Good players who were rubbish is real life

I remember a couple of players in some of the earlier CMs who were decent in the game but didn't do much as players in real life. Paul and Oliver Collyer were their names. Always a must signing, but whatever happened to them? ;)

There was another Ferrah Orosco or something like that on a very early cm at cambridge along with the collyer brothers they were all makers of the game too if memory serves correct

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was another Ferrah Orosco or something like that on a very early cm at cambridge along with the collyer brothers they were all makers of the game too if memory serves correct

thats it, I was sitting thinking to myself last night that there was another superstar at cambridge after that post. Thanks you just stopped me going mad thinking about it :D

Orri freyer Oskarsson was fantastic on CM03/04, in any league against any opposition. Doubt he was such a world beater in real life though.

Stefan Moore was outstanding, also on CM03/04. Where is he now......?

So too; Lewis Buxton, Cherno Samba

Eddie Johnson is unbelievably good on FM07. He was awful for Fulham, and I saw him play for Derby irl this season against my beloved Sheff United... and he was sh*te.

I also agree, that Freddy Adu is far better on the game than he is irl.

He's on about Matthias Asper I think

nah kalqvist sounds about right - asper was at aik solna but he applies too

just remembered, what about mika aaritalo on fm08 - was awesome and last i saw of him was scoring against lisburn distilerry in the inter-toto

Daniel Bierofka on FM 05. Villa signed him and he was immense. I've still never heard of him!

Fernando Cavenaghi, FM 05 again. Kept Van Nistelrooy out of my Man Utd team, he only cost £5m.

Clint Hill CM 01/02. I signed him for Chelsea and he was a part of my Champions League winning squad.

thats it, I was sitting thinking to myself last night that there was another superstar at cambridge after that post. Thanks you just stopped me going mad thinking about it :D

Ferrah Orosco was a DRC from Trinidad and the cheaper of the two. About 1.5m. Englishman Mark Collis being the other (AMC or M/FC) who was about 3.3m.

One of my challenges used to be taking control of Cambridge and seeing how long I could hold onto them.

Oh and it was CM94 EOS update I think that they were in. My memory isn't what it was. Hell my memory isn't what a Fruit-flies is.

VB

I can remember a player in CM Spain edition (late 90's) called Sandro. He was a midfielder. I can always remember his stats were absolutely outrageous.........I am talking 15+ for everything with about 8 20's. Can anyone else remember him. Wish I could get a screenshot. Never heard of him IRL

Other players I can remember from old editions were Ivica Mornar in CM2 or CM3. Croatioan Striker who used to blam them in on the game but was a big lumbering baffoon IRL. I am sure he signed for someone in England but didn't last - Portsmouth I think

Jonas Lunden I can remember being awesome in early games but again can't find that he left much of an impact IRL

I would have to say I don't think Bogdan Stancu is as good IRL as he is in FM08. Absolute legend in the game.

Also in FM08 I would hazard a guess that half of the Argentinian Players in the game aren't what they are IRL. There are some unbelievable players to be had who are definately not that good IRL. Best thing is in the game you can get them for less than 100k.

Porarinn Kristjansson. I signed him on a free transfer in CM03/04 (I believe) when I played a game as Nottingham Forest. Got him half way through my 1st season and he was amazing. He just scored for fun and helped me secure the title with ease and with it promotion to the EPL. Next season he was again amazing as he continued to score goals for fun and I almost won the title thanks to his goals. I made a late push but it was too little too late.

Then in 2005 he signed for Aberdeen IRL. I was like "Cool, I'll get to see my CM legend in the flesh". Needless to say he was rubbish, one of the worst strikers I've ever seen.

Supat Rungratsamee - The young Portsmouth player on CM03/04, since then he has dissapeared.

Sanli Tuncay -

Cherno Samba - He could single-handedly win games on CM03/04 but IRL he was recently released from Plymouth

Helder Postiga - Top goalscorer in the Premiership on CM03/04 but remember his real Premiership form?

Mbuelo Mabizela - Good Centre-back on CM03/04, now plays in South Africa

D Sychev, Leo Lima, George McCartney, Glen Loovens (now plying his trade in the championship), Brede Hangeland - believe it or not, they were some of my double CL winners for Ajax many many versions ago... no chance in real life...!!! Mind you had Van Persie, Robben, Van Bommell and a bunch of brazilians like Diego and Jussie on the team...

Archived