In the EPL: Total sponsorship income of € 375k?!? Really?!?

Story is short. Started a game with WOlves, who have no sponsorship income other than their € 375k kit sponsorship.
That alone is probably off the reality by a few millions. Pretty sure they have more than onse sponsor and pretty sure a kit sponsorship in the Championship at a decent club is worth more.

Won promotion in year 1 as champions, also finished runner-up in the FA Cup.

Upon promotion to the EPL, no single change happened to the sponsorship roster. No increase, no new sponsor. Now playing in the EPL with this as sponsorhip income. I simply cannot imagine that any club would make less than € 20million at this level.

Finally, in October, we got a second sponsor who adds another 44k p.a. to our income.

This is so way off that I'm actually just wondering why I'm not posting this in the bugs forum in the first place. So please feel free to move.

Aside wanting this to be fixed befoire FM18 comes out, I'd love to have some explanation how figures like this can happen.

It looks like Wolves signed a three year shirt deal this year, so presumably you will get a new, more lucrative deal once that expires.

As for amounts, this list seems to have Premier league clubs earning as little as £1m from shirt deals. So perhaps in a couple of years time you would expect to get something like that?

Thank you for this list.

I have to say that I am very surprised about the figures. Working in the football business myself I am used to much higher revenues in my country (Germany). Here, second division clubs have an average total of sponsorship revenues of exactly € 10 million p.a. (just checked this again).

Therefore even assuming that the shirt sponsorship would be accurate and even if I would assume that the English second division would only have 20% of the sponsoring income which the German second division has, then still a figure of € 2 million pü.a. should be the average - and I would expect Wolves to be around or just above such average.
I think it is furthermore pretty obvious that this is not the single and only sponsor of the club. A single look to one of their games will reveal various additional sponsors on all stages of the ladder.

Finally, while a sponsorship contract may not include an improvement for such case (what a case of bad management would that be though?), it would be entirely inconceivable that no company would sponsor the SBC champion and FA-Cup runner-up in the EPL, where worldwide recognition and perception is guaranteed.

That sounds good, but I would really like anybody to admit/confirm, that the club should have more sponsorship deals than just 1 in the first place.

And that, outside of running contracts, no club will ever have a sponsorship total of 440k p.a. in the EPL.

29 minutes ago, jayahr said:

That sounds good, but I would really like anybody to admit/confirm, that the club should have more sponsorship deals than just 1 in the first place.

The data forum would be the best place for that, perhaps you could ask the Wolves researcher where he got his figures from?

Looks like Wolves signed a new kit sponsor this season that will last for three seasons, which is why your club hasn't signed a new kit sponsor, also outside of the top five the kit sponsorship in the Premier League is fairly low - the bottom half all earn less than £5m, with the bottom teams on £1m only the top teams get more than £20m, pretty much all of the Premier League money comes from the TV deal unless you are one of the top four. I'm also sure there was some news at the start of the season (or last season) about one of the newly promoted clubs struggling to find a sponsor.

Though as dafuge has said as long as you stay in the Premier League your board will slowly start to increase the sponsorship amount (depending on the ability of your board), and if you feel the starting amount is wrong then the data forum is the best to raise the issue.

Archived