Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vignjoslav

PA and CA suggestion

4 posts in this topic

Hi, sorry for my bad English.
My suggestion is that PA is not fixed. We scout some players, and we know already that he will success or he will not. And there for we buy only players that our scouts says, he is god. But what if the progress depends on his training commitment, way of play, crucial games and goals, tutoring and many other things? So, we can buy some young player with 2 or 3 stars maybe, that is approximately PA maybe 100. And if he doing all the things above good, maybe PA could raise for him up to 120 or 130.
Example: I manage Rugby FC in 9 or 10 rank of competition. And i bought young player and he scores in 3 seasons 120+ goals, but he reaches his PA, and nobody wants to buy him. But if PA could raise up to his fixed limits, he can make future progress in higher leagues, or somebody will buy him.
I wnat that when i buy some kids that he is not predestined for success just because he have 4 or 5 stars.
All the best guys.

Your potential can never be more than your potential. Potential is meant to represent the limits of that individual. You can't have more potential 6 months down the line than you had beforehand. 

Jon Walters for example can never have more potential than he has, no matter what happened in his career or who signed him. It may be that he has never fulfilled his actual potential but at a certain point it was impossible for him to ever do that & that is what FM portrays in this way. FM already has structures in place that make reaching PA a lot less likely for a player who only has access to poor facilities and playing at a lower standard. With how the system is designed, even if you designed perfect players mentally with a low CA at age 16 but 200 PA they'd be very unlikely to reach their full potential.

Scouts work on an interpretation of potential, it's not categorically right or wrong and sometimes they can really get it wrong. It is far too easy to work out if a player will be a success or not I feel as well, but that's different from the issue of PA and CA, but rather the insight provided by scout reports. Buy a 5 star potential player with red flags for consistency, professionalism, determination and ambition. The chances of getting that player to be successful are incredibly slim, even with a 200CA. 

If a player scores so many goals in a short space of time though there is likely to be interest, the main issue is that the teams at the level likely to be interested as also teams likely to be unable to afford him. It's not that there's no interest, if you transfer listed him on a free I'm sure there would be some interest. The teams who likely have some money to spend (Tier 4 and above generally speaking) aren't likely to be looking at a player scoring for fun that far down the pyramid as its too big a gap. 

You are right in some of the facts. AI buy players according to his potential. That my player who scores 120 goals has potential, i think maybe 80. Because of that nobody wants to buy him even if his price is 1.6k e. It has never been any interest or something similar.
What if we can sees full potential of young players immediately after scouting? Maybe that is better?

I just want to say that is to easy to find good regens, we can never make mistakes when we choose young players. I want to work hard on scouting players, bringing them to club and at the end, make him a good football player.

46 minutes ago, vignjoslav said:

I just want to say that is to easy to find good regens, we can never make mistakes when we choose young players. I want to work hard on scouting players, bringing them to club and at the end, make him a good football player.

I completely agree. Or another solution can be dastically decrease the average ability of scouts to find the real potential of players and maybe even make the scouting way longer than now.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha