Help 4-1-2-3 Narrow FC Juarez

Hi, I am doing a save in FM16, with a mexican team FC Juarez. 

Fc Juarez it's a second division team, which I took in 2015, I am now in first division in 2021. The league works like this, an opening tourney (from august to december), and a closing one(january to may), 18 teams, only 17 games per tourney, top 8 qualify to a bracket system, and the champion is the one that wins that. The relegation system is an average point, the team that ends the full year with less avg than all the others, goes down. So if you did well, the season before, even if you do very badly in the second one, you can avoid relegation.

My team is the weakest team in the league, but, I have avoided relegation 3 times already by being the second last or third. 

The problem is that my tactics do work, at first, but then they fail massively.

For example, the first season, I used the same tactic from my time in second division. a 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow, with two wing backs attack, 2 central defenders, and a half back as defensive mid, in mid I placed a roaming playmaker and a box to box, with an advances playmaker in AMC, as strikers I used a combo of Deep and advanced forwards. It worked at first, but in the second half of the season I started losing almost everygame. (The instruccions were wait for overlap. play in the middle. with standard mind set and fluid. Nothing more.)

So I changed the tactic, I read an article from Cleon for a counterattacking football, so I made a 4-1-4-1. with one attacking full back, and the other as defence, two central defenders, an achor man, left side a wide mid, right side another wide mid, in the center a box to box, and a CM by his side, with a false nine, or defensive forward as the stricker. It worked, I almost finished top 8, but at the end of the season again, It stop working and I lost almost every game. (There were no instruccions, very structured, and counter mentality)

So I changed the tactic, this is where I am now at the start of the season I kept using the counter, after 14 in the opening stage, I decided that I needed to change(I only won 2 games, and draw like 4, and all the other were loses). I decided to finish the opening stage and in the closing stage I changed to 4-1-2-3 narrow, with wingbacks attack, 2 central defenders, a half back, a roaming and box to box in mid field, two AMC an advance playmaker and an Advanced Midfielder, and an Advances forward as an striker. Instruccion are wait for overlap, play in mid, an standard mentality and fluid.

What I want to do with this tactic, is play with my midfielders, and wait for the wing backs to come, and open up the field, with my advanced forward, box to box and advanced mid going into the box for the corsses the wing backs throw. Also I want the roaming pm and advanced playmaker to create(obviously) and to give the key pass to my advanced forward (16 pace) to run. I use half back because I want him to go back and the cb to go a little wide(To change into a kind of line of 3), when the wing backs go up and attack.
I don't know if I explained it ok... But that's what I see with my tactic.

This worked like a charm, as I had three very good AMC, they did the work, and I won like 4-5 games at the start of the season again, but at the end, I started losing, I ended up in 13th, which isn't bad, but again I was almost last in avg points. The thing, is that the first 10 games, I dominated the games, more shots, more possession, but at the end, I was completely dominated 60%-40% with me losing possetion, and 22 shots(almost all from afar) against 5-6 of me.

Now in the friendlies I won 1-0 and lost 1-0 against two first division teams, but I was dominated as I said before, I don't know what is wrong with my tactic, I try to analise the problem and read the stats, but I don't see the mistake. Maybe one of you can help me, or give me tips to fix this tactic. thanks.

What I think is the problem? I really don't know what could be wrong here. This is what I have though.

-My team is weaker. This one is obvious, my team is weak, is the worst in the league, and the board just wants me to avoid relegation, but the thing is my tactics, always dominate at first, and then they fail, that means that there is a way for my guys to shine, then why at the end of each season I am again fighting to not being relegated? 

-The are playing more defensively against me. This is what I think after the last point, they are playing defensively against me, so my tactic doesn't work the same, buuuut, I am still the worst team how it is possible that teams that pay their players more than 20K euros a week, be scared of me when I pay one tenth of the salary they pay? And even if it was the case, they are playing parking the bus, why do they have a lot more shots (games ended with 22 shots from them((almost all long shots)) and I only fire like 5-6 times), and have much more possession(60-40 aprox)? That doesn't look pretty defensively. 

-The team is full of young so they get nervous? That could be a factor, but most of my young players have ambitious, or professional personality, and I still have players around 24-32 years old. Sure my key players are young but still... That doesn't make sense.

-The tactic doesn't work. Then why did it work in the first place? I feel it should work... or not?

-The other teams are doing something.(Because I really don't know what is happening). Maybe they know how to destroy me? I don't know.

I haven't post here in a lot, so I hope that I explained everything, and english isn't my first language, so sorry if you can't understand some stuff...

What I want to know is:

-What may be wrong with the tactic? The roles? The instructions?

-Why do I have so little possesion, and why I don't have chances?

-The tactic on itself is destined to fail?

If there is anything more you need to know, tell me and I will add it.

Thanks.

Archived