Struggling to find a long term save

matty_boy

Hi guys,

looking for a lower league save like ones I've done in previous FM versions but so far struggling to find a team to get one going with.

so far I've tried 

gillingham, Northampton, Exeter and   Plymouth

But haven't got into any of them for whatever reason.

any suggestion on someone I can take forward?

Im looking for nothing special in terms of money or squad, just a Decent squad decent finances and long term potential. 

Much appreciated in advance 

I also find it tough to get stuck into any save for more than 3 seasons and have tried a variety of games over not just this years fm but ones in the past, however I've recently downloaded classens world database which is fantastic as it gives you the option of every country in the world with at least the top division available to play so I'm thinking of loading all the leagues which is over 200, starting unemployed with the lowest badge and repnand seeing where it will take me. I think this will be a better game and more enjoyable than just playing the same leagues and countries year in year out so maybe you could give that a try 

• 1 month later...

What about Burton Albion. Very small club and stadium, back to back promotion to EFL and also survived narrowly the drop. Very good training facilities, will take bit time to get promotion and then go against PL teams.

Or maybe French/Spain/Germany second third league team?

Give Foggia in Serie C a go. I just got them promoted twice in two seasons and am now in Serie A but they have a few players capable of making the step up in my opinion.

The best thing about them is they have a ton of players with really interesting ppm's and high determination/good personalities so make great tutors. Your facilities aren't great but you have a good stadium and the board are pretty willing to back you if the results come.

You also have some pretty nice kits!

On 26/03/2017 at 10:38, matty_boy said:

Hi guys,

looking for a lower league save like ones I've done in previous FM versions but so far struggling to find a team to get one going with.

so far I've tried 

gillingham, Northampton, Exeter and   Plymouth

But haven't got into any of them for whatever reason.

any suggestion on someone I can take forward?

Im looking for nothing special in terms of money or squad, just a Decent squad decent finances and long term potential. 

Much appreciated in advance 

Woking mate. A club that should have already been in league 2 in years gone by. But for one reason or another they haven't. With the board being very un-ambitious, it seems you're forever fighting against them too. No money, a right board. Makes them interesting. I did a save with them, got them up to League 1, but with no money offered each season, I couldn't face it anymore and left. I am going to start a new save with them this weekend though. And this time try and out last the board and get them all the way to premier league! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just looking at them now as in loaded up a new save and picked them on a whim but Slavia Sofia have an amazing squad if you want to take a look and maybe head a bit outside of England. 

It's a youth oriented save based on board philosophies installed right at the beginning (Sign young and develop through club are both mandatory)

Tis for a good reason though, they're stacked. 

f5102479f6c370230b76e5c1aacaa643.png

Archived