Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sunlinlad

New career

When starting a new save, is the amount of leagues that you add the leagues you can manage in or the leagues you can sign players from?

if I want to start a career with one team and I probably won't ever leave the club, what would I be best off starting with??

thanks 

It is leagues that you can manage in, but added leagues also affect how active the AI is in the transfer market and how good they are in competitions. If you for instance load only the English League then teams from other nations will be less active and you will come to see that english teams tend to dominate the Champions League, The Europa League, The World Cup and the European Cup. You will also have less players to choose from.

Ok thanks I've got a database of 90000ish players at the minute was just wondering if it would run slow or whatever 

2 hours ago, Sunlinlad said:

Ok thanks I've got a database of 90000ish players at the minute was just wondering if it would run slow or whatever 

90,000 players is a bad idea if you're only running the leagues from one country.

Sure you'll have a lot of players to choose from but selling your own players is going to be a nightmare. The unloaded nations are much less active when it comes to buying players, so they won't be making an offer for any of your players, and the other clubs in your country are going to have a massive number of players to look at so are much less likely to go for any of yours.

If I were running with 90,000 players personally I'd want at least 7 or 8 nations running in full detail.

What about if you start a save with only one Countries leagues playable and all the other main leagues from other Countries on View only , how does this affect the game and how they buy your players etc... ?