Sports Interactive Community

When looking at your teams report and looking at your teams strengths and weaknesses how do you improve your teams weaknesses?  For example: I am playing Real Salt Lake and one of my teams weaknesses is work rate.  My team does not work hard enough together or collectively?  How would you strengthen that?

3 minutes ago, Ute1972 said:

How would you strengthen that?

By buying players with a better "Work Rate" attribute, than the ones you currently have...

But really, if your main players don't have a bad "Work Rate" attribute, don't do anything, because the "Team Comparison" takes into consideration all of your players (if I am not mistaken).
So, if your winger or a sub striker lacks in work rate, you shouldn't worry too much.

Although, your long term goal should be to strengthen your team in every area....

So building your teams weaknesses is not going to be a quick thing?

42 minutes ago, Ute1972 said:

So building your teams weaknesses is not going to be a quick thing?

Unless you have the money to buy better players now, then not...
Training doesn't offer too much of a progress towards the Work Rate attribute.

Look, don't worry too much about the team comparison. It's just there to give you a basic idea of "where's your team currently standing".
If you have a player in a key area (such as DMC, MC) and he has a good Work Rate attribute, you shouldn't worry too much about the rest of your lads.

But, generally speaking, it's better if you have players with a good Work Rate attribute in every area. Combined with Stamina, Team Work and Determination (of course there are more attributes to consider, such as the hidden ones for example).
Work Rate is one of the important attributes to consider, because a player with a higher Work Rate will...work harder for the team!

Importance of Work Rate within your team (in that order):
1-DMC, MC
2-DC, DR/L
3-AMC, AMR/L
4-ST
5-GK

(Of course, the importance changes a little if you use a different formation, like the 3-5-2)

Edited by FmPeace

Thanks for the help.  My two DMCS who are also co captains both have good work rates as well as some of my other main players. I just wanted to know if that affected a teams overall performance but you have cleared it up. 

Lower work rate can also affect your   tactic of course... just like all attributes. 

Its there as a comparison against other teams in the league so you should at least consider it when setting up your tactic. I wouldn't ignore it.

Im using Jorgen Klopps 4-3-3 tactic and before every match my assistant coach always recommends a 4-4-2 so I am wondering if the team I have is best suited for a 4-4-2 rather then Jorgen Klopps 4-3-3?

On 5/14/2017 at 06:25, Ute1972 said:

Im using Jorgen Klopps 4-3-3 tactic and before every match my assistant coach always recommends a 4-4-2 so I am wondering if the team I have is best suited for a 4-4-2 rather then Jorgen Klopps 4-3-3?

What's your assistant's favourite formation? Most likely it's 4-4-2 which is why he'll be pushing you to change to it

Yes my assistants favorite formation is a 4-4-2 .  He recommends it for every match.  Does that mean I should scrap all other formations and go to the 4-4-2?

No no. Keep playing with the tactics you like. The "assistant manager recommendations" feature is 90% useless, it needs a massive overhaul.
You play direct football, he says "Our passing is shocking and we are just gifting possession. We should try to retain possession". You do that and after 5' he says "we should try more long balls forward"....

Disregard his advice...

Edited by ilkork