Sports Interactive Community

I assumed that it was just me that preferred the older version (2005) of Football Manager, and was really disappointed when it would not load on my new iMac.  Having looked into this a lot, I discover that there are a lot of that prefer the older versions, and simpler, of Football Manager.   I was just wondering if there were any plans to update the older versions (2005/2006/2007/2008), so that they will play on the new computer software.   Going by the amount of individuals who were asking the same question, I think it would be a very popular move.  

Whilst there have been some requests for this, SI have said that the work involved, especially with the very old games, is unjustifiable, so to my knowledge there are no plans for older games to be made compatible with new operating systems.  Sorry about that

Hi all! I don't mind SI don't make new updates yet. I'd like them to do that but it's not a great problem. I'm not a Mac expert but I thought that you were able to run FM06 with some kind of compatibility mode.

FM06 is my favourite. I know 07 has some updates that make the game a little more complete and easily, as managers stats windows or the chance of making "click" in every player or send them to the reserve for a few days/weeks.

Anyway. FM06 is my favourite :D The onlyone thing that disturb me is the difficulties I find in avoiding crash dumps in newest windows versions. I'm looking forward to make a reformat in my pc and quit window 8.1 to install windows 7. I began with 8.0 in my pc, I didn't like it so much and I experienced issues, but 8.1 is worst of all.

I hope that in W 7, with compatibility mode, I'll be able to play FM06, as in Windows 8.0 it run without problems.

I'd like to find more people who still play and enjoy early versions of FM. I've read in forums that still most people do, but there aren't forums specifically to talk about that, as some other "retro games" are

hi i was wondering if you would be able to help? I am trying to install fm11 onto my laptop but i keep getting an error as follows. " Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported" Then the Following Message... The installer cant run in this UI mode. Use the iCommand Line Option followed by the UI mode Identifier. The Valid UI modes Identifiers are GUI, Console and Silent.

Can anyone give me any help with this.? I cant use the Key on steam as its a second hand game from the charity shop so it says the code is registered to another steam account.

Many thanks.

4 hours ago, Biano4 said:

hi i was wondering if you would be able to help? I am trying to install fm11 onto my laptop but i keep getting an error as follows. " Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported" Then the Following Message... The installer cant run in this UI mode. Use the iCommand Line Option followed by the UI mode Identifier. The Valid UI modes Identifiers are GUI, Console and Silent.

Can anyone give me any help with this.? I cant use the Key on steam as its a second hand game from the charity shop so it says the code is registered to another steam account.

Many thanks.

The game should not have been sold second hand and so we cannot help with getting it running unfortunately.

is it fixable?

Many thanks.

No- even if you can use compatibility mode to install the game, the activation code for the game has been used and it cannot be activated again.  I know it was a charity shop but it shouldn't have been offered for sale