[FM17] If you think you're too small to make a difference you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito

Benjoe

YOUTH INTAKE 2016!

soccer_africa.jpg.a9c77066ea42ed1989e0fcaecc547f51.jpg

I've been anticipating this day highly and finally it's arrived. I had no idea when it would happen as I didn't find where to set any of these setting, and I have no idea what youth rating we have or anything, I just remember that our "Football importance" or whatever it's called in the editor is "Completely Useless" So I have little to no expectations! :lol: 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A kid is just a grown up, who haven't yet had their dreams crushed

472b2a2a2e29a74f769b508fe21c399b.png

1b214d93d296402b6b467440cca1f993.png

Well. A bit boring, no? Some good PA's apparently but since we are amateur in status we can't really train them so don't know what i matters. The stats on the guys are what really matters though. So I will look at them and see what we have here. Sifiso looks interesting though, and apparently our highest PA regen is a 'Professional' - we'll get that kicked out of him soon enough! No spineless pricks tho, however a slack person got in. 

Just now, BoxToBox said:

At this level, it must be all about what they can do now. Picking up a 3 star ability guy is nice!

Exactly. I'm looking at stats atm. and I do believe a couple of them can be relevant to our first team straight away. Sadly I have to leave in a few seconds, so I'll have to leave a cliffhanger for tomorrow :( I'm a bad blogger..

Oh. Also this guy I just spotted.

12618e9066b2f7f0f2b2e8a57ae21a36.png

There's a lot to like here. Pace, jumping reach, finishing, flair, aggression. Okay, there's nothing more than that really but it's relevant things to be good at and I've seen worse perform really well for us. 

Also, just before I leave, special thanks to whoever rated my thread 5*! Greatly appreciated. :)

For that I give this gif of a frog getting scratches juuuuust the good places, 'cus that's how I feel when getting that rating. 

L6B3P.gif

Edit: Okay, I have no clue how the rating system works. Is it not something you rate? Is it the equivalent of reputations for posts in the thread or how? 

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

So many Dlaminis.

Also how fitting that your 3 star player is unambitious.

Hahaha, I've got so used to it now that I don't even realize :lol:

5 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Sifiso looks quite decent... I suppose. :lol:

Hey! I like him! :lol:

A kid is just a grown up, who haven't yet had their dreams crushed

Nelson and Mumbu walked among the youngsters. Having just watched them training they had already made up their minds. Mumbu went around with a paper block. You'd think he was noting something or reading notes from the training, right? Well, not Mumbu. Mumbu was drawing. And he wasn't good at it. Nelson went around with his hands behind his back like was he a military leader. Suddenly he started yelling one of the kids into the face "SOO! I SEE! I SEE!" The look in the eyes of the kid signaled panic. Fear of death. "..what.. do you see, sir" he mumbled. "WHAT?!" Nelson was furious. "Get back to the pile and leave my sight!" One kid cut from the bunch already, and they had just begun a 4-hour reassessment of the bunch. Poor lads.

When they were finally done only two kids were left. The rest had either been signed for the u19s or sent home crying - in some cases both. Maxwell Sifiso and Phumlane Dlamini were the players still standing. The players with the most obvious talent. Sifiso had proven his worth as he could joggle the ball the most, 56 in a row, and Phumlane was the player who was quickest on the first few meters and could jump very high. Phumlane also had moments on the pitch where he'd do very flairful tricks and often beat his man - not due to having a good technique but rather the defender slipping. 

8f9b900bde8ca621e30e956d3a61fc81.png d3ce34dd2ec0992628d0f0c685cf2ced.png

The following day on of the defenders who got cut decided to approach Nelson and talked Nelson into letting him into the first team despite getting cut. He acted so professionally that Nelson felt he had no choice but to allow it.

1a75ab7ff2c118ab31c57e4d5174f849.png

580d677a59765a83745bc64b4f32c558.png

Following this 30th round anything can really happen. We do our part and hope the Vultures will slow down Umbelebele but Umbelebele defeat the Vultures. This ties us at 2nd with 5 points up to 1st place and 3 points to 4th. This is so close and I do no feel safe in the slightest and I really wish I had made playoffs as so many teams deserve to fight for promotion. We got Eagles (7th), Hub Sundowns (5th) and Siteki Warriors (11th) left. 

I also do feel I owe an apology to Ilovo FC. After seeing them draw 3-3 against Umbelebele earlier this season I decided to offer a contract to their topscorer - who scored a hattrick for them in that exact game - and he decided to accept. Ever since he signed for us Ilovo have just been going downhill. :(

baec831e696bf0d727ccec8bbfdb3bd0.png

Here is Vilakati who is doing solid for us as well!

6dd0420cde079c06080a0a7488789bf2.png

7 goals in 10 games with those stats. Yeah, why not.

April 17th 2016

New contract offered.

3518cccc13934cc8c583d72c57011b75.png

Mhlambanyatsi Rovers turn Professional.

3afc8e969809dd79dffdc2260806cf8f.png

£6.348k p/w allowed despite only profitting £14.739k this season...

452d179ff56563da7e9a3dfaef0e2327.png

I guess I should be happy? 

I mean, new contract is fine, we might clinch promotion and I feel good with the Rovers. Turning pro makes us able to hold our players as they can't just change to other clubs, so we can avoid our best prospects getting stolen like we stole Vilakati (again, I'm sorry Ilovo) but I fear this could also cost us a lot of money considering our low cash flow. Never been with a team who were amateurs who then turned pro so I could be completely wrong and that this was the best thing that could happened. After all, now we should be able to train properly and get familiar with our tactics. 

But does Nelson agree, that extending would be the best thing for his career? Could he sell his ****** products at a higher rate for a different club? Or does the professional status here at Rovers tempt him more? 

No matter how beautiful and well crafted a coffin might look, it will not make anyone wish for death

Swaziland.thumb.jpg.6faab8c5638bae74d20577081cf845bb.jpg

Nelson stepped into the makeshift office and looked at his broken table. Mumbu still hadn’t fixed it. Nelson never asked him to do so, but Nelson still expected it to happen. Why else have personal assistant?

As he sat in his white plastic chair it broke under his behind and annoyed he fell to the ground. Here he saw an envelope. It’d been opened already and inside was a paper that read:

“Hi Boss.

Uhm. The board, peoples, persons, erh yeah well they wanted to sign you to a new contract and said something about going pro. Dunno what that means, but I told them sure. Hope your happy. Bye Boss. See you in a minute.

Xoxo Mumbu”

Nelson crumbled the paper in his hand at threw it at the door.

No matter how beautiful and well crafted a coffin might look, it will not make anyone wish for death

Nelson didn't talk to Mumbu after he'd knocked and entered the office. Nelson was angry. Why did he just tell them yes? Why didn't he do what an assistant was supposed to do and talk to the person he was assisting? Stupid Mumbu. STUPID. 

Nelson left the office and Mumbu followed him and occasionally let out a soft "Boss?" but was ignored every time. Nelson was fuming with anger. They had probably offered 0 money still, and Mumbu had just gladly accepted it, on behalf of Nelson. Yeah, well, he'd tell them otherwise!

Nelson knocked on the door to the boards office, he didn't wait for answer and just entered closing the door just quickly enough to keep Mumbu out. Mumbu could just stare through the glass door as Nelson stood in front of the board. Nelson smiled sadistically. 

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Nelson keeps torturing Mumbu, but to be fair, he deserves it...sometimes

Does turning professional also mean more income?

Mumbu is an unfortunate soul. 

I have no idea, would imagine we get sponsorships soonish.

23 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

How did you turn pro with such little money in the bank? I thought you needed like £2M.

I have no idea. I looked at ither teams in the league, iirc all teams in the lower division turned pro, but none did in the premier league. Im confused. Probably Mumbu's fault.

5 hours ago, Benjoe said:

After seeing them draw 3-3 against Umbelebele earlier this season I decided to offer a contract to their topscorer - who scored a hattrick for them in that exact game - and he decided to accept. Ever since he signed for us Ilovo have just been going downhill. :(

baec831e696bf0d727ccec8bbfdb3bd0.png

98141a987c5ce8252c4bac6bbc36c457.gif

You're the Bayern of the Swazi second tier. Ruthless.

Well Nelson is a business man. A ruthless one, taking no prisoners. He will use you for his gain and then dispose you. All those kids who made fun of him for being overweight and grey haired will pay in due time.

59 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

98141a987c5ce8252c4bac6bbc36c457.gif

You're the Bayern of the Swazi second tier. Ruthless.

And proud of it!

34 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Well Nelson is a business man. A ruthless one, taking no prisoners. He will use you for his gain and then dispose you. All those kids who made fun of him for being overweight and grey haired will pay in due time.

Well, some might say Mumbu is a prisoner, Nelson himself would say acquaintance. 

They will pay the iron price! Wait, wrong reference.

15 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

The only surprise is feeling sorry for Ilovo.....

14 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

I noticed that. Nelson Mandela Jr, having a heart?

Nelson doesnt feel sorry at all! I, however can imagine their pain, but Nelson is laughing every time he looks at the league table "W*nkers! :lol:" he says

8 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

You have a screenshot of Dlamini in twice! Nice surprise of turning pro aswell. Now the players get to spend more time with Nelson!

Which one of em!? But thanks for telling, will fix it sometime!.

Everybody loses when that happens. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

You have a screenshot of Dlamini in twice! Nice surprise of turning pro aswell. Now the players get to spend more time with Nelson!

i noticed that as well but I assumed it was the work of incompetent Mumbu and I didn't want Nelson to torture him any more

3 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

i noticed that as well but I assumed it was the work of incompetent Mumbu and I didn't want Nelson to torture him any more

Nelson will hear of this. MUMBU SHALL PAY

Seconds after entering Nelson flipped a table with nothing on it, just for the statement. He went to the big table where the board was sitting and slammed his hands down on it. The pain from the slam was enormous but he didn't want to scream. 

He let out a big sigh just moments before he started talking.

"I heard that Mumbu accepted the deal you offered but unless you give me a solid offer I'm not agreeing to anything!" 

The board looked at each other until one man broke the silence. 

"What are your demands?"

Nelson felt like a Bond Villain, 'what are your demands'? Amazing feeling. 

"Well! I want salary. A lot of it too! I want, no I demand £10 per week! If you can't give me that I'm leaving."

"Sure, you got it," one of the board members passed over a piece of paper for Nelson to sign. After signing it Nelson clutched his hand.

"HA! I would have signed for 5! SUCKERS!

One of the board members calmly replied, "We were going to offer you 150 to start, sooo?"

Nelson’s smile vanished and he left the office with the signed contract in his hand.

“They only offered 10? The Vultures’ manager gets 180 per week.”

“Mumbu. Shut. Up.”

With our sudden professional status - shared by all teams in the lower division but shared by non in the premier league... - we will have decisions to make as to who stays and who goes. Who will get paid, who will we keep on amateur contracts. My priority is to keep the biggest talents and most important players on a low salary and then have as many amateurs along as possible. I don't want to drown our economy so we will have to be careful. 

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nelson doesn't play much poker, does he? :lol:

5 hours ago, kidthekid said:

For a business man he sure hasn't mastered the art of negotiation.

Nelson is a fairly flamboyant man and use extreme negotiation methods - they are very much a case of hit or die in a fire, impressively often the latter.

Also no, he doesn't like poker - unless it's strip poker ;) although most people will refuse to play as he is horrendous and usually finds himself naked after 2 minutes - and at that point all opponents have left the place. No one wants to see that. 

In a dark, dingy backroom in the shadows of Swaziland Nelson sits ready with his cards. 

He holds 2-7 offsuit. The worst hand in poker. The sensible thing to do is to fold it and cut your losses. Nelson takes a sip of his brown water and stares into the eyes of Mumbu. Mumbu's level of anxiety grows for every second. Sweat is dripping from his forehand down to his bare chest. Drop after drop. 

"Aye, much pressure, eh boys?" David Moeys wets his lips with a maniacal look in they eyes. 

Nelson, still starring at Mumbu suddenly feels brave. "I go all in." Moyes bites his lower lips and tries but fails to contain his perverse smile. 

Mumbu breaks under pressure and folds throwing his cards into orbit. King-Ace both of hearts. Mumbu gets up and walks to the door.

"Ey, white boy! I ain't dun with ye. Sit down 'gain son." 

Mumbu looks to Nelson for support but Nelson evades eye contact and Mumbu returns to his seat covering his chest with his arms. Moyes blinks to Mumbu. 

"Well, Moeysy boy. What you got?" 

Moyes looks at his hand and turns the cards. Two aces, that with the rest of the cards deal adds up to a full house. Two Kings, Three Aces.

Nelson haven't realized how bad the situation is as he gets up from his chair and turns his cards - only wearing his tighty whities. "Feeling loosy-goosy, Gaffer?"

Phil Jagielka comes tumbling through one of the paper thin walls. "Was I too late?" he asks naked to the bone.

"Were just getting started" Moyes responds as he giggles...

@ManUtd1

2 Games left of the season

9b6900e4b8a832a6a5d4bd68eb11f630.png fad6d461a9c883ffe646e13667bc7c85.png

We are fighting for promotion and it's going to be close. We've edged out Eleven Men and Hub Sundowns but Umbelebele is still just narrowly ahead. They will have to drop points in their last games and we have to be ruthless. The Vultures are already up so we can only fight for that second place really. 

He that beats the drum for the mad man to dance is no better than the mad man himself

Nelson's men needed a win, and they needed Umbelebele to drop points. Nelson enjoyed more luck here than he did at poker night with Moyes. 

69fc409f6d9412ab03f82042b7c13056.png

b5d1120a65d95e70419782fea8537d30.png

e9f84d98c75b912aa92484312ae3cbdc.png

We're in for it! Last game is against Siteki Warriors. Umbelebele got Hhohho Hornets. Anything can happen. 

Archived