Sports Interactive Community

I have just spent 65 million on a Colombian regen, only for him to be ineligible because he is non-eu. The problem is that he is the only non-eu signing I have made in the last two years who is still at the club, the rest have either been sold or loaned out. How can I make him eligible?

Maybe this is a stupid question but have you registered him? The wording on the warning you get when you approach a non EU player says you can only sign x amount per season rather than you can only register that many so if the transfer went through surely you should be able to use him. Well, either that or the warning should be reworded.

can't register him because he is redded out. He is under 21 so doesn't need to be registered but because he is redded out he is still ineligible to play.

2 hours ago, paokara said:

The problem is that he is the only non-eu signing I have made in the last two years who is still at the club, the rest have either been sold or loaned out.

How many non-EU players do you have currently? You mention the ones that you signed in the last two years, but are there any others from before that period still at your club?

Also, when did they leave? The cut-off date is June 30th, that's when the quota for next season is set, so if they were at the club on that date they will count towards your non-EU total.

I'm pretty sure you get a message from the board at the beginning or just before the start of the season, informing you how many the rules allow you to get next season. Can you find that in your inbox?

Has he played any matches for the national team (or U21s if he is under 21)?

If he's the only new one you got and you're not able to register him right now, I'm pretty sure you will only be able to do so after you open up a spot by letting another non-EU player leave to another country (either on loan or transfer).

Edited by eriktous

Yes, it says that a non-eu slot has been freed up. I've loaned out or sold every other non-eu player who wasn't already registered as well as one whose contract expired and was registered, so he is the only non-eu player not registered. He has also won 10 caps for his country scoring 7 times, so that shouldn't be a problem. What am I missing?

4 hours ago, paokara said:

Yes, it says that a non-eu slot has been freed up.

Weird. I don't see any reason then why you can't register this player, although that doesn't necessarily mean that much. I'm not an expert on this and find these rules daunting at times myself. You might want to post this in the bug section of the forum. It is monitored more actively by SI employees and they are usually able to tell you why it isn't working like you expect, after looking at your save.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 01:31, eriktous said:

Weird. I don't see any reason then why you can't register this player, although that doesn't necessarily mean that much. I'm not an expert on this and find these rules daunting at times myself. You might want to post this in the bug section of the forum. It is monitored more actively by SI employees and they are usually able to tell you why it isn't working like you expect, after looking at your save.

thanks for your help anyway mate, much appreciated.

On 4/20/2017 at 16:56, eriktous said:

How many non-EU players do you have currently? You mention the ones that you signed in the last two years, but are there any others from before that period still at your club?

Also, when did they leave? The cut-off date is June 30th, that's when the quota for next season is set, so if they were at the club on that date they will count towards your non-EU total.

I'm pretty sure you get a message from the board at the beginning or just before the start of the season, informing you how many the rules allow you to get next season. Can you find that in your inbox?

Has he played any matches for the national team (or U21s if he is under 21)?

If he's the only new one you got and you're not able to register him right now, I'm pretty sure you will only be able to do so after you open up a spot by letting another non-EU player leave to another country (either on loan or transfer).

you saved me!

Finally it's clicked for me that the non-EU play needs to leave FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY! I kept moving my non-EU players within Italy and wondering why nothing was happening. Sold one abroad and it's all fine. Thanks!!

Apologise for rekindling an old thread. But im having a very similar headache. 

At the end of the season I had 4 non-EU players registered. I sold 2 to juventus at the very end of the season. I then thought I could register a Brazilian I'd signed the previous January and thought it safe to sign another non-EU. But i wasn't given the chance to register either!

I'm still not 100% sure why! I really hate the confusing Italian rules!:seagull:

Edited by Bothan Spy

50 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

Apologise for rekindling an old thread. But im having a very similar headache. 

At the end of the season I had 4 non-EU players registered. I sold 2 to juventus at the very end of the season. I then thought I could register a Brazilian I'd signed the previous January and thought it safe to sign another non-EU. But i wasn't given the chance to register either!

I'm still not 100% sure why! I really hate the confusing Italian rules!:seagull:

Selling to Juve is no good. You have to get them out of Italy.

52 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

Aye. I now know that! Ha ha. Why is it not clear in the game or rules??? What a daft rule!!!:herman:

Haha tbf this ridiculously unclear rule offset having 12 subs and I left Italy after a while, tho in time you start to understand it. Good luck!

im gunna have to flog Talisca before hes even kicked a ball! aaarrrggghhhh! I wondered why juve were so keen to sign my non-EU players for a good price...:mad:

Sorry for bumping this one back up, but I'm having a related issue.

I signed two first team signings with Sassuolo, but instead of freeing up the two non-eu places for them, the game decided to give both spots to two 18yo players.

Gutted as I am, is there any way to change this? Would using the in-game editor have any effect?

It seems like I have to send both first team signings out on loan to keep them remotely happy :/

What do you mean freeing up places?

There's no limit on how many non-eu players you can register for Serie A.
Limit is two non-eu signings from abroad per season.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

What do you mean freeing up places?

There's no limit on how many non-eu players you can register for Serie A.
Limit is two non-eu signings from abroad per season.

I loaned out two registered non-eu players to non-Italian clubs, which gave me two 'free' non-eu places. But both went to youth players who have no chance of playing in my first team yet.

Edited by M0n3y

13 hours ago, M0n3y said:

I loaned out two registered non-eu players to non-Italian clubs, which gave me two 'free' non-eu places. But both went to youth players who have no chance of playing in my first team yet.

Did you sign the young players before you signed the first team players?

Why is the game automatically assigning the non-EU spot to the players of its choosing? I have signed a GK that hasn't played the entirety of last season (due to the non-EU rules) and now, with the new season started, the non-EU spot (that I automatically get every season) has been assigned to a youngster on loan in Africa! He is due to return in November, so I will try and offload him again outside Italy (through a loan), maybe THEN I will be able to register my GK...

Can I swap that player out and choose who I offer the non-EU spot to?

On 13/03/2019 at 10:29, gunner86 said:

Did you sign the young players before you signed the first team players?

Can't remember, but it surely is possible. Is it always the first signed that gets the non-EU spot first when a new one is vacant?

1 hour ago, M0n3y said:

Can't remember, but it surely is possible. Is it always the first signed that gets the non-EU spot first when a new one is vacant?

From memory yes, but I haven't managed in Italy on this version though.

Hate to beat dead horse on this subject. Can someone confirm or clear up my interpretation of the rule?

Is the rule primarily a transfer restriction or a squad registration restriction. In other words I’ve been told I have 2 non-EU slots. Does that mean that I can sign two new non EU players or I can register two non EU players?

in my Roma save, I have Under (under 22) and several potential guys already on loan that are non EU.

will registering Under (after losing under 22 exemption) next year count against one of my two slots?

3 ore fa, s0ni42 ha scritto:

Hate to beat dead horse on this subject. Can someone confirm or clear up my interpretation of the rule?

Is the rule primarily a transfer restriction or a squad registration restriction. In other words I’ve been told I have 2 non-EU slots. Does that mean that I can sign two new non EU players or I can register two non EU players?

in my Roma save, I have Under (under 22) and several potential guys already on loan that are non EU.

will registering Under (after losing under 22 exemption) next year count against one of my two slots?

It's a transfer restriction. Doesn't affect at all squad registration. But they cannot play in any competition until they are "validated" as transfers. The game uses the word registration there too, hence the confusion

1 minuto fa, s0ni42 ha scritto:

Thank you

np. You know, we Italians love to do things the simple way :rolleyes:

When you go to make a bid on someone it does usually highlight if you have a vacant spot or not. Will help with future transfers.

23 hours ago, KF1990 said:

When you go to make a bid on someone it does usually highlight if you have a vacant spot or not. Will help with future transfers.

Only if they fixed it this year?  I'm playing Touch in 19 so Squad registration doesn't matter. But I remember having this problem last year in the full version in Serie A.

IIRC i think it now checks if he meets the requirements. But it's been a while since i was in Serie A, so i can't say for sure

47 minuti fa, Heywood JaBlowme ha scritto:

Only if they fixed it this year?  I'm playing Touch in 19 so Squad registration doesn't matter. But I remember having this problem last year in the full version in Serie A.

@Heywood JaBlowme I never made any signings in my brief Serie A save but I did look at bidding on a couple of South American’s and it did indeed warn me that I wouldn’t be able to register them

On 29/03/2019 at 18:52, Raymond85 said:

np. You know, we Italians love to do things the simple way :rolleyes:

You're always welcome in our simple country called Belgium :rolleyes:

If you have a player that is ineligible but 18. Can he still play for my U20 or U18 until a slot opens up.

future transfer, was expecting to sell a Non-Euro but change of plans. He’s a wonderkid from Columbia, but needs the tutoring (low determination) more than game time. Can he play in Cups?

Would rather keep him here to steer his training than loan out

@s0ni42 On FM18 you couldn't - I got a nEU 18 year old player in January and he didn't even get on the bench for my u18s or u20s, so I can only conclude that its because of the foreign registration thing.

15 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@s0ni42 On FM18 you couldn't - I got a nEU 18 year old player in January and he didn't even get on the bench for my u18s or u20s, so I can only conclude that its because of the foreign registration thing.

Friendlies?

1 hour ago, s0ni42 said:

Friendlies?

Dunno, try it out and let me know