Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipps

Homesick player(s)

21 posts in this topic

I have just taken over at Leicester in The Premier League (start of 3rd season) & Christian Fuchs has come to me to say that he's unhappy in England & would like to take his family back home (Austria), he's now 33 years-old so I have no issue with it & agree to let him leave.

His value is £750,000 but no one bids for him when I offer him for transfer so then I offer to 'mutually terminate his contract' & he refuses & then gets angry with me trying to force him out of the club!!

What am I supposed to of done in that situation? Surely allowing him to leave for nothing was the right thing for me to do? I was happy to get his wages off of my budget.

He eventually left but unhappy with me as were some of the squad.

If no-one bids just let his contract run down.

I generally find for older players they tend to come to you when there is less than a year left on their contract.

6 minutes ago, qwerty22 said:

Another example of a buggy feature

Maybe you want to explain why you think its buggy.

Basically an example of you shouting bug before thinking but then thats nothing new is it?

40 minutes ago, Tipps said:

I have just taken over at Leicester in The Premier League (start of 3rd season) & Christian Fuchs has come to me to say that he's unhappy in England & would like to take his family back home (Austria), he's now 33 years-old so I have no issue with it & agree to let him leave.

His value is £750,000 but no one bids for him when I offer him for transfer so then I offer to 'mutually terminate his contract' & he refuses & then gets angry with me trying to force him out of the club!!

What am I supposed to of done in that situation? Surely allowing him to leave for nothing was the right thing for me to do? I was happy to get his wages off of my budget.

He eventually left but unhappy with me as were some of the squad.

Just because he'd like to move back to Austria doesn't mean that he wants to be made unemployed, lose all of his income, and have no guarantee at all of being able to find another club.

I currently live and work in Munich, I'd very much like to move back home to Bristol but I'm not going to quit my job in Munich until I have another job lined up in Bristol because while I don't really want to be here, I'd rather be here and employed than there and unemployed...

Also mutual termination means that you have offered to terminate his contract for less then he is entitled to if he stays untill it expires. I doubt he is that desperate to move back home

Posted (edited)

You offet him mutual trrmination then he gets upset and the whole squad revolts and thats the game ruined for you.

Why would a seasoned proffessional spending 4 or 5 years in the club be homesick? Also when you sell him he'd probably move to a team in England.

Edited by qwerty22

46 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

Just because he'd like to move back to Austria doesn't mean that he wants to be made unemployed, lose all of his income, and have no guarantee at all of being able to find another club.

I currently live and work in Munich, I'd very much like to move back home to Bristol but I'm not going to quit my job in Munich until I have another job lined up in Bristol because while I don't really want to be here, I'd rather be here and employed than there and unemployed...

But in essence he's an aging footballer who has earned plenty over the years, he wants to leave to go back to Austria but no one is willing to offer me any money for him, so to help him find a new club back in Austria I offer to pay him to leave & allow him to join whoever he wants for nothing & give him a few months before the season starts to find a new club.

No disrespect but football & sport is unlike any other job, there aren't many jobs where another company will pay another company for you to join them to your job. Assuming you're not a footballer or sportsman, you're going to have to look & apply for any potential job you would like in the future.

@qwerty22: A seasoned pro can be homesick because he is a human being. But then, I suppose your question was a rhetorical one.

Posted (edited)

sounds like a bug to me in all honesty. if a player is homesick it means no money or glory will make him stay. transfer listing him and selling to any club outside Austria should be considered a bug. let alone offering offering mutual termination (as he wanted to leave he should accept less money) and then freaking out for being forced out.

Edited by MBarbaric

4 hours ago, Tipps said:

But in essence he's an aging footballer who has earned plenty over the years, he wants to leave to go back to Austria but no one is willing to offer me any money for him, so to help him find a new club back in Austria I offer to pay him to leave & allow him to join whoever he wants for nothing & give him a few months before the season starts to find a new club.

No disrespect but football & sport is unlike any other job, there aren't many jobs where another company will pay another company for you to join them to your job. Assuming you're not a footballer or sportsman, you're going to have to look & apply for any potential job you would like in the future.

He is basically giving you notice that he won't sign a new contract allowing you time to plan ahead for when he leaves.

16 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

He is basically giving you notice that he won't sign a new contract allowing you time to plan ahead for when he leaves.

I took it as him wanting to leave asap & I was only to happy to oblige in whatever way I could. Just found it a bit strange that he got upset when I tried to find someone to take him.

37 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

sounds like a bug to me in all honesty. if a player is homesick it means no money or glory will make him stay. transfer listing him and selling to any club outside Austria should be considered a bug. let alone offering offering mutual termination (as he wanted to leave he should accept less money) and then freaking out for being forced out.

Exactly.

When he says he's homesick then it means he needs to leave ASAP, That's why SI added an option of giving him a leave of absence to clear his head.

And when he moves to another team in the same country, It's a bug despite someone coming and claiming that maybe the player was lying to get his move :D

3 minutes ago, qwerty22 said:

Exactly.

When he says he's homesick then it means he needs to leave ASAP, That's why SI added an option of giving him a leave of absence to clear his head.

It doesn't mean that at all, each situation needs context and this one is different to a foreign player joining a club and then not settling.

Sure SI could expand the feature and make it a bit clearer but that doesn't negate you having a blinkered view as to what is represented.

3 minutes ago, qwerty22 said:

And when he moves to another team in the same country, It's a bug despite someone coming and claiming that maybe the player was lying to get his move :D

Has that happened?  No, not based on the OP's posts.

Do you have an example of it happening?

If you don't the point is mute, if you do raise it for SI to review how it happened and whether it was realistic.

2 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

It doesn't mean that at all, each situation needs context and this one is different to a foreign player joining a club and then not settling.

Sure SI could expand the feature and make it a bit clearer but that doesn't negate you having a blinkered view as to what is represented.

Has that happened?  No, not based on the OP's posts.

Do you have an example of it happening?

If you don't the point is mute, if you do raise it for SI to review how it happened and whether it was realistic.

*moot not mute :p

4 minutes ago, mack4ever said:

*moot not mute :p

Hmmm, always thought it was mute :(

You learn something everyday :thup:

Maybe, in this instance, the "homesick" should be replaced by something more appropriate, reflecting player's age etc. ie wants to return to native country before retirement? 

12 minutes ago, rinso said:

Maybe, in this instance, the "homesick" should be replaced by something more appropriate, reflecting player's age etc. ie wants to return to native country before retirement? 

But 'Fuchs homesick' was the highlighted bit of the story.

He had decided that he had been away long enough & him & his family wanted to move back home.

It didn't say that he wanted to return home to finish his career, it stated it was because of homesickness.

like I said, if you read my post properly. In this instance, maybe it should not have said Fuchs is homesick. Maybe it should have said Fuchs wants to go back to native country before retiring. or Wants to end career in native country. Clearer?

40 minutes ago, rinso said:

like I said, if you read my post properly. In this instance, maybe it should not have said Fuchs is homesick. Maybe it should have said Fuchs wants to go back to native country before retiring. or Wants to end career in native country. Clearer?

Sorry, I thought you were making the point that I should of titled this thread differently, not that the FM headline should of been different.

My confusion.

Yeah sorry about that, my post came across far more aggressive than I intended..