Help with my Everon tactic

So this is my tactic and results.As you can see I lost or draw almost every away match.

Also,at home I am not too good.Results are fine but performances poor.

Lukaku is awful,scored only two goals.

Another problem is that almost all my goals has come from wing back crosses to Mirallas/Bolasie/Deulofeu(Wingers)

Defence is also poor.

I also use Tackle Harder and Mark Tighter on CF,Wingers,CM,AP,BWM.And get forward for Barkley.

Need help,how can I improve this home tactic a bit,and make/tweak it to away as well.

Tactics_  Overview.png

Tactics_  Overview-2.png

Schedule_  Senior Matches.png

I haven't played 4-1-2-2-1 in this version of FM at all so I can't be sure but there are several things that leap out at me.

1. Lukaku has no support at all and is on an attack duty so he going to get massively isolated so its not wonder he is doing poorly
  2. Your inside forward and AP-a are going to be moving into much the same space and have a good chance of getting in each others way
  3. You are playing a very high line, are your defenders fast enough to cope?
  4. Your telling your players to retain possession and run at defence, two fairly contradictory instructions (Read Cleon's Art of Possession thread)
  5. You are playing on control which is a mentality that has a fairly high line, width and tempo already, yet you are increasing them yet further, are your players good enough to cope?  Add to that higher tempo and retain possession are fairly contradictory.

Like I said before I haven't used your formation in ages so I am not 100% sure how I'd fix the identified issues but a few things you can try are:

1. If you want to play a possession game read Cleon's Art of Possession thread for the team instructions to use.
  2. If on the other hand you want to pay a high tempo attacking game read Cleon's Art of Attacking football thread for the team instructions to use in that
  3. Give Lukaku a support role ideally CF-s or DF-s to get him closer to his team mates
  4. Give your IF an attack duty so Lukaku has some support and the wing back behind him a support duty so you don't get butchered defensively
  5. That might get the IF further forward out of the AP-a's way but if it doesn't swap the central midfielders sides

I hope this helps but if not I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the formation you are using will be able to provide better info.

Edit: I just noticed all the pictures in Cleon's Art of Possession and Attacking are now broken (though you can still get the instructions in the possession thread), hopefully there is still enough there for you to get the gist on the attacking one.

I will consider removing look for overlap. Your fullbacks are already doing it with their role and duty. If I'm not wrong, the TI will also make the wide midfielders reduce their mentality and forward runs, maybe that why they will be alot slower to support your isolated striker. Yes, a lone striker is probably better with a support duty role.

With 2 attacking wingbacks, the DM should be someone who will sit rather going chasing after the ball. This will likely leave your 2 CBs exposed.

@adisbegic10

What kind of style are you after? That's the first question I would ask myself as of right now I feel like you just clicked some TI's and hoped for the best.

Few things to look out for in your role allocation;

• Playing with a single striker generally works better when using a support duty
  • When using a defensive midfielder, you want this player to protect your defenders and a BWM is more of a predator so he will be chasing the ball and leave space in front of defense. A role that sits more in front of defense would be more appropriate I think...
  • You're using two very attacking WB's who will leave lots of space behind them when they move forward. This is just a personal preference, but when using a winger you don't need a FB/WB to overlap as the winger will stay on the wings anyways. Not sure how good he still is, but Baines is obviously aging a bit, something to look out for as well. Is he still able to pull of the very attacking WB role?
  • As mentioned above as well, at the moment you don't really have anyone running from midfield. You have different options here, for example, CM (A) or BBm (S)

I'm not sure what your plan is?

You have two WB-A and use look for overlap which tells your IF-S and W-S to hold up the ball but then tell them to work ball into box?  What type of chances is Lukaku good at converting?

Why add more dribbling and retain possession?  You have a lot of roles that already dribble, you have lots of forward runners but then you font want them to be played through?

I would keep things simple and get rid of a lot of those TI's and focus on your roles and duties.  Do you want Lukaku roaming, dribbling and playing risky passes often? Who's going to link up with him?  Why have risky attacking wingbacks if you want them to work the ball around in a more possession style?

Just play a few games and see what differences it make. 1 thing I will take note of is if any of your front four(with AP) lose possession easily when they run with the ball. They are roles with that dribbles alot.

Looks better indeed. I would keep my eye on the central midfield, you may be prone to having both fullbacks and both central midfielders out of position. But see how it works out, A tactic does not need to be 100% defensively sound; so long as you are on average creating and scoring more than you opposition, you should win more than you lose.

Archived