Player potential & performance

isidor

This is something that bothers me most about FM. 

value of the player should depend on their performance, not solely on potential. I see players who play less than 10 games for their team, with an average of under 6.70, and they get sold for millions and millions of pounds. Other players get sold for 2-5m pounds, even though their performance that season was over a 7.20. It's true that potential does play a role in the transfermarket (i.e. Martial to Utd) but I think performance matters just as much if not more. 

Another thing that should change depending on performance is player potential. if a players potential and current ability are 132, but that player has been putting in great performance on the pitch, I think that his current ability and potential should go up. & for players with the same potential but with 6.40 avg performance, the potential & current ability should go down. I think this would make the game a lot more realistic.

Performances do impact transfer worth of a player by increasing/decreasing how much a club will spend on a player.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this for a few years, although I think in the end it'll be a beast to implement correctly. 

Basically, CA/PA would only be at the start. From then on out, it's how players perform. At the end of the season, the players are basically regenerated based on the season they had. It would need to look at their teammates, and how the team did as a whole. As I said, a beast to implement.

• 6 months later...

Archived