things you always do

How many people do the same thing in every load of the game they play? Maybe same backroom staff or the same edits every time?

Just realised looking at my scouts and coaches, I have been using many of the same people for longer than I can remember, going back many years of additions. 

I have also never managed a Liverpool team without Gerrard in it. In first version this year, you could just stop him from retiring, the last edition I had to make him a player again. Have a feeling I will be doing the same thing next year too

As I usually play in foreign leagues, not really but once I get a bit bigger, I always sign 'name' coaches (ie former players). I had a few saves as FC Luzern previously and there was once player I always signed (Jerome Guillemont - excuse the spelling) as he's 17 at the start of the game and got lots of potential. I start a new save (not as FC Luzern) and lo and behold who is their first signing? Yep, Jerome Guillemont.

Depending on who I was would depend on my friendlies as well. For example, when I manage LASK (in the Austrian leagues) I always without fail schedule preseason friendlies with Eferding, Prambachkirchen, SV Grieskirchen and Bad Leonfelden as these are the little towns/villages I worked in when I lived in Linz (where LASK are from). Nice to give them a little cash injection and me a gimme friendly to get the fitness up. I would alternate between home and away every season.

Of course. Every one save I play  goes like I am afraid that I have too low number of alternatives for posts, but it ends up that I have like 3 players for every position.

I hate it but I really do it every season :D

I always end up signing too many youth prospects and free agents I don't really need or who aren't (and will never be) good enough for the first team. Or, by the time they may be ready, our team will have become much stronger.

4 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

I always end up signing too many youth prospects and free agents I don't really need or who aren't (and will never be) good enough for the first team. Or, by the time they may be ready, our team will have become much stronger.

YES! I do this every time!

19 hours ago, RBKalle said:

Or, by the time they may be ready, our team will have become much stronger.

i ALWAYS forget this, i think just 2 or 3 is fine, but by time you've played a few seasons if your team isn't better than your best youth prospect  at start you are probably sacked. and 1 or 2 a year soon builds up with your own regens on top...

Yep, start a new save then.......

- Compare all the players and write them into a notepad in the formation I will play, stating who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice along with their wages, then use that to see where I need players and where I can move some on

- Get a decent assistant 

- Get decent scouts

- Set staff responsibilities 

- Set up shortlists, 'Good players, Good youngsters, Out of contract and Must buys'.  Start placing players I scout into those lists.

:) 

On my lower leauge saves I always try to get Trevor Sinclair or Brede Hangeland as assistant. 

After a few years in the game if I think I'm going to be at a club a while I'll sign as many regens with 4 star potential as a minimum.

3 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Yep, start a new save then.......

- Compare all the players and write them into a notepad in the formation I will play, stating who is 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice along with their wages, then use that to see where I need players and where I can move some on

- Get a decent assistant 

- Get decent scouts

- Set staff responsibilities 

- Set up shortlists, 'Good players, Good youngsters, Out of contract and Must buys'.  Start placing players I scout into those lists.

:) 

i haven't used a note pad for a few years. when i had more time at work it wasn't uncommon to figure out retraining positions for my back ups flipping through it. nowadays its all done on the first day of season instead, so normally takes 20+ hours now

I typically manage in the lower leagues and always sign Terry McPhillips as my assistant. He coached the Everton under 18s but has good stats for a non league ass man in my opinion, and he's never let me down. I always try to sign a guy named Danny Phillips for my midfield as well, works hard and chips in with a few goals each season.

Archived