S4G18 STRIKERLESS 4-1-2-3-0 TACTIC 17.3.1

Have always been a fan of striker-less tactics but I’ve never been able to implement it effectively in any of the previous FM releases until now.This years game engine allows the tactic to function like how I’ve always wanted this tactic to.

My aims for how the team/tactic is to operate are:

• Positive, proactive football
  • Complete footballers with strong technical ability, intelligence and fitness
  • Attacking & defending as a team
  • Intelligence & creativity
  • Fluidity & movement
  • Possession

PLAYER ROLES:

Inverted Wing Backs – These guys will get forward to provide numbers in central midfield. This allows the two CM's to get forward without having to worry about the space they leave behind. Decent dribbling ability is important and high stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness.

UPDATE- I've found changing the wing-backs into inverted wing-backs improves all round attacking and defensive play

Ball Playing Defenders - There's a regular center back in both DCR and DCL positions. Both should be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap. i prefer BPD so they pass out from the back and keep possession.

Central Midfielder x 2 (right and left) - They play a triple role. Firstly providing defensive cover on the flank in front of their wing back, ensuring the opposition's wide man doesn't get an easy ride. Secondly, getting forward to score and assist and thirdly, making decoy runs to take a defender out of the game, thus freeing up space for a team mate. Will work relentlessly to help the team win the ball back so a high work rate is very important. From an attacking perspective, they'll be getting into goal-scoring positions so good finishing and composure will also be helpful. Decent long shot ability for your both your CM's will net your team many bonus goals throughout the course of a season.

Shadow Striker – Will be the main striker/goal getter and get on the end of attacking plays so needs decent finishing, off the ball, vision and composure.  Preferably, he should be quick as he'll regularly be played through on goal and his pace will allow him to get free of his marker and get a 'one on one' with the keeper. If he's not quick then make sure he makes up for the lack of pace by being creative instead so high passing and vision will then be vital. Of the three, the two side AP's must have exceptional creativity and vision.

NB: Considering the three in the AM position are meant to carry the goal scoring burden, they MUST have very good finishing / speed attributes as well as high creative attributes. Strikers who can play also as AM's and vise versa are vital eg. Dybala, Martial, Bernardo Silva (not a striker), Griezmann etc.

Opposition Instruction: I never set any opposition Instructions and training can be done according to your preferences.

Screenshots of results, transfer movements, cups won are found below.

Let me know how you get on with the tactic in your saves. Feedback is welcome.

TACTIC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxXl8X6nxWFwUzd4NVhyZ3k1Y2M

58e66a2290158_ManchesterUnited_Overview-4.thumb.png.c314d02634e534b24a75927f0c7401fb.png58e7a6ee3abc6_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.c2e6e8ab4f8501e749f43f2a0e075242.png58e7a6f0d958d_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.b63c246b6f1556a9b5af3f11025212bf.png58e7a6f35cc27_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures-3.thumb.png.58a5e07d76b086eb5cb6cd771641f0ca.png58e7a72e188e8_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.6c5982b8b9c6b2eebc95aec8031409e3.png58e7a73000c1d_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.thumb.png.03efd3021c09e982a8171c87ecacc867.png58e7a75fdeb79_ManchesterUnited_Competitions-2.thumb.png.fa03d588575bbc72dd8c1e3f4da95549.png58e7a743a5c34_ManchesterUnited_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.c7321e790c01630f03e7821e7afb7e67.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png

First thoughts are that this is a solid tactic. Have played up until October with Arsenal. No transfers in and with my ass man taking some of the games, I am unbeaten so far P16, W13, D3, L0 (including champs league and league cup games. Positive results include a 2-0 against Spurs (H), 0-0 against man City (A) and 2-2 against Chelsea (A) who scored the equaliser in the last minute! 

Because I have not made any transfers yet, I know some of my players are not the kind that would necessarily fit the tactic as you have suggested in your OP regarding Dybala, Greizmann etc so I could potentially be getting better results but I can only judge it on what I have done with it so far.

Will keep playing and update you with progress.

BTW - because I cant do screenshots, my team is       GK Cech,    

CB Kos,     CB Mustafi,

WB Bellerin,                              WB Monreal,

DM Elneny,

CM Ramsey/Xhaka,     CM Cazorla,

AMLR Lucas, AM SS Sanchez, AMLC Ozil

On 4/20/2017 at 15:43, garrypelka said:

First thoughts are that this is a solid tactic. Have played up until October with Arsenal. No transfers in and with my ass man taking some of the games, I am unbeaten so far P16, W13, D3, L0 (including champs league and league cup games. Positive results include a 2-0 against Spurs (H), 0-0 against man City (A) and 2-2 against Chelsea (A) who scored the equaliser in the last minute! 

Because I have not made any transfers yet, I know some of my players are not the kind that would necessarily fit the tactic as you have suggested in your OP regarding Dybala, Greizmann etc so I could potentially be getting better results but I can only judge it on what I have done with it so far.

Will keep playing and update you with progress.

BTW - because I cant do screenshots, my team is       GK Cech,    

CB Kos,     CB Mustafi,

WB Bellerin,                              WB Monreal,

DM Elneny,

CM Ramsey/Xhaka,     CM Cazorla,

AMLR Lucas, AM SS Sanchez, AMLC Ozil

Good to see you're enjoying the tactic. have you tried the inverted wingback alterations? it seems to solidify the defense a bit more or you could try both and let me know what you think.

Dont know elnenys attributes but Also the half back is also vital I played Timothy fosu mensah and hes been an absolute beast providing a screen for the defense even though he doesn't have great technical stats physically hes perfect and so are physical but technically good CBs/DMs

On 4/21/2017 at 17:01, chadzinho said:

I like the look of this tactic and will give it a try in my Liverpool save. I'll let you know the results at the end of the season.

Thanks. will wait for your feedback

Ok, well all I can say is thank you for this tactic!! Its great!! I am at January now and I have only lost two games so far - one to Real madrid in the Champs League group games and one in the league to my bogey team - Stoke (1-0). The IWB's work really well but it is the consistency of the whole team that has been most impressive. I have never had so many high average ratings over the whole team before and Ozil has just won World Golden Ball, Footballer of the Year and World Player of the Year with Sanchez coming third in each category too. I would suggest that added to your list of requirements for positions, the AMCL/R need to have good vision in order to play the balls through the defence that the tactic likes to do so often. This is why, IMO, Ozil has performed as he has. Whoever I play on the other side out of Lucas or Ox, neither get as many assists as Ozil because neither has as good vision. Also, adding "off the ball" and/or "Positioning" to the AMC SS role is useful as that player needs to be in the right position to get on the balls through. I have tried Walcott in that position a few times and although he has the pace and finishing to perform, he is often slightly too wide of the pass to get on the end of them and his stats are far weaker in those attributes than that of Sanchez. have now got some January signings lined up so will see if how they affect the team for the second half of the season though I am not sure where and when they will play as the team is doing so well anyway! 

My only negative of this tactic is that so many of the team are playing well, loads of them want new contracts lol!

FM Screnshots.pdf

On 4/23/2017 at 08:24, garrypelka said:

Ok, well all I can say is thank you for this tactic!! Its great!! I am at January now and I have only lost two games so far - one to Real madrid in the Champs League group games and one in the league to my bogey team - Stoke (1-0). The IWB's work really well but it is the consistency of the whole team that has been most impressive. I have never had so many high average ratings over the whole team before and Ozil has just won World Golden Ball, Footballer of the Year and World Player of the Year with Sanchez coming third in each category too. I would suggest that added to your list of requirements for positions, the AMCL/R need to have good vision in order to play the balls through the defence that the tactic likes to do so often. This is why, IMO, Ozil has performed as he has. Whoever I play on the other side out of Lucas or Ox, neither get as many assists as Ozil because neither has as good vision. Also, adding "off the ball" and/or "Positioning" to the AMC SS role is useful as that player needs to be in the right position to get on the balls through. I have tried Walcott in that position a few times and although he has the pace and finishing to perform, he is often slightly too wide of the pass to get on the end of them and his stats are far weaker in those attributes than that of Sanchez. have now got some January signings lined up so will see if how they affect the team for the second half of the season though I am not sure where and when they will play as the team is doing so well anyway! 

My only negative of this tactic is that so many of the team are playing well, loads of them want new contracts lol!

FM Screnshots.pdf

Lol faced the same contract situation with united its was almost of biblical plague proportions. Thanks and good to know you're enjoying the tactic so far. Some of the offensive plays are just insane and i love the fact this tactic allows for through balls, balls over the top and brilliant solo runs and not the monotonous crossing goals that seemed to happen with other tactics/previous fm releases. in my save pogba actually won the ballon d'or with other united players coming 2nd and 3rd i think, cant remember.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 07.04.2017 at 18:30, S4G18 said:

Have always been a fan of striker-less tactics but I’ve never been able to implement it effectively in any of the previous FM releases until now.This years game engine allows the tactic to function like how I’ve always wanted this tactic to.

My aims for how the team/tactic is to operate are:

• Positive, proactive football
  • Complete footballers with strong technical ability, intelligence and fitness
  • Attacking & defending as a team
  • Intelligence & creativity
  • Fluidity & movement
  • Possession

PLAYER ROLES:

Inverted Wing Backs – These guys will get forward to provide numbers in central midfield. This allows the two CM's to get forward without having to worry about the space they leave behind. Decent dribbling ability is important and high stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness.

UPDATE- I've found changing the wing-backs into inverted wing-backs improves all round attacking and defensive play

Ball Playing Defenders - There's a regular center back in both DCR and DCL positions. Both should be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap. i prefer BPD so they pass out from the back and keep possession.

Central Midfielder x 2 (right and left) - They play a triple role. Firstly providing defensive cover on the flank in front of their wing back, ensuring the opposition's wide man doesn't get an easy ride. Secondly, getting forward to score and assist and thirdly, making decoy runs to take a defender out of the game, thus freeing up space for a team mate. Will work relentlessly to help the team win the ball back so a high work rate is very important. From an attacking perspective, they'll be getting into goal-scoring positions so good finishing and composure will also be helpful. Decent long shot ability for your both your CM's will net your team many bonus goals throughout the course of a season.

Shadow Striker – Will be the main striker/goal getter and get on the end of attacking plays so needs decent finishing, off the ball, vision and composure.  Preferably, he should be quick as he'll regularly be played through on goal and his pace will allow him to get free of his marker and get a 'one on one' with the keeper. If he's not quick then make sure he makes up for the lack of pace by being creative instead so high passing and vision will then be vital. Of the three, the two side AP's must have exceptional creativity and vision.

NB: Considering the three in the AM position are meant to carry the goal scoring burden, they MUST have very good finishing / speed attributes as well as high creative attributes. Strikers who can play also as AM's and vise versa are vital eg. Dybala, Martial, Bernardo Silva (not a striker), Griezmann etc.

Opposition Instruction: I never set any opposition Instructions and training can be done according to your preferences.

Screenshots of results, transfer movements, cups won are found below.

Let me know how you get on with the tactic in your saves. Feedback is welcome.

TACTIC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxXl8X6nxWFwUzd4NVhyZ3k1Y2M

58e66a2290158_ManchesterUnited_Overview-4.thumb.png.c314d02634e534b24a75927f0c7401fb.png58e7a6ee3abc6_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.c2e6e8ab4f8501e749f43f2a0e075242.png58e7a6f0d958d_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.b63c246b6f1556a9b5af3f11025212bf.png58e7a6f35cc27_ManchesterUnited_SeniorFixtures-3.thumb.png.58a5e07d76b086eb5cb6cd771641f0ca.png58e7a72e188e8_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.6c5982b8b9c6b2eebc95aec8031409e3.png58e7a73000c1d_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.thumb.png.03efd3021c09e982a8171c87ecacc867.png58e7a75fdeb79_ManchesterUnited_Competitions-2.thumb.png.fa03d588575bbc72dd8c1e3f4da95549.png58e7a743a5c34_ManchesterUnited_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.c7321e790c01630f03e7821e7afb7e67.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png

İt's my favorite tactic...

Just now, T-Rex said:

Hi! You describe inverted wing backs in the text, but when i load your .fmf the formation has regular wing backs. Why is this?

Never mind, I obviously did not read the OP thoroughly enough...

Archived