WOF 3430 Knap FM17.3.1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Knap!

Not been on this is years, but your Oxford 104pts tactic is the best I've ever used from back in 2008!

whats the best tactic you have made for this FM as I'm thinking of getting FM17?

• 3 weeks later...

Tactic in OP,

The underdog teams are about standard of Everton, but in a league including top clubs like Barcelona. They would be ranked about 17th in that League.

Giving this a go with my Southampton team season 1.  Any suggestions on attacking mid's and shadow strikers I could bring into the club? and any other signings in general that work well with this tactic that would be open to sighning for southampton? thanks in advance. :)

Loving this tactic, won every match so far with the original - not tried the counter! I have a very good team in 2027 but normally lose and draw the odd match here at there, not with this!  Only slight problem I have is that I have the best out and out striker on the game, I have retrained him to shadow striker but out of the front 3 he is the only one not scoring in the right hand side spot.  Does the right hand side shadow striker score less or is my guy just not suitable?  Also with the left and right shadow strikers do you think they would be more effective if the left side was right footed and the right side left footed? Cheers.

Been using this tactic with Sampdoria now for 4,5 seasons and it's working like a charm. Especially using he counter version in difficult games.

Playing with a lot of youth players and italian talents this season.

CL_Samp.JPG

SA_Samp.JPG

5 hours ago, Arpha said:

Been using this tactic with Sampdoria now for 4,5 seasons and it's working like a charm. Especially using he counter version in difficult games.

Playing with a lot of youth players and italian talents this season.

CL_Samp.JPG

SA_Samp.JPG

Did you win away in hard games with 3430 counter ?

This tactic is incredible!  I made a few tweaks -  set it to counter and gave both shadow strikers "Roam from Position" - i found they scored a lot more with this!  I've got a really good team and I won champ league, league and cup last year but this season using this tactic I destroyed pretty much everyone.  Man City were my bogey team - they knocked me out the champ league and were my only defeat in the league all season.

comp.png

goals.png

• 4 weeks later...

What is the difference between this tactic and Goodbye?

I am plaing with Goodbye 3421 (counter) and it's doing very well in certain games, especially in the Champions League. In the Scottish League (I am Celtic) I sometimes struggle. They seem to counter attack me when they score their goals.

If you had to choose - Goodbye og WOF - with or without striker?

And mentality. Counter or standard?

mvh

Alexander

Celtic would be a top dog in league but underdog in CL.

WOF is more top dog GOODBYE underdog - without striker is usually better.

Counter with both tends to be preferred and even defensive against park the bus.

Just mentality changes. SUS is then contain and sometimes defensive and DL pushed right up can work.

I have played a few games with Celtic and easily beat Real Madrid using GOODBYE.

I usually set TIs up before PIs and then the tactics are driven by results, and if results are better with both TI and PI then I go with both. 

Just won the Bundesliga with RB Leipzig. Lost the first game 3-1 away to Bayern and had 3-3-1 after first seven games. Finished the season with 84 points, 13 ahead of Bayern and Dortmund. Sold for £70m during january transfer window (Forsberg, Demme, Poulsen), got Philipp from Dortmund and Jedvaj and Asensio on loan, plus Badstuber on free.

So the WOF strikerless was sensational for me, and played some amazing football.

With the same system I lost in second round of ECL against Juventus (unlucky 2-1 loss at home and lost 3-0 away, although they can thank Buffon for not conceding more over two legs).

So no question really :-)

Nearly all my tactics this year have been tested over at least 180 games and sometimes on another testing league for another 170 games (lucky for me I don't do any of this testing.). Hopefully, given a little bit of time they should come good and at times, even in LL, the football is good.

Just started an Arsenal save and results looking good. Won 5, drew 0 and lost 0, including a 3 -0 win of Liverpool, 1 - 0 win at Manchester United.

I am more of a plug and play manager so thanks a lot Knap!!

Thank you for this...

I started using this tactic around the Christmas of my Toulouse save (first season) I had been doing ok with the 3421 version but the opposition had started to find me out.  WOF has absolutely demolished everything in front of it!!  Walked away with League and Cup Double first season.  No signings and sold a couple of fringe players.  Won the final 15 matches of the season (including putting 7 past Lyon)

As suggested, I simply used it plug and play.  Team and match training left to AM and I set the individual training to the players relevant position.  No Opposition Instructions.

I am hoping to keep it going into season two with a couple of signings.  Wont be much though, the board have only given me £4.75m, so I bet the Champions  League are bricking it!

Fantastic work Knap!

Thanks again

Mike

Archived