Fortuna Favors The Bold....

BoxToBox

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU FORGET ABOUT YOUR OWN ACADEMY PLAYERS?!?!

You just made my heart rate sky-rocket from anger and resentment. Yuk. 

Never forgot about them! Just forgot to post an update in the thread on their progress.

7f498286f662c92d1a65359afe7978e7.png

The fans are getting sick of my ****.

To be fair, I had no intention of actually buying Fosu-Mensah, I was just curious as to what Man Utd would want, after an ex-United scout recommended him.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I wouldn't say disgrace, but certainly bad form.

Ignoring youth academy prospects?

I've finally sussed you out. You're Jose Mourinho. Admit it.

Well, maybe not. He'd never deign to manage in the Faroes...even in a sim.

You're Avram Grant, aren't you?

:lol:

15 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

fe60c0e3fe10e3c94dfb99530ef03c6b.png

Stoke?! Stoke?!!!!!

I wouldn't mind, but Man City and a wealthy Marseille are also interested, but he comes at me wanting to leave for Stoke.

STOKE?!!!!!

Maybe he wants to prove that he can do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke!

Or maybe he just a money grabbing *****. 

We're at the halfway break in the league, and absolutely dominant.

31b0b801fb9201a2a02d5827c83ddbed.png

As for Europe, it was nightmare group, that we started badly, but pulled ourselves into the mix and on the last day, pipped PSG to a KO spot by beating them on their own ground, a late 0-1 from Zarate.

We've drawn Man City, damn.

61d775878a3ab4dbceef975310510e45.png

Weirdly, when they had nothing left to play for, Shakhtar beat Barcelona.

Man Utd came in for one of my key defenders.

7312ee4deb3b0b8b62a008b165faa9a8.png

56a3fff18006b0510bdb519fe2c59f91.png

Fans are relatively happy, much more than me, but I'll find a replacement. Funnily, Man Utd are reigning CL winners, but failed FFP to compete in it this year...

Quite surprised at the fans reaction.

It's about time FM fix that FFP thing. In real life have any teams actually failed? I think a club got hit with a fine but not banned.

I personally never fail it as I tend to have very few players making over 100 k a week,  but I just hate it when clubs that I know would never fail it, fail it in the game.

11 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Quite surprised at the fans reaction.

It's about time FM fix that FFP thing. In real life have any teams actually failed? I think a club got hit with a fine but not banned.

I think Man City got a fine and one summer where they were only allowed spend a limited amount, then PSG were in danger of failing it so they changed the rules.

28 minutes ago, Koetzer said:

There were cases of teams banned due to FFP, not in top leagues though. Dinamo Moscow and Galatasaray were the most well-known teams, I think.

I guess I was wrong. Maybe SI are doing it right

Winter window's closed up, and it's been a mad January.

First up, both Hossain Shiek Solieman and Mostafa Hossam came to my office January 1st, Atletico wanted to sign them, and they were demanding to leave. Arguments ensued, and both got chucked in the U-19's. In the end Atletico only bid for Hossam, on deadline day, a non negotiable 4.9m. :lol: Nope. Now both players are without their transfers and sitting in the U-19's, I'll happily let their contracts run down, both of which run for 4 and a half years. Solieman has actually calmed down, but tough titties, his opportunity is gone. We have immense depth in midfield, throwing away a squad spot is not clever as it's not going to be won back.

On to business.

943497d72162729561a93945cd40f083.png

Cojocaru is a good keeper, but we have a better starter in Zoet, and three or four youngsters with higher ceilings, best move for all parties and a fair fee.
Benali is a Moroccan striker, who's good but not great, happy enough to do business.
Dupont, the "star" of our last intake, well rid, surprised I managed to talk 800k our of Celta.
Eiting returns to Ajax for a profit, a season and a half later. Homegrown in nation, but he wasn't going to last much longer, too many good mids, and too many upcoming Liberos in training in the youth teams(who can eventually become club grown).
Toure I'm sad to see go, but at least Man Utd actually came in, and with a really good deal. 20m up front, 2 over 12 months, 40% of profit and a friendly. I expected I could replace him, and if I couldn't, I could promote a backup level player.

Of course, with all the money coming in, more went out too....

331e782e6dd0f588023fb81b261a54f8.png

0a988808c924c57111c28a23805329a5.png

A long awaited arrival, he's going to be an absolute monster. Issues in that I just have so many CM's and AM's, but he's good enough that he'll probably have to be given priority over someone.

8f34fbda0e6716b8a5b483c534a49beb.png

Perez was brought in for depth, but I reckon we'll have a cracker on our hands eventually, tackling needs a bit of work.

b528ecd92e91157583090ea2af646cdc.png

Expensive, both in transfer fee and wages, but I'm a big fan of Gomez, and felt replacing Toure with a more experienced player was a good idea, considering the youth of all our other CB's. Staff don't rate him especially highly, I suspect under the hood his CA isn't anything special, but his attributes are all great in the key areas.

a866b088a6434dd081f6229470aca1a0.png

Forgot this guy on the screencap of the incoming transfers, but I really like him. If you want a more static no 10, he could be the perfect guy. If he was a better shot, he'd remind me of Mata. Personality is a bit crap, but that's workable.

Your comment about CA is interesting. I feel like poachers, anchor men and maybe defensive centre backs are some of the positions that need less CA to perform. They just need to be decent in certain attributes. Whereas false 9s, registas, complete forwards and liberos need a lot of attributes, thus the best players for those roles need to have a high CA.

9 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Your comment about CA is interesting. I feel like poachers, anchor men and maybe defensive centre backs are some of the positions that need less CA to perform. They just need to be decent in certain attributes. Whereas false 9s, registas, complete forwards and liberos need a lot of attributes, thus the best players for those roles need to have a high CA.

Yep -- CA/PA alone is a poor measurement of what a player will bring on the pitch.

In FM 15 (maybe it was 16), I figured that a squad made up of players with PA in the 130s/140s could readily challenge for the Champions League, IF they were developed properly (and had a good initial stat distribution/personality).  Mind you, this was "back of the napkin" analysis only, not an actual analysis.  I also realize that I'm far from the first/only person to reach this conclusion.

A 20 in finishing is nice for a forward, but if their composure/concentration/first touch/off the ball movement is crap...that, ladies and gentlemen, is where you get the likes of Emile Heskey.  Or, Wilfried Zaha -- all pace.

16 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Juan Rodriguez looks tremendous.  That good at 18, with potential to grow...yeah, I'd say he merits inclusion in the side to ensure he develops!

I didn't expect him to be near this ready when I confirmed the deal, he's grown quite a lot!

2 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Yup! Any non-Ball Playing CB, or any basic striker who you just want on the end of things, as for midfielders, ball-winners and playmakers(surprisingly enough) can work at lower CA's too.

The very most easy of all though, is pure old fashioned wingers. All you need is four attributes, even get away with three. Acceleration, Pace, Crossing, and ideally Dribbling. Not a dribbler? Knocks Ball Past Opponent. Wingers can be basically crap, yet devastating.

Youth Intake Day!

Last years was quite disappointing, after all our upgrades, our Irish HOYD has since retired, and we've picked up a new fellow, Spaniard Diego Cervo, a Model Professional with 20 Determination. Lets see what he's brought us.

1a0f00e478760dd649d1038b314eccde.png

Fair few with good professionalism, couple with good det, three we should be excited about, but I doubt I'll keep Ajana. First player from a new German affiliate, he's crap.

b973c0ee91b263630559e7a923e84e05.png

Rob is the man the staff are highly excited about, and yeah, guess he looks decent. Doesn't fit into our plans much, but he could be a good winger, eventually. Lots to work on.

496e0c4dc4ba91c4d5f80021070559c0.png

Justin is the lad I'd have my money on, though! Surely he's going to be much better? Pretty quick, especially acceleration, oodles of flair, bit better technically, though still needs lots of work.

Real question though, striker(DLF/Treq/F9 etc), or AMC? I'm thinking AMC. If his Vision grows he could be a nasty Trequartista.

I was looking at the comparison charts, and there are some interesting things going on, surprising even.

f06dd6672c2f2dac7befef040608b0fe.png75c2e53e45d1ff2c761b196569b595df.png4ec235a2f05510c60df7686697cc8649.png

Not only are we  the youngest side(an impressive feat in a league known for young talent), we're the biggest, by far the most physically gifted, and looking at mental attributes, Decisions, Concentration, Determination are all the best along with a high level of Anticipation, Composure, Team Work and Work Rate.

That's a hell of a combination of attributes!

a3c87fb754c58a21b4ddb4312991b00a.jpg

Record breaking dominance in the league. I don't think I even needed my 4-3-3 game chasing tactic once.

Second rate in Europe, fluked our way to the knockout rounds only to get pounded 7-4 agg by Man City.

Keep up the good work!

One thing I've noticed on my RKC save, is that the Dutch Cup has vanished! I'm now in 2022-2023 season, and we haven't played (well nobody) has played a Cup game in 3 seasons. The Dutch Super Cup takes place, but that's just between the team that finishes first and second. Not sure why this has happened for to be honest! 

Cheers fellas!

Been a weird summer so far.

c5cb389ae4fae4457bb4dc7f29f3e5b2.png

Paye is a decent young striker, but 192 clubs!?!?!

6e978f64be0cb62769e1589e6ccc3e71.png

Man City want our star Libero, staff think to chuck him. Sure, Liberos grow on trees, maybe we should let him on a free?

lol at the assistant manager convincing you to sell him. *Rant begins*

I have never had an assistant manager I completely trusted. I see them as people who handle an aspect of training, and maybe if their motivation is higher than 16, may give them team talks responsibility. But I tend to skip back-room meetings and ignore them during games.

if FM was was real life, I would sit on the bench by myself while the assistant would be with the other coaches with a clear space between us.

*Rant over*

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Staff Wanted

Role: Assistant Manager

Desired skills include

• Tea Making
  • Coffee Making
  • Quickness
    (to reach kettle's location)

End of list.

Ability to set up cones and carry bibs, might also be required to relay the manager's instructions to players such as  "coach wants you to cut inside" or"gaffer wants you to stop being silly and play short passes" so ability to speak about 40 words might be necessary.

Knowledge and opinions of football should be kept to himself/herself

• Anticipation, to know when the kettle is going to be finished so you don't waste time
  • Precision, so he can hit the cup when he pours
  • Vision, so he can see when you need more coffee/tea.
  • Flair - I like it done with style.
  • Balance...Okay I'm stopping this now.

A must have, however:

• Ability to hum lullabies with magical motivating effects.

Another summer window closed, and as usual it's been quite hectic.

One slight twist though....

cb56d3c531fa6036d3b2c179a59d9863.png

This summer we were very much a selling club, I decided on a bit of a clear out.

Hossam, Sheikh Suleiman and Rolon Martinez were all unhappy, and wanted out for various reasons, but I held out for some great offers.
Fernando Mina is a good striking prospect, but he was growing very slowly, we had too much quality up front, and depth, to nurse him along.
Amdy Paye is a rapid young striker, but didn't have much chance of breaking our senior squad.
Jonathan Torres is a good young CB/CM, but again, we had bigger, better defenders, and he lacked technical skill to be a full time mid.
Andre is a mediocre CB that wanted to leave. Well rid.
Joaquin Arzura wasn't a planned sale, but a deadline day bid lead to a good deal, and leaves room to promote a centre mid from the reserves who has massive potential.

Incoming, not much to say, mostly a few prospects I wanted to take a punt on, few notable deals.

fedbfc93ad9866ce7dd2b1e8aeeebaac.png

Jorge Gonzales is a great young full back, but it's the deal that stands out here, we paid 2.1m, rising to 2.7, and Bordeaux then took him on loan from us, paying us 2.5m for the privilege.

d0676e476eda69d4787f3ebf38169811.png

Wagner Ramos Lima, should become a cracker of a forward, been keeping an eye on him for ages. We needed a striker late in the window after our 2nd choice Godwin John threw a tantrum because I didn't sell him to Leverkusen.
Big fee, but we're currently minted.

f3afd89471d420dbd6573f57d519eb7b.png

Vrbnjak is expensive for his age, but looks a star in the making.

Liverpool spent the entire summer bidding for Justin Schmit, so it's looking like he is indeed the real deal.

9b25d06e5b1e3434452b84d776976f13.png

His PPA has kicked up to 5 star too.

d0676e476eda69d4787f3ebf38169811.png

Wagner Ramos Lima, should become a cracker of a forward, been keeping an eye on him for ages. We needed a striker late in the window after our 2nd choice Godwin John threw a tantrum because I didn't sell him to Leverkusen.
Big fee, but we're currently minted.

Liverpool spent the entire summer bidding for Justin Schmit, so it's looking like he is indeed the real deal.

9b25d06e5b1e3434452b84d776976f13.png

His PPA has kicked up to 5 star too.

I love the look of Wagner. I don't usually like spilling tons of cash on transfers, but he looks tremendous.

Schmitty...I'm not sold on just yet. His PA ticking up is a nice early Christmas present, though!

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I love the look of Wagner. I don't usually like spilling tons of cash on transfers, but he looks tremendous.

Scored four goals in his first start, can't complain at that!

13 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Schmitty...I'm not sold on just yet. His PA ticking up is a nice early Christmas present, though!

Boy has issues, certainly, bit mentally weak especially, but when big Premier League clubs are throwing 7-10m at a 16 year old, it's a strong sign he has a lot of PA to grow and fill out the holes in his game.

Scored four goals in his first start, can't complain at that!

Boy has issues, certainly, bit mentally weak especially, but when big Premier League clubs are throwing 7-10m at a 16 year old, it's a strong sign he has a lot of PA to grow and fill out the holes in his game.

4 on his first start? Wow. Which of your striker slots are you playing him in?

Yep. His PA must be huge, given how that factors into AI decisionmaking. No doubt you'll move him on at the right time for a small fortune.

Just now, ManUtd1 said:

4 on his first start? Wow. Which of your striker slots are you playing him in?

Yep. His PA must be huge, given how that factors into AI decisionmaking. No doubt you'll move him on at the right time for a small fortune.

Right striker, so Advanced Forward, the left DLF slot I'm mostly using retrained playmakers.

I remain convinced some managers in this forum are colluding with player agents in order to keep money moving. Those player sales the last 2 seasons, jesus. What are you doing with all that money? Hookers and drugs?

Bit angry, December now, three different players(two CB's and a wingback) have come to my office demanding a transfer to Spurs(who are in our CL group). **** off.

So, two issues here for Spurs, one, I'm now never selling them any player, though I'm normally happy to negotiate in a save where players are replaceable. Two, they still had to visit Sittard-Geleen.

c1de367031df1faf15470db4560ae2a3.png

Wagner came on at the half, Regis on the hour. Both had a point to prove, and it tied in nicely with the point I wanted to leave Spurs with.

9daf03257e9f17860abea4055f298a0946c375d5

After failing with Godwin John, Leverkusen are at it with Zarate, but being a good lad, when told a transfer wasn't happening, Zarate just replied, "alright, fair enough".

Archived