Hi all,

I want to build a tactic that focuses on moving the ball in a simple, practical manner. I'm thinking of a system where the first attacker will be expected to go for the most readily available pass most of the time. This would mean that he would require enough support behind and in front of him to pass to the second attackers feet, or into his short run.

The main aim of the tactic is to get the ball from A to B in the most practical and precise way possible, by using the open spaces between the lines and within the channels to retain possession in a forward thinking manner, with a solid backbone to pass back to should the forward option not be available.

The teams style of play in defence will be dependant on the approach of the opponent and the scenario. Whether the team defend cautiously or aggressively will depend on the circumstances.

My initial thinking is that this would need to be a compact, low risk style of play. However, a structured setup would likely not be compact enough, and a defensive style would likely see the ball being cleared from danger more than I would like?

How would you all approach this? Does anything in particular come into mind? Bear in mind, this is just theory at the moment, and would probably need some tweaking depending on the teams this is tested out with.

any help will be hugely appreciated.

Archived