Youth player transfer

As you know, the eligible age for transfer must be 17 above, but the player must also sign a professional contract with his club, otherwise, if the player is 18 but still owing only a youth contract, you can't sign him directly or need to wait until he signed a professional contract.

Here's my question, I have a confirmed future transfer of a 15 yr regen and he will join me 2 and a half years later. Can I do something to change him into professional immediately so I don't have to wait that much long time?

Second question, I don't understand why sometimes I can sign a player who is still owing a youth contract. For example, I can sign Afonso Sousa, Moise Kean... many youth players who are at 16 only when I start a new saving, by directly offering him a professional contract and compensate a little bit amount of money. What's the reason?

20 minutes ago, davidjai said:

Here's my question, I have a confirmed future transfer of a 15 yr regen and he will join me 2 and a half years later. Can I do something to change him into professional immediately so I don't have to wait that much long time?

Nope.

20 minutes ago, davidjai said:

Second question, I don't understand why sometimes I can sign a player who is still owing a youth contract. For example, I can sign Afonso Sousa, Moise Kean... many youth players who are at 16 only when I start a new saving, by directly offering him a professional contract and compensate a little bit amount of money. What's the reason?

I would guess that they join you on youth contracts, and their professional terms start when they are 18.  Probably depends on their age, and what country they are in, and you're in. I think there are limits on how long a contract u18 players can sign

I am playing Man Utd and in my save there's no regulations from the Brexit.

I can sign Afonso Sousa when he is 16 when he is with youth contract, but I can't sign most of the European regen under the age of 18. What's the reason?

Depends on the exact situation.

Have the youth players that you're trying to sign already agreed terms with their clubs on professional deals?

There could be loads of different reasons why. 

Just now, rinso said:

Depends on the exact situation.

Have the youth players that you're trying to sign already agreed terms with their clubs on professional deals?

There could be loads of different reasons why. 

No, they are currently youth contract with their clubs. Maybe that's the thing I guess.

What leagues are you trying to sign from?

What is the message you get when you approach the player? Are they not interested? Have they provisionally agreed a professional contract? Is the option to "Offer contract" there, or can you only bid for them as in a regular transfer?

Just now, rinso said:

What leagues are you trying to sign from?

What is the message you get when you approach the player? Are they not interested? Have they provisionally agreed a professional contract? Is the option to "Offer contract" there, or can you only bid for them as in a regular transfer?

Sign from the top leagues from Germany, France, Spain, some are from Brazil and Argentina.

I didn't receive any specific message, when I am in contract talks the option for contract length start from one or two years later.

They are interested to join my club.

They agreed to sign a professional contract with me, but I don't think they have signed the pro contract with their first clubs.

I can only bid them in regular transfer (exceptional cases: start of a new saving at 2016, I can directly offer contract to youth players such as Afonso Sousa...)

4 minutes ago, davidjai said:

They agreed to sign a professional contract with me,

What happens after they agree the contract? is it delayed until the player turns 18? That's down to a rule change from FIFA a few years back I think, to stop younger players being exploited so easily... 

If you can only bid for the player, rather than directly offering a contract, I would assume this means they have agreed terms on a contract with their club that will start in the future... 

see example> 

I'm unable to offer contract, only to bid for him. You can see on his contract information page, he's agreed a contract with current club

heinz.png

heinz2.png

Just now, rinso said:

What happens after they agree the contract? is it delayed until the player turns 18? That's down to a rule change from FIFA a few years back I think, to stop younger players being exploited so easily... 

If you can only bid for the player, rather than directly offering a contract, I would assume this means they have agreed terms on a contract with their club that will start in the future... 

see example> 

I'm unable to offer contract, only to bid for him. You can see on his contract information page, he's agreed a contract with current club

heinz.png

heinz2.png

Yes I have the same situation as you.

But what let me confused is sometimes I can sign a youth player with youth contract and transfer immediately, while most of the youth players I signed the transfer is delayed.

2 hours ago, davidjai said:

But what let me confused is sometimes I can sign a youth player with youth contract and transfer immediately, while most of the youth players I signed the transfer is delayed.

That depends entirely on the country you are trying to sign them from.  In South America, Africa, Asia,  u18 players are not allowed to sign with a club outside the country. You can still buy them, but they won't move until the transfer window after they turned 18.

For the EU, you need to be 16 to move to another country. Player cannot sign a professionel contract before they are 17 in most countries (Germany, England), or 16 in some (France).  So in England, you can sign 16 yo's around europe, but they will be on a youth contract until they turn 17. 

_Nearly_ every youth prospect will have signed a pre-contract. The exception is if you find them on Youth Day, where you can poach players away from other clubs by offering them better contracts. 

To sign a player straight away he needs to:

A) Be located in Europe

B) Not have signed a pre-contract

C) 16 years of age or older.

Afonso Sousa and Moise Kean must be set in the database as on youth contracts, with no professional contract agreed. They are in the EU, and they are 16+. That's why you can sign them straight away :)

Just now, Nacaw said:

That depends entirely on the country you are trying to sign them from.  In South America, Africa, Asia,  u18 players are not allowed to sign with a club outside the country. You can still buy them, but they won't move until the transfer window after they turned 18.

For the EU, you need to be 16 to move to another country. Player cannot sign a professionel contract before they are 17 in most countries (Germany, England), or 16 in some (France).  So in England, you can sign 16 yo's around europe, but they will be on a youth contract until they turn 17. 

_Nearly_ every youth prospect will have signed a pre-contract. The exception is if you find them on Youth Day, where you can poach players away from other clubs by offering them better contracts. 

A) Be located in Europe

B) Not have signed a pre-contract

C) 16 years of age or older.

Afonso Sousa and Moise Kean must be set in the database as on youth contracts, with no professional contract agreed. They are in the EU, and they are 16+. That's why you can sign them straight away :)

Thanks for your answer, it is very detail.

There's another question, I have agreed a transfer of a 15 yo player who is German and signed a prof contract with him, and the transfer will be held two years later. Is there anything I can do to reduce the transfer waiting time, if the player reaches 17?

30 minutes ago, davidjai said:

There's another question, I have agreed a transfer of a 15 yo player who is German and signed a prof contract with him, and the transfer will be held two years later. Is there anything I can do to reduce the transfer waiting time, if the player reaches 17?

4 hours ago, rinso said:

4 hours ago, davidjai said:

Nope.

21 hours ago, Nacaw said:

A) Be located in Europe

Your club and the player both need to be in an EU country rather than just in Europe to be able to sign players under the age of 18. For example you cannot sign U18's from Russia, and after Brexit parts of the UK that leave will lose the ability to sign U18's.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Your club and the player both need to be in an EU country rather than just in Europe to be able to sign players under the age of 18. For example you cannot sign U18's from Russia, and after Brexit parts of the UK that leave will lose the ability to sign U18's.

In addition to this the club needs to have a highly rated youth academy otherwise the standard international age restriction of 18 applies, in England a Cat 3 or lower youth rating should block any transfers until a player is 18 & during testing when the new rule group was introduced some Cat 2 clubs with low youth coaching ratings were also unable to sign overseas players until they turned 18.

For the rest of the EU I seem to recall that a rating of 14 or higher was the agreed required score for youth facilities & coaching to allow the transfer of a player aged 16 or 17 in any EU cross border deal.

Archived