Money problem

mbsears

So I started a career with non football side Dagenham & Redbridge.  My goal was to take them from the 5th tier and gain promotion as much as I could.  Well in short I destroyed the national league pretty easy and won the title mostly with the players I inhabited and a few cheap free agents I bought. Pretty much the same story with League Two as well. I thought i'd start to see trouble in League One but through heavy scouting of the free agent pool I surprisingly did very well in League One and squeaked into the playoffs and gained promotion into the EFL Championship.  I never expected to make it this far on the talent I was able to get on my very limited budget but sense I had I decided to see how far I could go.  When I saw I was a heavy favored relegation candidate I decided to buy some money from the Steam Store.  While it allowed me to gain the players I needed for promotion into the EPL, it wasn't enough to stay there and has proven to be a mistake on my part.  Now I am struggling to stay in the EPL but the even bigger problem is that I am losing money every month just paying my players.  I am headed for serious financial trouble unless I sell all of my high priced players and start a tumble back down the ladder which of course I don't want to do.  I also would hate to get sacked after investing so much time into he club.  Will my attendance improve fast enough for things to balance out if I try to hold on for a few seasons in the EPL or am I fighting a losing battle with my finances?

Thanks, I'll try to hang on then.  I for sure don't want to keep buying funds in order to stay alive.  That was a misstep on my part. I grew faster than I could afford to support it.  Hopefully the EPL tv money will keep me afloat. 

Archived