Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sussex Hammer

Wijnaldum, Ward-Prowse or Sigurðsson?

West Ham at the start of the second season.  Had a decent 6th place finish playing a 4132 formation with a rotated midfield of Noble, Obiang, Lanzini, Nordtveit and Kouyate.  Injuries at times meant I had to use Fernandes who has decent potential or Ayew who did ok but isn't really a central midfielder.

Second season I may also try a 4231 so really need to strengthen the midfield especially considering despite an excellent natural fitness stat of 17 Kouyate also has bizarrely a low stamina of 12 (confusing with high fitness) so quite often is blowing out of his backside late on in games! 

In this save I am looking at seasoned Premier League players so on offer are Wijnaldum, Ward-Prowse and Sigurðsson.  I know there are probably better options abroad but the prices don't seem too bad with these three with Sigurðsson at 8.5 m, Wijnaldum at 14 m and Ward-Prowse at potential price of 16 m.  Have scouted Google and am none the wiser really but I am tempted with getting one or maybe even two of this trio.  My CM three are a CM S, CM A and a BBM so what would others suggest out of these three or would you leave them and hunt abroad for better?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I highly recommend ward prowse, I brought him on my old Man U save, and even though I used him as more of a squad player he was very good, he's a great set peice taker and has all the right attributes.

Great stuff Sedge thanks.  He is English as well so that goes well with possible Brexit I guess.  Might go with Sigurðsson as well as whilst Nordtveit is steady he isn't top class and Noble is getting older.

If I'm not mistaken, Sigurdsson is quite athletic and very well rounded so could possibly be well suited to al if the roles? And he is of course the cheapest. I have Ward-Prowse in my Saints save and he doesn't seem to score a lot despite playing as an attacking no.10.

Yeah I been screaming actually for Bilic to buy Sigurðsson IRL to be honest and I think he would be a great addition.  However after looking closely in FM I am a little worried about some of his stats.  Dribbling, Passing, Composure, Decisions, Agility and Pace are all quite low so just not sure.  Have gone through with the Ward Prowse transfer anyway.

Sig.thumb.jpg.6c913a551bb55d6b7f7aa0278e2f9f3f.jpg

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I just finished 1st season with Suuthampton. I used Ward-Prowse as a backup in CM and RB, and he preform average. The only good think in this player is hes nationality and possible selling price (sold him for 61mln E) . Hes lacking bravery, work rate, and physically attributes that makes him poor midfielder and also poor defender. 

What do you think about Lewis Cook, who should be transfer listed after 1st season?

Edited by yau