Beat Napoli in CL with 3.5Mil Team -)

yep as the heading says, today i beat Napoli at home with a 3.5 million dollar team.  My oldest player was 24 while the others in their teens and early 20's.  Napoli Total on the pitch was 160 Mil.  

I was leading 1-0 then Napoli got a Red card and i took advantage and scored another to top it off.  This will be a day i will never forget.  

Love FM17

What a coincidence. I just beat Napoli in the Champions League as well. A 1-0 victory with an injury time winner :) I love FM!

My starting XI value was a staggering £195 mill though, so you beat me there! :applause: (And thats just what I bought them for).

2 hours ago, dieu said:

What a coincidence. I just beat Napoli in the Champions League as well. A 1-0 victory with an injury time winner :) I love FM!

My starting XI value was a staggering £195 mill though, so you beat me there! :applause: (And thats just what I bought them for).

The more i'm playing this game the better i'm getting at tweaking my tactics.  Not something i was able to do in previous versions as i've not gone as deep in tactics as this version.  I forced my players to man mark and double mark players and the defensive tweaks impressed me.  It goes to show that you can really come away with it if you get your tactics right.  It might have been a 1 in a thousand but hey the boys delivered.  The funny thing i did with the tactic was to counter attack but with short passing, usually i don't set it up that way.  I noticed when my players were on the counter they passed short and most importantly very efficiently.  If i had the counter attack setup with mixed passing i'm sure i would have seen more long balls.

So now i will be playing a lot of counter attacking with short passing because when the players run in the final third the wingers or wide players deliver better accurate passes given the quality of players i have.

In that game to be honest i did try something that i usually mostly likely never tried often and it kinda changed my learning curve. So now i'm using some good tweak from that game against other teams now.  

Since we are talking about value here, I have to add that three players accounted for £190 mill out of the £195 mill. The rest was youth prospects bought cheap and carefully developed over a period of 10 years. 

I am a big fan of the Ferguson approach to the transfer market. Buy a few big big signings and mix them in with cheap purchases and youth prospects.

The players I broke the bank for was:

Adam Mazurek (DC) (£75 mill):                        

Mazurek.thumb.jpg.b972518b197e85c0c61451a27d7e15e7.jpg 

Arne Posipal (SC) (£78 mill):

Posipal.thumb.jpg.9d8e822ca613a5c78dbb6d5831a09731.jpg

This was of course just an excuse to show off my players. Look how good they are! :lol:

7 hours ago, dieu said:

Since we are talking about value here, I have to add that three players accounted for £190 mill out of the £195 mill. The rest was youth prospects bought cheap and carefully developed over a period of 10 years. 

I am a big fan of the Ferguson approach to the transfer market. Buy a few big big signings and mix them in with cheap purchases and youth prospects.

The players I broke the bank for was:

Adam Mazurek (DC) (£75 mill):                        

Mazurek.thumb.jpg.b972518b197e85c0c61451a27d7e15e7.jpg 

Arne Posipal (SC) (£78 mill):

Posipal.thumb.jpg.9d8e822ca613a5c78dbb6d5831a09731.jpg

This was of course just an excuse to show off my players. Look how good they are! :lol:

Very nice indeed especially that 24 year old.  What your doing is exactly the way i'm playing the game but i sell my players a bit quicker.  This is what i have been telling other players in another post about how crucial it is to bring up your own players unless you have ambramovic always feeding you money.  Scouting and Youth Coaches are crucial.

The Alex Ferguson way so important when it comes to mentoring youth players.  I have a few oldies and always make sure they are giving the young boys some advice.

I knocked both Arsenal and Man Utd out of the FA Cup en route to the Quarter Finals with a Peterborough side that cost under 500k whilst still in League One, my most expensive signing being a goalkeeper who was bought for a whopping 135k from some obscure german team.

We're now in the Premier league having achieved 2 promotions in 3 years and spending under 1.5m on transfer fees. The majority of my squad are on under 10k pw with nobody earning over 12k pw

Archived