Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
tomtjh90

Lazio or AC Milan

Hey guys lost a bit of passion for FM of late an fancied starting a new career in Italy, Had a look at various squads, Parma seemed to long  a slog for me, Inter's team looked to strong and have always been an AC Milan fan since the 90's but there team is obviously pretty poor apart from the obvious youngsters but lacks balance in the squad, the other team I liked the look of was Lazio, They had a really good squad with some good potential players as well as players with a good CA but room for improvement and actually not as much as Milan. 

Wondered if anyone has played as these teams? what they were like, recommendations etc.

( I usually start with 1st window budgets suspended also. )

Lazio are predicted to finish 7th or 8th and Milan 5th but am confident of at least a top 4 finish 1st season with each either way

Milans squad isn't actually that bad in game. Bacca, Suso, Sosa, Bonnaventura, Gustavo Gomez are all good players.

Then you have all the young Italian players.

Edited by iMan

2 minutes ago, iMan said:

Milans squad isn't actually that bad in game. Bacca, Suso, Sosa, Bonnaventura, Gustavo Gomez are all good players.

Then you have all the young Italian players.

Yeah Gustavo Gomez looks awesome, Realistically though the rest you wouldn't keep long term but you do have Donna (No doubt he will get unhappy after a year though and Romagnoli, Locatelli & Calabria have potential long term 

I played a Milan game before the January transfer updates came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Managed to win the league in season 1.

I really enjoy developing home nation players in my game so was great to have Donnarumma, Romangoli, Calabria, Locatelli etc.

Lazio without a doubt. Good all round squad, some very good young players to bring through.

played with both.

with Lazio you can have instant success and you don't need such a major overhaul compare to Milan.

with Milan, you have more work to do. the squad seems good but you have insane contracts with many ageing players to get rid of.

i'm still playing with Milan though and its my 4th season. 

however i gave up my Lazio career after 2 consecutive league titles, it became boring too soon. 

Edited by CapaJr

My most succesfull career in the last 3 football managers was with AC Milan on FM17 It was a while ago before the updates. I got through some massive injuries In the first seasons and ended up 2nd (about 15 points behind Juve though), as mentioned the squad will need an overhaul Donnarmuma and Romagnoli are great youngsters from the get go and by the third season Llamas, Calabria and Locatelli are outstanding, Gomez is a very CB too I sold him before season 4 which was probably an error.

One big downer Is you have to get through the first season without Niang  (unless he has a recall clause In his loan move to Watford) who was probably my key attacking player On the RW with Bacca up front of course who Is just an animal. On the plus side there Is no europe In the first season If memory serves keeping your limited squad fresh. I finished 2nd (15 points behind Juve), and the squad you start with is more capable then It looks Lapadula for example Is a great striker. In my 4 seasons I finsihed top once, 2nd three times and won the CL and I can assure you I'm no FM expert.

Edited by Kingkestrel