Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

I get "Failed" after promising to rest a jaded player from my team. Timeline:
-Before the Panionios match: My player doesn't have a "Rst" icon, condition/sharpness is at 91%/99% respectively. He only has "match fit but starting to get jaded" at his profile.
-He plays vs Panionios the entire match.
-After the match, his condition/sharpness is now at 70%/100%, he has a "Rst" icon and at his profile i see "a little jaded and could do with a rest".
-I even got a message from my head physio.
-I attend the press conference after the match.
-After the press conference I am having the conversation with the player, "I am planning to rest you for the upcoming match....", in which he agrees, "thanks boss, i am feeling a bit jaded"...
-I send him on holiday. Physio recommends 1 week, i go with that. I even chose to rest him from training for 1 week. Right-click on player->Training->Rest->1 Week.
-I press continue and get this:
Emeterio_not_happy.png
Btw, he isn't being selected in the first eleven, not even as a substitute and he isn't being made available for the reserve/youth team.
-I decide to go on holiday for 1 week to test it.
-I get this:
Emeterio_pleased.png
-I get this:
Emeterio_failed.png
Emeterio_form.png

Is it a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I did 2 more tests.
Test1: After having the conversation with the player, I send him on holiday for 1 week but don't choose Training->Rest->1 week.
Promise failed.
Test2: After having the conversation with the player, I only choose Training->Rest->1 week but don't send him on holiday.
Promise still failed.

Obviously, if I don't have the conversation with the player and just rest him on my own, everything will be fine, no "failed promises".
But, I would like to give him the promise and complete it, because it will give me "points" as a manager and cause the player to like me more.

Edited by ilkork

I suggest that you post this in the FM 17 Bugs forum as this one is for previous versions

14 hours ago, FrazT said:

I suggest that you post this in the FM 17 Bugs forum as this one is for previous versions

But, it's for FM16 :cool:

I ran one more holiday test as suggested in my "General Discussion" thread.
I waited till the 18th of October and then i had the conversation with him. (chose both: send on holiday->1 week, training->rest->1 week).
It succeeded.
Emeterio_succeeded.png

I still think it's a bug (or whatever you call it, oversight in design), cause it should have succeeded even if i had made the promise on the 17th of October.
If the same happens in FM17, take action :)

Sorry- there was no mention of which game it was in your other post and I didnt look at the in-game date.  Reporting it for FM 16 probably wouldnt get too much attention anyway at this stage, so the 17 forums would be the place to go.