-Ironhide-

How To Master Football Manager Mobile

11 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This guide is not the 100% correct way to play FMM because no way is 100% correct. Problems can be solved by sending me screenshots.

Football Manager Mobile is a great version of the game which you can play on the go or when your other devices are not available. However, Football Manager Mobile is different to its counterparts in its skills are not easily transferable from the original version. This guide will show you an interesting way on how to take the game.

Team Management and Starting Off

I have decided to start as Real Madrid, because they have a great squad and they are easily adaptable to new things. At the start of the game, you are given a Team Report. Follow this report , no matter what it says. This will help you to build your team around or off these players.

58ed6a30e7500_HowtomasterFootballManagerMobile(1).thumb.png.088268e2a46cb133fb788f050dd4c7f8.png

It says my strongest players are Ramos, Bale and Benzema, and they think I should look for an attacker to replace Mariano. Using vague knowledge of Real Madrid, I have decided that none of the targets identified are sufficient for the role I want a player to fulfill. Therefore I sell Benzema to Arsenal for £79 million.

To fill the role left by Benzema, I want a player to link Bale and Ronaldo together, whilst scoring goals himself. This player will need excellent Creativity, Movement, Stamina, Shooting and Teamwork. So I search for this player in the Player Search option. This returns the likes of Jack Wilshere, Dele Alli and others. Two pages of players available. So I narrow the search down, allowing the lowest attribute of the required to be 16 and the highest (Movement) 19. Remarkably, only one player is returned. Alexis Sanchez.

----

It is up to you how you decide to plug holes or build on top of what you have. I decided to spend £135 million on Alexis Sanchez to bring him to the Bernabeu. Might seem overpriced but (take my word for it) he scored a hat-trick on his debut in the Super Cup and is in form since.

So the lesson learned from this transfer is that you must buy players with your head and not what you think you want. Find real life issues and weaknesses (Not many people like Benzema - he isn't held in the same regard as Bale & Ronaldo), and find someone better. However, doing that is not enough. You must deploy them in the right role in your tactic.

----

Tactical Lesson soon

How to master Football Manager Mobile.png

Roles and Mentality

In Football Manager, you can pick a variety of roles for your players to perform their duties  effectively for your tactic. This is the same in FMM but to lesser extent. The player roles are split into three mentalities. Attacking, Balanced (Or Standard, or Support) and Defensive. In order for a balanced tactic you should be aimed to have a 3:4:3 ratio, not including goalkeeper. 3 attacking and defensive and 4 support. For attacking you should have 5:3:2 and for defensive 2:4:3. These ratios are formed by the roles you choose.

Attacking Roles:

Inside Forward, Advanced Forward, Poacher, Advanced Playmaker, Complete Forward, Trequartista and Wing Back.

Support Roles: 

Central Midfielder in Midfield Strata, Winger, Ball Playing Defender, Target Man, Defensive Forward, Ball Winning Midfielder and Deep Lying Forward

Defensive Roles:

Full Back, Central Defender, Defensive Winger, Deep Lying Playmaker, Central Midfielder in Defensive Midfield Strata.

If there is more attacking roles than support and defensive roles, then set your team Mentality to Attacking.

Same for balanced (Support) and defensive.

Tactics will come later in depth.

A nice idea but too black and white. You cannot say a 343 is how to master the game as if a team has great wing backs you're wasting them.  To master the game a player should be adapting their strengths not being told what to do because it has worked for you a few times.

23 minutes ago, Declan Barry said:

A nice idea but too black and white. You cannot say a 343 is how to master the game as if a team has great wing backs you're wasting them.  To master the game a player should be adapting their strengths not being told what to do because it has worked for you a few times.

I don't actually mean a 343 formation. I mean 3 attacking players : as in their roles which I highlighted in the last bit of the post. Any tactic can win as long as you have that balance.

6 hours ago, -Ironhide- said:

I don't actually mean a 343 formation. I mean 3 attacking players : as in their roles which I highlighted in the last bit of the post. Any tactic can win as long as you have that balance.

I disagree. I've seen people using big teams sucessfully use 4 or even 5 attacking roles. The key isn't having X players, it is about understanding what roles work well together and how players can compare to the opposition.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Declan Barry said:

I disagree. I've seen people using big teams sucessfully use 4 or even 5 attacking roles. The key isn't having X players, it is about understanding what roles work well together and how players can compare to the opposition.

Exactly but I meant as a solid base that can be efficient in attack and solid in defence.

I don't think I've explained correctly so it causes misunderstanding.

Edited by -Ironhide-

16 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

Exactly but I meant as a solid base that can be efficient in attack and solid in defence.

I don't think I've explained correctly so it causes misunderstanding.

The thing is you could have the following and it is balanced but still has 4 attacking players:

CMF

INF-APM-WNG

What I'm trying to say is you cannot fit everything into a single approach. Even your first bit on coach reports are wrong. Real Madrid should be building on Ronaldo and Kroos more than Benzema - who has a lot of similar quality players available for cheaper.

4 minutes ago, Declan Barry said:

The thing is you could have the following and it is balanced but still has 4 attacking players:

CMF

INF-APM-WNG

What I'm trying to say is you cannot fit everything into a single approach. Even your first bit on coach reports are wrong. Real Madrid should be building on Ronaldo and Kroos more than Benzema - who has a lot of similar quality players available for cheaper.

Ok. What are you trying to achieve by telling me I'm wrong? There is no right way to play football manager and I'd have hoped critics like you and other people on this forum would have realised. There is also no right way to post a thread on this forum without considerable negativity. Of course I know I'm wrong and I accept that, but everything is left to be interpreted in its own way. This is my interpretation and you should respect that. 

On 12/04/2017 at 23:07, -Ironhide- said:

Ok. What are you trying to achieve by telling me I'm wrong? There is no right way to play football manager and I'd have hoped critics like you and other people on this forum would have realised. There is also no right way to post a thread on this forum without considerable negativity. Of course I know I'm wrong and I accept that, but everything is left to be interpreted in its own way. This is my interpretation and you should respect that. 

What I'm saying is you cannot create a topic on "How to Master Football Manager Mobile" and then post very closed ways of managing that don't teach anyone how to do much apart from use a strict set of rules that only really apply for certain instances and even those you listed are full of inaccuracies and wouldn't get the best out of your current team - which is what the game is about.

By all means I encourage you to share your tips and guides but not by using such a defining thing. I see you've amended the first post to clarify some things - which does help, but I think if you are aiming to teach beginners you need to actually teach not say "do this". I've done many FMM guides over the past 10 years on the community and for me a guide should be a rough base. If you give someone a set up they will still be where they were in the next few careers as all they know is how but not why.

I'm not criticising you for the sake of it by the way, I'm trying to aid you in creating something that will be of use to newbies and not see a lot of throwback questions due to the aforementioned issues. I applaud you for taking the initiative and time to post something to try and help others.

For reference this is a beginners tactic guide on my site https://vibe.community/forums/topic/39167-tactics-guide-for-newbies/

It's a good attempt at writing a guide, well presented, but the focus is too narrow. You can't frame it as "how to master" the game but then entirely focus on playing as Real Madrid and signing players for £100M+, as that is not dealing with the basics of the game.

Just some constructive criticism for you. 

theres no one way of playing football honestly and this guide should be rebranded as how to play top tiers without caring about debt and budget. its irrelevant to those that play fiscally responsible games.