Cup Seeding problem

purekiller11

Hi Guys,

I have an issue I couldn’t resolve and I need a bit of assistance for FM16.

An overview:

I have created a new database which basically included a made-up fantasy league. I added two leagues above the English premier league. As I have tested database when playing a career, I had issues where I couldn’t get past any qualifying dates in the calendar for the Europe league or Champions league as the game would freeze. I assumed it was because the game code was confused with the premier league (this now being the third division in English football) and new created leagues.

Note: I wanted my new leagues to be in England hence why I chose this nation rather than any other (there is probably a better way of doing it but I am no expert)

I resolved the freezing by deleting both European cups from the database. I replaced this with a 138 team tournament that includes all English leagues down to vanarama league. This included a 20 team qualifier with 128 teams going into 16 groups of 8 teams playing each other once.

Qualifying DB changes

58d2d646a32ce_QualifyingDBchanges.thumb.PNG.76064638af6bd2814d8aec37aa6ee9e5.PNG

Group Stage changes

58d2d647597c6_GroupStagechanges.thumb.PNG.0cce45fe134adcfe13cc85263d685ae8.PNG

This so far was going fine. The qualifying stage was teams that were the lowest rank in England from the bottom division. This is how qualifying should be.

Now unfortunately after playing the save, having no European objectives made it quite stale. I wanted to bring it back.

So, I removed all the English leagues and added every European country to the cup to make up 138 teams (the big leagues have 4 with the lower rep countries having less and less).

7 example of the teams in the cup (all 55 nations were involved from Europe)

58d2d645c44c5_teamsinthecup.thumb.PNG.f4ca2e0acd3a7335043c9e1b829989c7.PNG

As I started this DB, instead of qualifying being against the Malta or San Marino league winners. I was seeing the biggest clubs fighting each other at this stage of the competition.

Two different years

58d2d6483d212_QforCup1.thumb.PNG.8f25f9bab5304d1cb38c58a5b77c26f8.PNG

58d2d648f3058_QforCup2.thumb.PNG.7f024389e794d0f07db1cd91137376b8.PNG

I have changed from seeded by division reputation and random seeding with no difference. I think advanced settings may help but I have no idea where to start and it looks confusing even after looking on the internet.

Any help will be much appreciated.

On a side note, any idea how I can get the green colour for qualifying into a European competition in your domestic league even though it’s a national comp? I just want the game to treat this comp as a European cup, but its most likely hard coded I assume with the UCL and the UEL.

Dan

Archived