Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
EquinoxX

Tutoring not possible?

I realized sometimes I can't ask a player to tutor someone because the option just isn't there in the interaction menu. I was wondering why that's happening? Any clues? See attached screenshot...

The player from this example is 26 years old and he's a key player in my team, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to tutor anyone. I have the same problem with almost all of my other players.

notutoring.jpg

Thanks, I checked it out and it says 'The player already has a senior role in the team and cannot be tutored' - So I guess that states why he can't be tutored, but I'd like him to tutor a youngster? I got like 3-4 players in the team where under 'Interaction' I can tell them to tutor a young player, but I wonder why this option isn't available for the majority of my older players?

Edited by EquinoxX

It may be that there just is not any youngsters for him to tutor. 

How the game determines who is avialable to tutor and who is able to tutor is based on several different factors, where age and squad role is just two of them. I am not sure what the other criterias are, but I do believe that playing position is one, and personality is another. (I may be wrong)

30 minutes ago, dieu said:

It may be that there just is not any youngsters for him to tutor. 

How the game determines who is avialable to tutor and who is able to tutor is based on several different factors, where age and squad role is just two of them. I am not sure what the other criterias are, but I do believe that playing position is one, and personality is another. (I may be wrong)

Pretty sure player reputation is also an important factor.

Also if a player is captain it seems he can tutor while he's not yet 24 years old himself.