Sports Interactive Community
knap

RAW SIENNA 3412 Knap 17.3.1

No OI or corner taker and 107 pts is highest pts total but I would use a tactic that gels with your squad

28 minutes ago, knap said:

No OI or corner taker and 107 pts is highest pts total but I would use a tactic that gels with your squad

thank you so much mate, I believe your works. They'are all quality but I can't find your 106 pts tactic. 

Can you send me you best  at 17.3.1 ?

I want to build my squad around your best tactic but I can't decide which one is best .

Edited by Ozan Kara

RAW SIENNA 3511 ATTACK is the 107 pts tactic.

It is very difficult to quantify best as the pts total just indicates potential. The long term testing over 180 games did indicate 3 at back with IWBs tactics are probably the strongest formation,

28 minutes ago, knap said:

RAW SIENNA 3511 ATTACK is the 107 pts tactic.

It is very difficult to quantify best as the pts total just indicates potential. The long term testing over 180 games did indicate 3 at back with IWBs tactics are probably the strongest formation,

according to your advices this one is the best right? (Attack)

And no OI. You wrote something about oi's

Edited by Ozan Kara

As a player and admirer of your tactics, I would prefer this one over the 107 pts tactic, since this one doesn't concede. Look at the test, 14 goals conceded in English Premier League all season.

As far as I have tested in Serie C with Parma, its great. And the set pieces seem magical, and I mean all of them. Throw-ins, freekicks, and corners. I score so many with them. From outfield, goal scoring is limited to long shots most of the time.

The 107 pts is a full on attack tactic so it is we can score more than you.

The best tactic is the one you are happy with, and I do not always use the highest point scoring tactic.

Interesting feedback on set pieces and will try incorporating those in future tactics.

Do you mean where the name comes from?

The tactics are grouped by similar settings.

RAW SIENNA 4231 (Try this one) or MIDSOMMER 442

442s dominated FM16 because of crossing, this was nerfed hence 3 at back IWB tactics dominating.

Awesome tactic but i have 2 questions about it: do u think its better if the strikers are fast or strong and are defenders with 12 pace and concentration good enough for this tactic?? 

Playing with belgrano in argentinia.

Thanks 4 the help

I tend to test with teams like Margate Ebbsfleet level 6 and have never had a problem. As long as you have good players for that level then I find tactics work just fine.

A few - I don't count and WBs are preferred so mostly just use WBs now.

6 minutes ago, Gannicus89 said:

Love this tactic. Such a beast. 

which one??the 3511 or the 3412?

3412. I made one test save for Knaps 3412, and one for TFFs (from FM-base) latest tactic (the one with similar formation) for his striker tactic. I'm confident to say that this one is a lot better. No wonder why there is such a hype on it. 

I'm using Watford btw. Won the league with both tactics, but this tactic gave me  a greater goal difference.

Thanks Knap! You made FM fun again!

Nope, I always deactivate the first transfer window. And if you look at Watfords squad, they got exactly the right players for this tactic. Troy Deeney was banging in goals like crazy. 

This was my team setup:
http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/5698433/

I did however make a few signings during the january window, but that was only to give my squad more depth. Brought in Mexes and loaned Boschilla. That was about it. 

Knap,

Can we say that RAW SIENNA is a set of similar tactics? So can we use them as alternatives of each other? 

I began to start a new save and wanna use 3412 is main formation.

On the other hand i will add 3511 and 352 for alternatives.

Can it be an ideal usage of your tactics? Maybe,

* 3412 for home matches

* 352 for hard home matches or easy away matches

* 3511 for hard away matches

Is it the right way of it?

Certainly one way of using them, I tend to change based on players available.

The best tactics will probably be a 3412 or 3511 formation using IWBs. However in controlled testing even over 180 games the pts variance will be minimal say 10 pts so over a season it may be just 1 result, so just comes down to preferences and how a tactic gels with a team.

On 10/4/2017 at 15:26, knap said:

Do you mean where the name comes from?

The tactics are grouped by similar settings.

Yes - why Raw Sienna - i stead of "knaps 3412" :-)

Was just wondering :-)

11 hours ago, knap said:

The best tactics will probably be a 3412 or 3511 formation using IWBs. However in controlled testing even over 180 games the pts variance will be minimal say 10 pts so over a season it may be just 1 result, so just comes down to preferences and how a tactic gels with a team.

At home I am missing some points againt smaller teams (West Brom, Stoke & Watford). Playing with Arsenal and have a strong team - playing with key highlight but i all 3 matches there where 2-3 highlights and the game was over before you could snap your fingers. A lot of long shots - but mayby 1 big chance in each game.

Did talks with the ("get more creative" - and "demand more" in the end) - but no effect.

Any advice?

Hey knap first of all thanks for your awesome tactics; they are doing so well in singleplayer.

At the moment i play in a huge online league and everybody seems 2 use one of ur tactics (or at least the formations of them).

Sadly ive got one of the weakest teams in the league and im getting destroyed almost every game....

Im using 433 bluematter and ur latest rawsienna (the one with standard mentality).

The question i have is how can i beat ur tactics best? :D

I tought about counter and playing wide (since they are all narrow) but its not really working in my testings...

Could you please give me an advice how 2 create the ultimative underdog tactic?

Edited by Piaz88

If you look at the testing with different teams the pts range are

Arsenal 100+ pts

Lpool 95 + pts

Burnley 85 + pts

A stronger squad should always win out using the same tactics.

What formations are being used?

I would try one of the Burnley or Lpool tactics as underdog or sub top. In general 3412 or 3511 IWB tactics are best for underdogs and 3511 is the least used by other tactic makers.

The names are just groups of tactics in different styles, as I may use the same formation but passing or closing down may be set differently.

The defensive AI just form a block hence the long shots, I tend to change players around, make subs or you could try a different tactic with WBs rather than IWBs.

Edited by knap

They mostly use the 4-3-3 from bluematter and 4-2-3-1 from rawsienna.

I will give the 3511 IWB a try, thanks.

Ok so i took over both watford and liverpool.

With watford i used the goodbye burnley 3-4-1-2 tactic and with liverpool the 4-3-3 bluematter (which seems 2 be ur best tactic for good teams).

Using ingame editor to give them max tactic knowledge, happyness and removed all injuries.

Thanks for your advice, seems like ive got a nice underdog tactic now 2 win some matches next time we play. :)

watford.jpg

Any recommendations for away matches? I've been impressed with this tactic as a whole but unless there is a large talent deficit it does seem to perform particularly poorly on the road. 

My current tested best away tactic is Wheels of Fire 3412 IWB V2

48 minutes ago, knap said:

My current tested best away tactic is Wheels of Fire 3412 IWB V2

Is that the 17.2.1 version?

old patch version as I've never updated them, however it is structured. It may be better to consider RAW SIENNA 3430 .