I got this message:
B.S._Emeterio_fails_to_adapt.png

If that's the case, why was he "progressing very well with his preferred move training"?

Spoiler

B.S._Emeterio_individual_training-2.png

Info from a day earlier:

Spoiler

B.S._Emeterio_Attributes.pngB.S._Emeterio_Positions.png
B.S._Emeterio_individual_training.png

Is it because he is not familiar with the "Midfielder-Right" and "Attacking Midfielder-Right" positions?

Because I did the same training to a left defender with "Awkward" in both "Midfielder-Left" and "Attacking Midfielder Left" and he succeeded:

Spoiler

A.Figueiredo_Attributes.png

What can I do now?
He has 0 for "Midfielder-Right" and "Attacking Midfielder-Right" positions and Versatility-12.

PPM training can sometimes feel pretty random unfortunately.  You can assign the most suitable coach to a player that you consider to be ideal for a PPM, and the coach could even agree with you that it's a good idea, yet it can still fail.  And you don't get an awful lot of feedback from the game when it does fail.

Whilst I believe it's correct that there should be a chance for failure, there's certainly some room for improvement here in terms of feedback received about ways to improve success and progress reports.

As you had reports that he was "progressing well" prior to failing, that might be worth raising in the bugs forum if you have the time.

@herne79 Thank you for your time sir.

Yeah, unfortunately, one more area that needs improvement :rolleyes:.

But, I kinda feel it was the right thing, because Emeterio was unfamiliar with the positions Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder Right, not even awkward.
I should have known. It may be this. At least "awkward" in all positions in one side, for a player to learn that ppm (in combination with some attributes ofc).

Although, I do have set a PI for him "Run wide with ball" and he kinda makes that move a lot.
I just wanted to be 100% sure he does it all the time. I am gonna try again in the future.

And I doubt it's worth raising it as a bug, waste of time :D.
Even though the same thing happened with my winger. Tried to unlearn the "cuts inside from both wings", was "progressing very well" but failed as well...

PPM training should be done this way:

Each PPM can be assigned to a player, and then when he starts working on it you can see a progress bar, and an estimated time of completion. At which point the move would be learned 100% of the time. For moves that are very complimentary to a player, obviously they will take less time. For moves that are not well suited to a player, they will either take a very long time or will be unable to do them at all. Holidays and injuries would pause the training, and if it's a bad enough injury it could reset the progress totally.

You might say that this is "gamey" but I would argue that how it currently is implemented is gamey in a not-well designed way. Right now it seems that several months later, there's a dice roll and you either fail or succeed. If you fail, the player throws up his hands and gives up, but you can start again from the beginning and it might succeed. Very frustrating.

Had him in one of my saves, pretty solid right back if I remember rightly that I picked up cheaply. Don't remember him having especially good dribbling, probably not really relevant though, cos as most people agreed, it is just pretty random I think.

4 hours ago, Argonaut said:

PPM training should be done this way:

Each PPM can be assigned to a player, and then when he starts working on it you can see a progress bar, and an estimated time of completion. At which point the move would be learned 100% of the time. For moves that are very complimentary to a player, obviously they will take less time. For moves that are not well suited to a player, they will either take a very long time or will be unable to do them at all. Holidays and injuries would pause the training, and if it's a bad enough injury it could reset the progress totally.

You might say that this is "gamey" but I would argue that how it currently is implemented is gamey in a not-well designed way. Right now it seems that several months later, there's a dice roll and you either fail or succeed. If you fail, the player throws up his hands and gives up, but you can start again from the beginning and it might succeed. Very frustrating.

Not a bad suggestion.
Why don't you start a topic in the features section?

2 hours ago, Torskus77 said:

Had him in one of my saves, pretty solid right back if I remember rightly that I picked up cheaply. Don't remember him having especially good dribbling, probably not really relevant though, cos as most people agreed, it is just pretty random I think.

The ss is from FM16 with an edited database.

Archived