Sports Interactive Community
slimjim66

Won Championship but not promoted.

Hi,

I won the Championship but I was not promoted, instead the 3rd placed team gained automatic promotion instead. I had no message in my inbox to say why or no mention of reason for no promotion so I am very confused.

Can anybody help make sense of this please!

Whilst ground capacity is a real life reason, I am sure that SI have said that it hadnt been coded into the game, so the game will find another way round it.  I suspect that it will be an FFP ruling.

On 08/04/2017 at 23:57, FrazT said:

Whilst ground capacity is a real life reason, I am sure that SI have said that it hadnt been coded into the game, so the game will find another way round it.  I suspect that it will be an FFP ruling.

I think it is in the game. I took Scunthorpe Utd up to PL, by that point we had already extended the stadium from 12k to 15k, the board were refusing more, then I got promoted and it said due to requiring an 18k seater stadium in the PL I'd be playing in Hull for 3/4s of the season while they got it up to scratch.

14 minutes ago, Esco91 said:

I think it is in the game. I took Scunthorpe Utd up to PL, by that point we had already extended the stadium from 12k to 15k, the board were refusing more, then I got promoted and it said due to requiring an 18k seater stadium in the PL I'd be playing in Hull for 3/4s of the season while they got it up to scratch.

Yes  you are correct- what I meant by saying that it wasnt coded was that promotion wouldnt be prevented by not having the ground capacity, the game would still continue and there would be a way round it, like ground sharing while a bigger stadium is prepared.

4 hours ago, HemHat said:

Bournemouth's ground only seats 11k so that 18k figure seems high

In a few peoples saves (mine included) they groundshare with Watford for the 18-19 season while Bournemouth build a new stadium. 

What leauge you in? I've seen in Northern division 1 (level 9) Shildon have won the league back to back and still didn't get promoted and there's no explanation from the game as to why.

9 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

What leauge you in? I've seen in Northern division 1 (level 9) Shildon have won the league back to back and still didn't get promoted and there's no explanation from the game as to why.

That's because for a long time, clubs in the Northern League haven't been promoted to the NPL 1st Division

11 hours ago, cyclops365 said:

That's because for a long time, clubs in the Northern League haven't been promoted to the NPL 1st Division

Oh. I won that division with South Shields on an old save this year and got promoted. How strange.