Sports Interactive Community
Scross

FM 2017 Adding National Teams

Hello,

Im playing FM17 and I cannot  add manager to a national team from asia. Is there any way to add national teams to base or leags or to make base larger?

Kind regards,

Scross

To be able to manage a national team (including U21/U20/U19), there needs to be at least 150 eligible players for that team loaded in your save game.

In order to have a large pool of players to chose from (and by extension a larger pool of national team to potentially manage), I would suggest that when you start a new game, you

a) select a large database, and

b) pick and mix from the various custom database options. You can choose to "force" the game to load up players from a particular nationality, based nation, reputation, division, region etc.

Keep in mind that, the more players loaded in your save game, the more processing time will be required. I'm perfectly happy to have a trade-off of having a larger database than processing speed, but of course it's up to you.

Another option can be adding a custom league file (from Claassen's pack for example), clubs will be filled with players then.

Hello,

Thanks for answers, I'm trying to find solution without starting new game. Why? I am after third season of multiplayer gaming and I want to add new manager to North Korean or other Asian National Team. So there is no way to add extra base settings after game starts?

btw. I know that larger base = slower game but my current notebook is fast enough.

20 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Another option can be adding a custom league file (from Claassen's pack for example), clubs will be filled with players then.

claassen's file only enables the selection of the chosen leagues as playable. Doing so will automatically display the players in the divisions chosen as well as some of those in lower divisions. The same players can be displayed by choosing variations of the custom database options, with the slight speed advantage that fixtures for that country would not need to be generated.

15 hours ago, Scross said:

Hello,

Thanks for answers, I'm trying to find solution without starting new game. Why? I am after third season of multiplayer gaming and I want to add new manager to North Korean or other Asian National Team. So there is no way to add extra base settings after game starts?

btw. I know that larger base = slower game but my current notebook is fast enough.

Once you've started a new game, you cannot edit the starting database settings for obvious reason. If you want to enable the selection of an Asian national team, the best bet is to add an Asian league (or more than one) in the hope that enough players are generated from that country to allow the managing of a national team.

31 minutes ago, Mons said:

claassen's file only enables the selection of the chosen leagues as playable. Doing so will automatically display the players in the divisions chosen as well as some of those in lower divisions. The same players can be displayed by choosing variations of the custom database options, with the slight speed advantage that fixtures for that country would not need to be generated.

Yes, but playable league also means a full youth intake for every club and some extra newgens generated at start of the game, so increasing a national pool.

It's highly unlikely you're going to get 150 North Koreans by loading any stock league.  Current national squad has 2, one of which is in a league you won't be able to load anyway (Japan).  You'll need to start a new game.