GOODBYE 3412 BURNLEYFM17.3.`Knap

I don't set these test leagues up myself, but I would say this is a sub top test. The major problem with testing many formations is that there are few natural squads you can use. I tend to use Lpool as they are very adaptable but would be considered top 6 test rather than sub top.

Even with tactics tested with top clubs, when they are independently tested over 180 games with under dog and top dog teams they still fare well.

11 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

I'd imagine David Beckham or Juninho Pernambucano going by the rest of the 'Burnley' squad.

The Burnley squad quality wise is slightly below the starting Liverpool/Arsenal squads Knap usually tests with. Soooo basically the same test as his other tactics. Give the guy some credit instead of trolling him.

People like these who are trolling have nothing else to do list. They have no ability to make tactics on their own and when someone do it for them and they find something they make fun of them .a lot of tactic creators have stopped making tactics all because of these kids 

9 hours ago, Silky said:

The Burnley squad quality wise is slightly below the starting Liverpool/Arsenal squads Knap usually tests with. Soooo basically the same test as his other tactics. Give the guy some credit instead of trolling him.

A light hearted joke is hardly 'trolling' someone? Though clearly this is nothing like the Burnley team that starts the game so i fail to understand the point in using them as an example for testing the tactic, do you?

8 hours ago, alex1234 said:

People like these who are trolling have nothing else to do list. They have no ability to make tactics on their own and when someone do it for them and they find something they make fun of them .a lot of tactic creators have stopped making tactics all because of these kids 

Firstly, it was just a joke.

Secondly, i'm more than capable of making my own and have never in my 25 years of playing this game used anyone else's for more than a couple of matches.

Thirdly, I'm certainly not a kid, in fact i'm probably one of the older members of this site nowadays. 

The fact that you are reading in the download section, makes me suspect your tactics are not your own work.

If you put your tactic on a download I will test it with this mega Burnley team.

Zyndar has given a precise definition of the squad quality but also the reputation has stayed the same which is also useful as a very typical situation when playing FM, low reputation with improved player quality.in abiilty 

5 hours ago, knap said:

The fact that you are reading in the download section, makes me suspect your tactics are not your own work.

If you put your tactic on a download I will test it with this mega Burnley team.

Zyndar has given a precise definition of the squad quality but also the reputation has stayed the same which is also useful as a very typical situation when playing FM, low reputation with improved player quality.in abiilty 

Don't know how you can come to that conclusion, i browse most of FM sections at some point or another. Does reading the careers section mean i'm not actually playing my own game? (think that makes sense)

And of course mine and most other peoples tactics will not do as well as your own, but then we don't put them into an automated system with no injuries etc for 70+ games and then simply post up the results. We have to make them over the course of an actual season changing things from match to match.

If you had done your tests with the actual Burnley team then i of course wouldn't see any problem, but changing 10 of the players and then going through an entire season with them without any injury problems etc seems a little pointless to me thats all.

3 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Don't know how you can come to that conclusion, i browse most of FM sections at some point or another. Does reading the careers section mean i'm not actually playing my own game? (think that makes sense)

And of course mine and most other peoples tactics will not do as well as your own, but then we don't put them into an automated system with no injuries etc for 70+ games and then simply post up the results. We have to make them over the course of an actual season changing things from match to match.

If you had done your tests with the actual Burnley team then i of course wouldn't see any problem, but changing 10 of the players and then going through an entire season with them without any injury problems etc seems a little pointless to me thats all.

The injury removal stands for all teams in the league so that all teams can play with their strongest setup at all time. This actually means the test is even harder. The fact that the roster is customised is for making the test easier for all kind of formations. Finally, the media prediction was calculated based on the CA of the players. Yes, this is not a normal save, this is a testing environment where time is crucial and you don't want to test your team management skills, only the tactic itself. Pointless? Couldn't agree less.

Hey Knap, is that test league your personal or it's somebody else, i'm asking if it's free for use. I tested that tactic by using Mr. Langvatn test league and sub-top & underdog teams were performing very good. As i see you are not using OIs as they are not mentioned anywhere, did you use any specific team or individual trainings also?

All the test leagues I use were made Zyndar. I am not sure how they compare to Mr L's as those were specifically designed for keeping as many variables as possible to a minimum. 

No OIs  but everything else is done by AM.

Have you got the results as no testing has been carried out in this patch.

1 hour ago, knap said:

All the test leagues I use were made Zyndar. I am not sure how they compare to Mr L's as those were specifically designed for keeping as many variables as possible to a minimum. 

No OIs  but everything else is done by AM.

Have you got the results as no testing has been carried out in this patch.

Is it available for others to use?

I would need permission from Zyndar re availabilty. Mr L s has always been available although FM Fitness coach is not available atm. This is general guide by MR L on testing.

What I can say is that the league has two test teams, and it is advised to insert the tactic in both teams, and then combine the results after finished test. This is to both ensure that there are enough matches (180 matches) for an accurate test result, and to test the diversity of the tactic, as the two test teams have different players and different rating (One team is CA120 and the other is CA145).

For now, I'll just share it here, in case anyone want to start using it before we do. Also,if you do, please report to us if you find any bugs or odds things that should be fixed in it before we start official testing.

How to test properly? Here is a list of some steps you need to follow to get an accurate test:

1. There are two divisions in the database, make sure you include both when you start your game. The reason for having two divisions is that it helps AI managers from getting fired in the test league.

2. Make yourself a test template savefile, so that each test gets the same schedule, and to make sure that every setting is the same for each tactic tested.

3. You need to manage both the CA120 and the CA145 test teams (you combine the results after finished test)

4. Use the in-game editor to make sure you will not be fired on either of the test teams.

5. Insert the tactic you want to test into all three tactic slots for both the CA120 and the CA145 test teams.

6. Use the FM17 in-game editor to set the tactic to 100% fluid.

7. Start the program FM Fitness Coach

8. Load the config file FMTestList.fml

9. Click "Start Fitness Coaching"

10. Don't make changes to ANYTHING ELSE, or the results will be affected by your changes, and the tactic test will be unfair.

11. You have to PLAY the matches yourself, you cannot use simulate match or instant result, as the assistant manager will change the tactic for around 25% of the time. So the test result will be extremely inaccurate if you do...

12. Don't forget to set the tactician's specific opposition instructions for each of the test teams

Tip: Make sure you don't have autosave on, so that you don't overwrite the base file!

Best wishes to all,
Mr L

Yes i'm using these instructions and MrL's Test league included in this post or another but in the same topic. Today after work i will switch to 3412 Burnley tactic, because i'm playing online network game with Everton. Formation - 352 and its variations is my favorite and from StephenK 352 v3.1 and TTF Agg Defensive i will switch to your tactic. Since i tried wheels of fire 3511, i like the style of play which team is performing. I think i can use goodbye 3412 tactic, i read lots of good comments and wanna try it too. As soon as i have any results from games i played i will post here or where tactic im using is posted. 

One more thing, as i tested the tactic i saw that both strikers and amc are the most scoring players. As far as i see wingbacks and amc/mc are players with most of assists, am i correct? Could you tell me are these players most important and which positions i should take care to have stronger players. I hope it's not explained complicated, just wanted to know how tactic is working. 

In general I have found for FM the FB position to be key, otherwise you tend to concede very easily,  and they also need to be providers (Rose/Walker are ideal) . Fast quality strikers are also a must.

What is the difference between all your tactics, i see you put names on the version of every tactics and you create different variations. I Only used to play with wheels of fire for couple of seasons and i didn't try rest of your tactics to have my own opinion. Is it the style of play or how you set up your player roles?

Are you setting injuries to 0.000001 rather than use FM Fitness.

They tend to be different styles - PIs tend to be very similar but TIs tend to define the style.

there are too many knap's tactics?which one is the best?i used knap 4231 goodye for 17.3.1 and there is bad result.always conceded and always lose againt top teams when away (i use liverpool)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello knap, the tactics looks good as usual.

Can you do us FMT players a favour?  We cannot use your tactics by downloading the .fmf file.  Would you please let us know the Player Instructions for your players?  Thank you very much.

Knap, thanks for your reply.  I should have made clear that I only got FMT on andriod, and it can only read tactics in .tac format.  

Still, I manually copied your tactic for as much as I could, and so far it works even without the Player Instructions!

Just shows how solid your tactic is.  Well done mate.

P.S. If you can do screen shots of the PIs, us andriod players will be much grateful.

Edited by Tacca03new
Typo