Trying to record fm youtube videos

Hi guys hope your all good

I'm making my first feeble attempts at recording fm videos for youtube. Recording the parts in between matches seems ok but recording the matches is proving a problem as the matches are very choppy and just showing still images. Anyone know what I need to change or improve? PS I'm using OBS to record game footage on a windows 7 laptop is the answer just buy a better laptop?

I would be grateful for any advice you guys could give me or if you know where i could get some help.

P.S if this isn't allowed here I apologise 

When you view the match highlights you can select the 'record button from the top right (first picture).

When you exit the game and you're on the overview page, select upload highlights (top left)

Then you will see all goals by default and any custom highlights you've recorded. You can then change the quality (top left), I'd recommend the top 1080p. Delete any highlights you don't want (also top left) and then either export or automatically upload to YouTube (bottom right)

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 19.59.21.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 20.00.44.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 20.00.52.png

The only disadvantage of using the built in record function is that it only records the pitch, and not the commentary, caption or scoreboard.

However recording the matches with third party software is fairly resource heavy especially if you are recording whilst the game is processing the match. You can recording the highlights after the match has been played when your computer shouldn't be doing any other processing, you could also try turning down some of the graphical settings to get a better framerate when recording. Also depending on what graphics card you have in your laptop you might get a better recording using the capture software included with your graphics card drivers (both nvidia and amd drivers include optional capture software, not sure if intel do aswell).

OneUnited - I did not know that you could record via the game - always learning.

michaelmurrayuk, are you saying that it takes less processing / memory etc. to record match highlights after the game has finished , rather than as you play it?.

ps. do you produce youtube videos?, if so what is your set-up?, thx

sorry for hijack, but just interested.

Whilst you are playing the match the game is calculating your match and all the other matches going on at the time (well technically it calculates your match before you start, but if you make any changes it will recalculate) so your computer will be being taxed. However after the match has finished if you go back and view the highlights you want to record your computer should only be doing the work to show the highlights rather than calculate the rest of the stuff. If you are running in windowed mode you can turn on windows task manager and you can use the performance tab to see how taxed your computer is whilst playing FM. Also depending on the settings of your capture software you can try changing the output codec as some are more resource intense than others, I think loseless/uncompressed should have a low CPU impact but will take up a lot of harddrive space and would need re-encoding before uploading.

For recording FM videos I use the game DVR feature built into Windows 10 as I only make simple vids without me talking or anything like that (and before that the raptr software included with my AMD graphics card) though neither are likely to be any help for you as you are on windows 7.

Archived