Been promoted with Southampton.

A True Fan

First season I got promoted from the Championship and now I'm looking for new players for the Premiership. I've found lot's of players who I think are good enough but my scouts and assistant manager disagree with me. So can you reccomend any players? Looking for players in all positions. I have £6m to spend.

With only that small amount to spend start looking in Scotland for players, they'll rarely turn into anything more than good premiership players but they'll be able to do a job and keep you up. Andrew Driver, Simon Ferry, Steven Fletcher and the like.

Goalkeepers - Enyeama - £1m. Steve Manadana - Loan

Defenders - Jonny Evans - Loan. Ferderico Fazio - £3m

Midfielders - Luis Jimenez - £2m. Rene Mihelic - £250k.

Strikers - Bogdan Stancu - £1m.

Both keepers are already joining other clubs. Jonny Evans has left United. I've. Jimenez is now worth £3.5m. Mihelic has joined Palermo and Stancu has joined Preston.

Ok. :) Erm... Well if you can sell a few players etc.

Goalkeeper - Ustari - £4m

Defender - Christopher Samba - £2m

Midfielder - Diego Buononatte - £200k

Striker - Gregory Thil - £1m.

Also, look at the clubs that have been relegated from the EPL into the Championship. Some bargains can be found. :thup::)

Jimenez may be worth £3.5 million but can be bought for around £2.5 million. Try to loan in Lansbury from Arsenal and check their reserves as they usually have a few players worth loaning in. Randall, Song, Nordveidt, Rhys Murphy or Barazite ar eall worth a go on loan. Even Walcott might be available but not sure if he would join you. Check out Walter Garcia the CB he is a wicked player for cheap as is Nasuti as long as they havent moved clubs yet. Stancu would also be worth a look. Rafael Forster has a 425k release and is a solid player, Scott Cuthbert on loan could be worth it aswell.

Victor Moses ain't so great in my FM08 game. Got him on loan for Gillingham. Scored about 3 or 4 goals in about 15 games. Admittedly, he was scoring a few more goals before he got injured and had to return to Palace, but that's not the point. Lewwis Spence and Kieran Lee are good quality players. In my game, Kieran Lee is rated as a good signing for a Premier League side. Also decent players are Michael Lea, Patrick Kalambay (who I got for free after his release from AC Milan), Paul Dalglish, Franck Toye, and for a bit of experience, try getting Ivan Campo. Bolton released him in my game, so I snapped him up. I must also admit that I am currently in the Championship, but am pushing for consecutive promotions, currently only being held by Newcastle and I've beaten Brum.

Taking that into consideration, then, jams, I wouldn't risk getting him then, just in case. The rest of my players listed are quite good though. I might also add that Birmingham want my goalie Simon Royce. Good thing I have a good backup in Fabrice Catherine, though, just in case I have to sell Royce.

Archived