FMT 2017 - Work Permit

Hello everyone!

I have had a long break with Football Manager and decided to make a comeback with Football Manager Touch 2017. Until now, I really enjoy my career but I have a single question. Brexit has become a reality in my save and I have just signed two Brazilian players on a free transfers. However, both of them needs a work permit. Now, I know that I can loan them out and hope that they will get a European citizenship but I was thinking about something else.

These two players are really close to get on the Brazil national first team. If I loan them out to a club (EU or non-EU) and they get on the Brazil national first team, will they score points and might be able to get a work permit before they get European citizenship? Or how is the rules - something about 2 years of playing on the national team?

It will depend on what kind of Brexit you had, I got the hard version (woohoo) but the guidelines were laid out for me in an inbox message.  If you still have the game near the Brexit date it may tell you what to expect.  As for WP, Brazillian players would always need them (unless 2nd nationality) and Brexit would mean EU nationals would still need WP so you may not be in any better position by loaning to EU club.  Personally, I would loan them to the best club possible to get first team football, which may allow them to make the Brazil team and perhaps qualify for a WP that way.  Hope that helps

Archived