is what I mean by the game is stagnating. No effort is made to change many things.  Same boring old texts. Come on SI. 

On 16/05/2017 at 16:37, Lloyd1729 said:

I feel football manager has lacked massively is the emphasis of your achievement in transforming a club. For an example if you got Hartlepool to the Premier League within 3-4 seasons on a tight budget I feel the game doesn't empathise how well a job you have done and goes under the radar. They could improve this by press conferences questions, players wanting to play for you due to the excitement of the club progressing. In the life players see projects which managers undertake such as Aitor Karanka at Middlesbrough when he was the manager. Victor Valdes, Negredo were excited by the manager ambition of the club and they wanted to be apart of it. 

SI need to improve the realism of achievement for a club. If Burton got to the premier league and pushed on to Europe the world would go Burton crazy. However the game is almost like meh so what? 

Manager reputation already affects whether players sign for you or not - If a player likes you or your rep is greater than the clubs you'll generally get a line of text when signing the player that he joined because he wants to work with you.

Also not really sure if the world would care if Burton made it to the Prem - nobody really cared when the likes of Swansea and Wigan made it, nor was their much fuss about the likes of Blackpool, Burnley or even now Brighton.

21 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Also not really sure if the world would care if Burton made it to the Prem - nobody really cared when the likes of Swansea and Wigan made it, nor was their much fuss about the likes of Blackpool, Burnley or even now Brighton.

But have you seen the size of Burton?! The population there is hardly enough to even form a home grown XI :lol:

The excitement would be local rather than international. So yeah.

Although I would like to see some improvements in this area, for example I am playing a Gib challenge (improve the football in the country). I have been at Cannons for 20 seasons, and we are now regular winners which means we are in the CL every season. We have made it into the group stages 4 times, and gone through to the knockout twice. Now that would be cause for some hoopla being made. Especially since we've beaten the likes of Man U (twice), Inter, Juventus, in a knockout PSG (who had won it two seasons before, although we did lose heavily away from home).

Honestly though, not sure how they could make it a worthwhile improvement.

• 6 months later...

Archived