In desperate need of advice for my season 2

Hey!

My name is Jørgen and you can pronounce it as the first name of Klopp :)

Even though our name's quite alike, im no way near as good when it comes to manageing clubs in 1 season or more:lol:

Im fairly new to FM and im addicted already, i love everything about football and i was so glad when i started playing FM15. I have around a 100 hours in both FM16 and FM17.

So I started with my hometown club for a change, Aalesunds FK. Its a below mid-table team with not the greatest economy but Im just so interested to play with them and I actually celebrate a little when they score for me in the game.

Im fairly new to the game so im not aware of what needs to be done. I assign 2 scouts as they dont have any, create 2 tactics, one for defensive strat and one for more control and offense. I sign 2 players who fits my scouting instructions and place them in the team, first season goes really well, and end up in 5th place. But, my economy is going to ****, every month im like 100.000£ in minus so the club lowers my percent of transferdeals to like 20%. Start of next season i sign maybe 2 players, 1 on free and 1 for money i got from selling maybe 2 players that wasn't needed. I change up my offense tactic because I read somewhere the AI now learns about you. But, as the next season approches, i cant even win against newly promoted sides, i have like 28 shots 14 on target and 1 or 0 goals. im only drawing and loosing, players wanting to leave and such. I quit my save and started over doing kinda the same but with the same strategy as the season before but same outcome.

Could anyone please help me understand what I could do? Like do I need to change the training (my assistant is taking care of training).

Thanks in advance!

-Jørgen

Stolt oransje og blå, ja vi elsker Aafk! :cool:

First thing first. The AI does not learn your tactic. It will play more or less aggressive against you based on your reputation and standing within the game. If you overachieve it will be more defensive, if you underperform it will be more attacking, but that's it. 

However one of the reasons that you are failing the second season may be that your tacic is good against teams that attack you. When you overperform the first season teams will be more conservative against you in the second season,and the spaces you used to exploit just isn't there anymore because the AI has started to play more defensive against you. 

If you go to the tactics forum and post your tactic in as much detail as you can then the guys there will hopefully point you in the right direction. You can also PM me with the details and I will try to help you. 

Link to tactics forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

32 minutes ago, dieu said:

Stolt oransje og blå, ja vi elsker Aafk! :cool:

First thing first. The AI does not learn your tactic. It will play more or less aggressive against you based on your reputation and standing within the game. If you overachieve it will be more defensive, if you underperform it will be more attacking, but that's it. 

However one of the reasons that you are failing the second season may be that your tacic is good against teams that attack you. When you overperform the first season teams will be more conservative against you in the second season,and the spaces you used to exploit just isn't there anymore because the AI has started to play more defensive against you. 

If you go to the tactics forum and post your tactic in as much detail as you can then the guys there will hopefully point you in the right direction. You can also PM me with the details and I will try to help you. 

Link to tactics forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

Haha! Vi er laga av stål! 

I'll look into it after work :) It just seems weird though, i dominate with above 60% of the ball, more clear cut chances, nearly 30 shots! while only half on target and still draw/lose.

Archived