Individual Training: Poacher or Complete Forward for this youngster?

ilkork

I have this youngster (btw 16y old and bald?):

Spoiler

A._Schoinas-_Attributes.png
A._Schoinas-_Report.png

In my tactics, he will play (not now, after some years) as Poacher and Complete Forward/S. I was wondering, what would the best approach be for his development.

1) Choose to train him as a Complete Forward so that he will focus on more attributes and with a additional focus on Finishing/Off the Ball, like the following image,

Spoiler

A._Schoinas-_Training-1.png

or 2) choose to train him as Poacher with an additional focus on Dribbling so that he will focus more on the "important" attributes?

Spoiler

A._Schoinas-_Training-2.png

His other (less important) attributes are very good for his age and i am sure they will be increased with/without me. I would really like to focus more on his Dribbling, Finishing, Off the Ball and Acceleration.
What should i do? Go with Poacher?

EDIT: I am in control of the youth's general training.
After the first 2-3 weeks of fitness training in pre-season and the one month of team cohesion after that, i distribute the other 4 categories (attacking, defending, ball control, tactical) equally, different training each week.

For me, Poachers and Complete Forwards are polar opposites, so asking someone to (eventually) play as either is a bit of a challenge.

Poachers are the ultimate goal moocher.  They sit in and around the penalty box waiting for the ball, take a shot and do not much else.  Thus a low Teamwork attribute is ideal.  Take a look at Lapadula at AC Milan that I bought for my West Ham team as a Poacher.

Complete Forwards are the jack of all trades forward, expected to work hard for the team and do a little bit of everything.  Thus a high Teamwork attribute is handy to have.  Take a look at Belotti at Torino that I also bought for my West Ham team as a Complete Forward.

Of course they can play as either role, but because their attributes differ the way in which they carry out the roles will differ.

52 minutes ago, herne79 said:

For me, Poachers and Complete Forwards are polar opposites, so asking someone to (eventually) play as either is a bit of a challenge.

Poachers are the ultimate goal moocher.  They sit in and around the penalty box waiting for the ball, take a shot and do not much else.  Thus a low Teamwork attribute is ideal.  Take a look at Lapadula at AC Milan that I bought for my West Ham team as a Poacher.

Complete Forwards are the jack of all trades forward, expected to work hard for the team and do a little bit of everything.  Thus a high Teamwork attribute is handy to have.  Take a look at Belotti at Torino that I also bought for my West Ham team as a Complete Forward.

Of course they can play as either role, but because their attributes differ the way in which they carry out the roles will differ.

Well, here's the deal.
I am using two tactics for 99% of the matches. I always swap them during a match.

Spoiler

1) 4-2-3-1 Attacking:
4-2-3-1_Attacking_Formation.png4-2-3-1_Attacking_TIs.png
2) 4-2-3-1 Control:
4-2-3-1_Control_Formation.png4-2-3-1_Control_TIs.png

I also swap the wingers and change them to Inside Forwards (Attack duty for the Attacking tactic and Support duty for the Control tactic)

With the attacking tactic, i want nothing more than goals.
The reason i also use a control tactic, is because my board wants a possession brand of football (wants an attacking one also) and i am too stubborn and stupid to remove it from the philosophies and take it personally "I am Olympiacos, the best team in Greece and i should have the highest average possession in the league"! :idiot:
That's why i use a Poacher (really nothing else for that attacking tactic) and a Complete Forward/S for the control tactic (what else could i use?).
Also, i am sure that this youngster's teamwork will reach at least 12, so, it's not that bad for using him as a CF also.

Btw, i am planning to buy Belotti as well, good choice there mate, personal favourite in FM16 :thup:

EDIT: Don't know if this thread is for "Good Player & Team Guide" anymore.
Maybe tactics & training?

ok no worries.

In terms of specifically how to train him (ie., your actual question in the OP), when you select a role to train the player as, all you're actually doing is just selecting a range of attributes to focus on.  In the case of the Complete Forward role then yes that will ultimately give you a nicely rounded forward.  Now and again there'd be no harm in switching his training to, say, the Poacher role for a few months to give him a little boost to some more specific "goal focused" attributes.

In Training, the roles are just labels given to differentiate a set of attributes to focus on, so you can use that to your advantage.

12 minutes ago, herne79 said:

ok no worries.

In terms of specifically how to train him (ie., your actual question in the OP), when you select a role to train the player as, all you're actually doing is just selecting a range of attributes to focus on.  In the case of the Complete Forward role then yes that will ultimately give you a nicely rounded forward.  Now and again there'd be no harm in switching his training to, say, the Poacher role for a few months to give him a little boost to some more specific "goal focused" attributes.

In Training, the roles are just labels given to differentiate a set of attributes to focus on, so you can use that to your advantage.

Yeah, yeah, i asked the community about that 2-3 weeks ago, cause i chose my DLP to train as BBM (more attributes in training with this role) and wasn't sure if there would be a conflict since i don't use a BBM.

I did the math and it's about 45 weeks of training in one season, so, i could choose 30 weeks as Poacher and 15 weeks as Complete Forward. Or 25-20, don't know, will see.

Anyway, thank you for your time sir, i appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived